• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Open

Dunne has surely given the best effort so far, for an amateur he was just so good yesterday, and i think its unfair to compare him with guys like Bobby Jones as the competition was nowhere near what it is today, he's has 3 rounds under par with a 66 yesterday, fantastic, not sure whethet he can keep it up today but he he does it will go down as one of the greatest Opens ever!!!! Somehow my money is on a 3 maybe 4 player play-off tonight.

Lads if Harrington wins it I will put him up there with a lot of greats in world golf. Speith is the favourite in my eyes now. He's a guy on form and while I thought he'd struggle he's simply just taking it all in stride and is the #1 guy in world for sure. I'd say he's better than Rory overall.
Great finish in store regardless.

He's definitely more consistent than Rory and slightly better when they were both at the same age. When Rory is on form though he's the better golfer. When on form Rory is as good as Tiger in his heyday, while Spieth isn't far off he's not quite there. Mcilroy will finish his career with more majors than Spieth, Woods too I would think.

Really? Woods stayed at the top for 10 years, sports science is a lot better for Rory, he won't run into the injuries until he's about 40.

Really? Woods stayed at the top for 10 years, sports science is a lot better for Rory, he won't run into the injuries until he's about 40.

True just don't think he'll win as many majors. He's too hot and cold when he's off form and it's more competitive now than ever

Well done Z Johnson, fantastic golf and what a grinder! Very worthy winner!

Tony, you should have stayed the extra day, Padraig and Paul were relying on your presence. That's more important than weather!

Well done Z Johnson, fantastic golf and what a grinder! Very worthy winner!

Tony, you should have stayed the extra day, Padraig and Paul were relying on your presence. That's more important than weather!

Family and some 2500 kilometers to drive!!!

Watched it all on tv on breaks though!!

Hard on Speith with history beckoning but the worthy winner was Zac as he was the most consistent over the four rounds and especially the last!

Disappointed with Dunne's finish - for him I hasten to add!

Agree with Gaston re comparison to Jones and other comments about Rory who did let himself down by not being at the dinner on Tuesday as current champion! With his resources one would have thought it could have been done had he wanted it as he should have!!

Speith has learnt how to compete, and win, when not playing well but not sure Rory can do either!!

Latest posts