• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

S

St Helens RLFC

Right then, this is it.

This is the place to discuss the English League. We are now 30 days away from the start of the league. I'm getting really excited now, even though there's still some work to be done at my team, Liverpool.

What are your thoughts and predicitions for the season that is up and coming?

My half asleep prediction another Man U and Arsneal battle for the ***le

True i forgot about them its like 2 over here and i falling asleep yeah i dont think they will win but push pretty close

COME ON CHELSEA

I'm out of thecountry and likely to be nowhere near a TV for the Man U game but I'm going to be down the 'Bridge for the visits of Southampton, Spurs and Villa + more in the NEw year.

I want to see the Blues lining up like this next season

Duff ...- Gudjohnsen - .......Robben

.......Cole - Parker - Lampard

Bridge - Terry - Gallas - Johnson

...............Cudicini

Then there is:

Mutu, Kezman, Geremi, Makalele, Ferreira, Baba, Cech...on the bench. Quality

This is how it will finish next year

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Liverpool

Birmingham
Aston Villa
Newcastle
Middlesborough
Portsmouth
Bolton
Charlton
Tottenham
Everton

Man City
Blackburn
Fulham
C Palace

Southampton
Norwich
West Brom

Originally posted by woodie@Jul 16 2004, 04:27 PM
This is how it will finish next year

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man Utd
Liverpool

Birmingham
Aston Villa
Newcastle
Middlesborough
Portsmouth
Bolton
Charlton
Tottenham
Everton

Man City
Blackburn
Fulham
C Palace

Southampton
Norwich
West Brom
Villa and Birmingham to finish above Newcastle, I know we weren't great last season but that's taking the ****. Also I'd swap Southampton with Man City for the drop.

Newcastle will be hunting that final Champions League spot, imo. And I tip it to be Man Utd they're battling with it for...

Some quality signings at Old Trafford, a couple of kids and that muppet Alan Smith, ooh I bet the rest are quaking in their boots.
<

Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Smith

is still a very good strikefore.

The problem is Smith loves Leeds. He put his heart and soul into everything for them, and his passion made him 'successful'.

At Man U I can't see him having the same intensity, but we will find out how good he really is.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 16 2004, 02:50 PM
What are your thoughts and predicitions for the season that is up and coming?
All round boredom.

Pompey will be pushing arsenal all the way for the ***le. Teddy will regain his mantle as best player in the world.
<
<
<

Originally posted by incredible_holc@Jul 18 2004, 09:12 PM
Teddy will regain his mantle as best player in the world.
<
<
<
What a pity he signed for West Ham on thursday...

Looks like Chelsea will have to pay â'¬40 million to get Drogba, I know Abramovich has plenty of money but even that seems a little steep. Chelsea had initially bid â'¬27 million so they're still quite short of Marseille's asking price.

Drogba's a good lad - played really well against us in the UEFA Cup, but he's not worth the £27 million being tipped.

Didn't realise he was 26, thought he was only 21 or 22, doesn't make a difference, may only be at Chelsea for a couple of seasons.

Sicknote's without a club at the moment isn't he? Looks like Drogba is set for Chelsea after they agreed a fee of â'¬36 million with Marseille.

Latest posts