• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premier League Thread

thank u an tarbh....ill do da best i could to find the tickets...i need football and pu** wherever i am. i already have the first one....now i need tickets.lol
cheers dudes.

Interesting to see Michael Owen on the bench for Liverpool tonight, looks like he may be on his way to Real afterall.

Couple of interesting moves over the last few days, Steve Carr has gone to Newcastle, good signing, excellent player and good value at â'¬3 million, Danny Murphy has opted for Charlton instead of Tottenham, underrated player in my opinion and Steve Bruce has had sympathy on sicknote and given Darren Anderton a 1 year deal.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Aug 11 2004, 07:06 AM
Interesting to see Michael Owen on the bench for Liverpool tonight, looks like he may be on his way to Real afterall.
Not seen it yet.

A total omission would have led me to believe he was 100% off but being on the bench has made things much more interesting.

50/50 at the moment.

If there's the slightest hint of a sale Liverpool would be daft to scupper it by having him cup tied.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Aug 11 2004, 09:59 AM
If there's the slightest hint of a sale Liverpool would be daft to scupper it by having him cup tied.
Precisely.

Him being cup tied would knock £3-5 million off the deal. £10 million and Morientes or Eto'o - good-ish deal but I wouldn't know who to choose.

He does but he's 50% owned by Real and they can flog him at any time supposedly.

Just read that Newcastle tried to get the game against Boro this weekend postponed after the outbreak of conjuctivitus forced the closure of the training ground. Knew that Given had been infected but thought he was told to **** off home and wait for it to clear up.

Still it's good to see the excuses being made already, certainly fills me with confidence.
<

Newcastle have bought well this season - they should give United a good challenge for that 4th place
<

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC@Aug 11 2004, 07:31 PM
I'm torn.
Looks like Eto'o is your best bet with Morientes now cup tied for the champions league.

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Aug 12 2004, 08:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Aug 12 2004, 08:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St_Helens_RLFC
@Aug 11 2004, 07:31 PM
I'm torn.
Looks like Eto'o is your best bet with Morientes now cup tied for the champions league. [/b]
The only bet now, unless we're getting all cash only.

Now Eto'o has signed for Barcelona for around â'¬24 million, no more bait left for Liverpool, looks like Owen may stay put afterall.

Latest posts