The Premier League Thread

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by St Helens RLFC, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Right then, this is it.

This is the place to discuss the English League. We are now 30 days away from the start of the league. I'm getting really excited now, even though there's still some work to be done at my team, Liverpool.

What are your thoughts and predicitions for the season that is up and coming?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. My half asleep prediction another Man U and Arsneal battle for the title

4. True i forgot about them its like 2 over here and i falling asleep yeah i dont think they will win but push pretty close

5. woodie

woodie Guest

COME ON CHELSEA

I'm out of thecountry and likely to be nowhere near a TV for the Man U game but I'm going to be down the 'Bridge for the visits of Southampton, Spurs and Villa + more in the NEw year.

I want to see the Blues lining up like this next season

Duff ...- Gudjohnsen - .......Robben

.......Cole - Parker - Lampard

Bridge - Terry - Gallas - Johnson

...............Cudicini

Then there is:

Mutu, Kezman, Geremi, Makalele, Ferreira, Baba, Cech...on the bench. Quality

This is how it will finish next year

Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man Utd
    Liverpool

Birmingham
    Aston Villa
    Newcastle
    Middlesborough
    Portsmouth
    Bolton
    Charlton
    Tottenham
    Everton

Man City
    Blackburn
    Fulham
    C Palace

Southampton
    Norwich
    West Brom

6. Everton are doomed. They'll finish below West Brom.

7. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Villa and Birmingham to finish above Newcastle, I know we weren't great last season but that's taking the ****. Also I'd swap Southampton with Man City for the drop.

8. Newcastle will be hunting that final Champions League spot, imo. And I tip it to be Man Utd they're battling with it for...

9. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Some quality signings at Old Trafford, a couple of kids and that muppet Alan Smith, ooh I bet the rest are quaking in their boots. [​IMG]

10. woodie

woodie Guest

Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Smith

is still a very good strikefore.

The problem is Smith loves Leeds. He put his heart and soul into everything for them, and his passion made him 'successful'.

At Man U I can't see him having the same intensity, but we will find out how good he really is.

11. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

All round boredom.

12. No, I imagine there is a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZP thread elsewhere.

13. Pompey will be pushing arsenal all the way for the title. Teddy will regain his mantle as best player in the world. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. What a pity he signed for West Ham on thursday...

15. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Looks like Chelsea will have to pay €40 million to get Drogba, I know Abramovich has plenty of money but even that seems a little steep. Chelsea had initially bid €27 million so they're still quite short of Marseille's asking price.

16. Drogba's a good lad - played really well against us in the UEFA Cup, but he's not worth the £27 million being tipped.

17. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Didn't realise he was 26, thought he was only 21 or 22, doesn't make a difference, may only be at Chelsea for a couple of seasons.

18. did he?????
    ****!!!!!

well he was crap anyways

19. It could be worse, Pompey could sign Darren Anderton...

20. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Sicknote's without a club at the moment isn't he? Looks like Drogba is set for Chelsea after they agreed a fee of €36 million with Marseille.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!