• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The New Look London

W

wigan_rlfc

QuinsRL2006Home.jpg

London's main professional Rugby League team , the London Broncos, have become Harlequins RL and this is there new kit.

Yeah well, It's just the same as the Union kit pretty much - which english teams do for some reason (Leeds Tykes and Rhinos and pretty much the same logo etc)

I'm pleased to see the most brilliantly awful rugby jersey expanding... (not in the fabric sense)

(edit: Actually, the fabric sense as well)

Not a good jersey if you hate the colour red ....... or blue ....... or green actually ............ and maybe brown ........ grey ......... and probably black.

i also like it - i like the quins too - there a very historic rugby team steaped in tradition

Seriously, people, get it right:

Light blue, magenta, chocolate, french grey, black & light green.

Be it Union, or now League, the jersey is the only thing going for the club at the moment.

The black strip down the side makes it look a bit smarter than the Union version. I do think that the colours should have been arranged in a Vee or Chevron pattern rather than Checks to make it identifiable from the union kit and also to give it more of a League twist.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Jan 25 2006, 02:44 PM
The black strip down the side makes it look a bit smarter than the Union version. I do think that the colours should have been arranged in a Vee or Chevron pattern rather than Checks to make it identifiable from the union kit and also to give it more of a League twist.
Its actually identical to the Union shirt - black stripe down the side and all ... the only difference is the trim on the sleeves is white for Quins RL and grey for Quins RU.

Broncos used to play in quartered shirt though - so it's not that different from how things used to be.

Also, I think Cap America's comment is a little harsh.
Quins RU are still getting 10,000 turning up to watch them even though they were relegated last season, plus they have Mehrtens, Vos and Greenwood on the park, they are unbeaten since August, and there is a good buzz around the place about the start of the RL season with around 7,000 expected next Saturday ... so I think they have a little more going for them than just the bloody 'orrible shirt!

Originally posted by MightyQuin@Jan 31 2006, 08:55 PM
Broncos used to play in quartered shirt though - so it's not that different from how things used to be.
Very true.

MightyQuin - are you going to be getting involved with Harlequins RL?

Only in a shouting "Gerrem onside ref" and "Come on you useless basta's" capacity!

I used to live in Twickenham when they played at the Stoop before, so started going to the Stoop with my wife to support Quins and the Broncos simply because they were the local teams. I found the amount of abuse I got for simply supporting my local teams quite amusing ... and a lot of that abuse was from Broncos fans!!

Bizarrely, it seems the ND1 teams are actually enjoying meeting Quins fans, and finding that they are in fact, decent beer swilling rugby fans, rather than the champagne city brigade the tabloids make Quins out to be.

Are you getting a season ticket for Harlequins RL? I'm trying to decide if the union fans are going to give league a chance...

Personally I'm not getting a season ticket, as I don't think I'll be able to make enough games to make it worthwhile - my wife works weekends, and I have 2 small kids.

On the whole though, I do think a good number of the union fans will be giving it a chance - they introduced the QuinsRL team at halftime in the Quins fixture at the weekend to a decent reception. I think Chris Warren went a little over the top with all the player introductions, as they stumbled out and stood on the sideline freezing their balls off, but it was all good fun!!

Still a fan of Steel Retchless, Terry Matterson and Peter Gill myself ...

Originally posted by MightyQuin@Jan 31 2006, 09:21 PM
Personally I'm not getting a season ticket, as I don't think I'll be able to make enough games to make it worthwhile - my wife works weekends, and I have 2 small kids.

On the whole though, I do think a good number of the union fans will be giving it a chance - they introduced the QuinsRL team at halftime in the Quins fixture at the weekend to a decent reception. I think Chris Warren went a little over the top with all the player introductions, as they stumbled out and stood on the sideline freezing their balls off, but it was all good fun!!

Still a fan of Steel Retchless, Terry Matterson and Peter Gill myself ...
Meh, Chris Warren can't not go over the top! The Broncos have always had a good team, hopefully this scheme will open up some investment for them to expand their influence.

Latest posts