• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

lot of money for Drogba that. he's a gamble, in my opinion, as good a player as he looked last season.

Sicknote was training with Boring Brum last I heard.

Heard on the radio this morning that there may be some sort of swap deal between Beattie and Shearer, probably from the same reliable sources that said Newcastle were planning a shock â'¬45 million bid for Wayne Rooney.

About as likely as me becoming chairman of the RFU... Beattie to Newcastle, maybe... Shearer to Southampton... yeah, right!

Sort of quality you come to expect from FM104. Still talk of Kluivert joining Newcastle as well, not sure about him, good goal scoring record but not the temporament to match, maybe Bobby could sort him out.
<

Dyer apparently forgot an earing at an away match and the bus turned around and went back for it.

Well Drogba has completed his â'¬36 million transfer to Chelsea, although there's some doubts about Tiago completing his move.

Gary Speed has signed for Bolton on a 2 year deal for â'¬1.1 million, Kluivert has joined Newcastle on a year loan deal with a view to a permanent deal, yippee
<
, and Tiago has completed his â'¬15 million move to Chelsea.

Dissappointed about losing Speed, such a consistent player and a great header of the ball, Bolton have got a bargain.

IF he knuckles down there are few better strikers on the planet, imo. He just... doesn't knuckle down, really.

That's the problem, if he has a decent start his ego will be kept well inflated by the fans but that's a big if.

I'd like to see him be successful to be honest - what do you think of Viana's move in the opposite direction?

Dissappointed, with Speed leaving there would have been a chance to get into the first team, defintely think he's a decent player, maybe with the arrival of Kluivert the wage bill needs some trimming.

Not the biggest Viana fan to be honest - when the going gets tough he vanishes from what I can see.

Probably a good move, we need a solid defensive midfield player, don't think Butt is as great as they made him out to be in the world cup but he's no muppet either.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Jul 27 2004, 12:33 AM
Newcastle seem all set to sign Nicky Butt - what think ye of that, Rob?
I'm not too bothered.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 28 2004, 04:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 28 2004, 04:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St_Helens_RLFC
@Jul 27 2004, 12:33 AM
Newcastle seem all set to sign Nicky Butt - what think ye of that, Rob?
I'm not too bothered. [/b]
Who threw you a peanut?

Today, Liverpool clinched a £2 million deal for right back Josemi, and Chelsea clinched a £20 million deal for centre half Carvalho. Outrageous sum of money.

I'll be in London on august 15th wen there'is chelsea man utd...could somebody help me to know how i can find tickets for the game and how much it could cost? thanx a lot man!

Latest posts