• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The "Northern Hemisphere" Bok team for the Test vs Wales

If New Zealand did this they wouldn't be having the problems they are right now.

1. Greg Somerville (66 caps) Greg could play both sides, mainly tight though.
2. Anton Oliver (59 caps)
3. Carl Hayman (46 caps)
4. Greg Rawlinson (4 caps)
5. Xavier Rush (8 caps)
6. Jerry Collins (48 caps)
7. Marty Holah (36 caps)
8. Rueben Thorne (50 caps)
9. Byron Kelleher (57 caps)
10. Nick Evans (15 caps)
11. Rico Gear (20 caps)
12. Aaron Mauger (46 caps)
13. Tana Umaga (79 caps)
14. Doug Howlett (62 caps)
15. Caleb Ralph (15 caps)

16. Saimone Taumoepeau (3 caps)
17. Clarke Dermody (3 caps)
18. Ross Filipo (5 caps)
19. Chris Masoe (20 caps)
20. Sam Tuitupou (10 caps)
21. Leon MacDonald (51 caps)
22. Bruce Reihana (2 caps)

The reserves bench is lacking a little bit, but overall very solid. I'm sure this starting XV would wallop the South African one, mainly because many of our players left in 2007 to play overseas. Caps wise we have more caps than your Boks.

Last edited:
Apart from Somerville, Rawlinson, Rush, Collins, Holah, Gear, Mauger, Umaga, Taumoepeau & Tuitupou are all either crap, past it or both.

Also, forgot to swap the props, Somerville should be in loose head because he could play both sides, Hayman could only play tightside.

Apart from Somerville, Rawlinson, Rush, Collins, Holah, Gear, Mauger, Umaga, Taumoepeau & Tuitupou are all either crap, past it or both.

Hayman got offered a 850,00 gbp contract and took it, so I don't think he is past it, highest payed player at the moment? Just a bit ahead of Wilkinson. Leon Macdonald was solid for the Crusaders last year, was their only real real performer in the backline and is now doing very well in Japan. Howlett isn't the best, but hey, he has the most tries in the Super 14, can't argue with statistics. Nick Evans is dominating, his team is useless and he is the only good player at Quins. Thorne is solid. Oliver still plays for Oxford university and was very good in the last game I saw. Kelleher is on fire in the Top 14.

Seilala Mapusua aswell, never played for the All Blacks though, was GP player of the season 08/09. Born in Auckland.

Andrew Mehrtens is also playing very well for Racing Metro, didn't play a lot of games but when he did he dominated. (70 caps) He is not South African by the way, both his parents are New Zealanders and they moved there for a few years because of his fathers job, moved back when he was about 2 or 3. I've spoken to him and he doesn't consider himself South African at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts