• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

the passing system-please read

M

mark_shaw

jst a question to all of therugbyforum users

having watched a few movies does anyone agree that it sort of looks like there arnt off loads and that most of the time u cant pass to a payer if ur jst aobut to get tacked some one please prove me wrong!

According to locksley you can't offload, or if you can it is extremely rare. Also, there are some tackle animations that stop you from being able to draw and pass.

Mark, mate, buddy-ol-pal . . . it's been discussed, many times, in older threads, in Locks' reviews, from the town-hall to the village cemetary . . .

In summary: Good observation, cause they aren't apparently there. Locks says when the tackling animation kicks in, if you haven't passed, you're going to grass.

damn, thats the pivitol part of the passing game, being able 2 bring in a tackleer or 2 an then offloading to the open man. e.g tana and maa every game

Well, as evidenced in the NZ v Cardiff clip, you can draw people in and pass it off to the support (and very well I might add)

yeh another point i wantd to add was if i was in charge of ea rugby, id change the part of the shoulder charge, so that u hold it down and release to unleash ur shoulder charge, coz for our first 15, our big lads always get there momentum and there posituon about 10 m from the tackler if you get wat i mean capt.

omg its not a shoulder charge!

its a good tackle, big hit, spear tackle.....but not a shoulder charge!

if u use ur shoulders in rugby you'll be penelised in real life!

shoulder charges r in NHL and allowed in rugby league as sonny bill williams uses it alot!

I get what you mean, but have you played 2005 yet -- it might be good enough or to your liking.

Now, if you were in charge of the EA Rugby series, you've got a lot of explaining to do for 2**4.

o sorry i sounded like i was shouting in that post sorry

well u noe wat i mean in my post

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Feb 27 2005, 06:36 PM
ha ha, if i was in charge of ea rugby, id b a biased assh*ole to the SH
You mean like the developers already are...
<

Pardon Teh Mite? Aren't England ranked at least 3 places higher than they should be?

Over-rating one side (who at the end of the day are still the World Champions) levels the playing field when the SH has official lisences for the clubs, the dispanded PI while the Lions are only 2001, more SH related tournaments....

Wait. More SH related tournaments?
Lets see.
Super 12
Tri nations

well.
Six nations
European shithouse.
And of course the 10 nations and world league and world cup are all and all.
And are you sure that he Lions are 2001? If so then I don't think it's a case of being biased, but moreso a case of being lazy incompetent Canadian developers being paid on commision and not commitment.

THE END.

Back on the subject of passing, hasn't Locksley said that he has got one offload away?
If so, it makes me hopeful that awesome timing is all thats required.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 27 2005, 09:31 PM
Pardon Teh Mite? Aren't England ranked at least 3 places higher than they should be?
No, they are ranked 6 places higher than they should be... England haven't been a top 3 side since the world cup, and don't deserve to have that rating in the game... When I get it on PC I'll put Ireland up closer to France and England down to around scotlands level
<

Hey! it's accurate!
<

There's a pass from Giteau towards the end of the 2nd half of the Oz v Uruguay game that looks close to a pop ball - or is it simultaneous?

So hard to make out.

Can only pause....

Am losing mind...

What do you guyz think? (about the pass not my state of mind).
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 27 2005, 09:40 PM
Lets see.
Super 12
Tri nations

well.
Six nations
European shithouse.
And are you sure that he Lions are 2001? If so then I don't think it's a case of being biased, but moreso a case of being lazy incompetent Canadian developers being paid on commision and not commitment.

THE END.
Shut up you ninny. It's more sad that countries that are big on Rugby can't develope their own technology to produce it... know that is lazy and incompetent wouldn't you say?!

Originally posted by excitation+Feb 28 2005, 07:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (excitation @ Feb 28 2005, 07:54 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 27 2005, 09:40 PM
Lets see.
Super 12
Tri nations

well.
Six nations
European shithouse.

THE END.
Shut up you ninny. It's more sad that countries that are big on Rugby can't develope their own technology to produce it... know that is lazy and incompetent wouldn't you say?! [/b]
Both Swordfish Studios and Sidhe have created far better rugby (both codes) games than EA's last effort, and it may very well be the same this year.
<

..The hell you talking about? Especially when you take into consideration the differences in budget.

Latest posts