• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Red Hot Chili Peppers

K

kaftka

Yuss... Tomorrow morning I'm road trippin' up to Auckland to see my friends the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Going to the Saturday gig. By the way, anyone else from TRF going to see them?

Anyone for that matter, like the chilis?

Tickets cost me 300 bucks each from trademem after initially failing to get them within the 20 minutes the two shows sold out.. Then was going to pay some dude 400 each for his tickets.. Then he backed out and finally got these. Quite a rollercoaster journey. Was very upset thinking I wasn't going to go and see my favourite band.. Ah well, all water under the bridge now.

Oh You Die Now...

That is what I would be saying if I wasn't going... but luckily for you I am.

Nope.
Chili's have failed to pull out any worthy new material.
All their songs sound the same now, and it seems as if the more mainstream they become the more watered down their music becomes.
It's horrific to have to listen to on the bloody radio.

But enjoy yourself tho...

SAW THEM 2 DAYS AGO IN SYDNEY

good but bad

they sound awesome - just like the albums

but their track selection was debateable

i am no die-hard fan, but i know they left a good 10 great songs out, and threw in 10 songs i never heard of

i left a bit empty, but proud to say i saw the chilli's, and proud to say they can perform live

some of the die-hard fans would no the no-name tracks i am talking about - i do suppose its the arcadia tour, and i assume the tracks i never knew were from that..........kinda like when i saw korn they played alot from the their latest **** album, and only a handful from selftitled, peachey and follow the leader.

but dont get me wrong - good show

Nope.
Chili's have failed to pull out any worthy new material.
All their songs sound the same now, and it seems as if the more mainstream they become the more watered down their music becomes.
It's horrific to have to listen to on the bloody radio.

But enjoy yourself tho...
[/b]
Fair call. I thought pretty much the same thing. But Stadium Arcadium really grew on me. Their singles are crap really. Snow, Desecration Smile and Tell me Baby are a chore to get through... However they have some brilliantly funky and interesting songs scattered throughout the new album which I often just cant get out of my head... In a good way. Readymade, Animal Bar, Hump de Bump, Charlie, Storm in a Teapot along with many others... Hope they play them.

Ak, whos touring with them. Heard from many a report they are crap... Can't wait...

PS. forst one to show me the 5 Chilis songs I hid throughout my original post gets a big hug.

I just don't get that band and the adoration they seem to gain

*slow melodious verse

*pomped-up, blusterous pseudo-rapping

*twiddly baseline

Just rearrange those three into any order and you've basically got all their songs.

Dull, dull, dull

...whos touring with them. Heard from many a report they are crap... Can't wait...
[/b]

Har Mar Superstar are touring with them. In Sydney, the crowd repeatedly booed them apparently.

Yuss... Tomorrow morning I'm road trippin' up to Auckland to see my friends the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Going to the Saturday gig. By the way, anyone else from TRF going to see them?

Anyone for that matter, like the chilis?

Tickets cost me 300 bucks each from trademem after initially failing to get them within the 20 minutes the two shows sold out.. Then was going to pay some dude 400 each for his tickets.. Then he backed out and finally got these. Quite a rollercoaster journey. Was very upset thinking I wasn't going to go and see my favourite band.. Ah well, all water under the bridge now.
[/b]
Didn't think that was a merry coincidence it was worded like that :p

[/quote]
Ak, whos touring with them. Heard from many a report they are crap... Can't wait...
[/quote]

Carlton Draught was touring with em :p

TBH i never heard of them so i wasnt in the slightest interested, and just sat at the bar sculling as many lagers as i could before i joint the mahem of the floor

My mate Carlton goes a long way when it comes to these things

Beware - the bar closes after the 5th song - well it did here anyways - farkin joke if u ask me

i go to concerts and get drunk

f***ing pleased with that trip to Auckland..

Concert was great.. Crap acoustics but at the time you don't care...

Higher Ground was brilliant.. Really didn't expect that song.. Same with Nobody Weird Like Me.. Two songs from mothers milk. Unbelievable really.

Suck my Kiss and Sir Psycho Sexy were great too.

Gutted they didnt play Hump de Bump. Apparently they did that on the Sunday concert. Readymade was f***ing great. "Clean it up JOHNNY!!"

Har Mar Superstar were godawful. Hilarious stuff. The crowd was booing them and throwing bottles at them.

I love the chilis though. Right on time was awesome with the London Calling intro.

Oh yeah! John Frusciante was the star of the show.. Great lead breaks.. His solo performance was fantastic.. Would love to know what it was called. He is a great performer.

Not the best concert, better than Shihad/The Datsuns though, but the Chilis weren't into it, I have Woodstock 99 on DVD and the energy on that concert made Chili Peppers of Auckland look like Roger Waters. - What was with Kiedis? He kept ducking off stage out of sight, apparently he left even earlier on Sunday, and on Close Up I was told he said that he isn't enjoying it anymore?. Higher Ground was kickarse, the jams were also great and Can't Stop starting = awesome... Suck My Kiss was awesome, but I swear they only played the start of it (I was hammered by about halfway and my mate punched me in the head so I'm missing about 2 songs)

I dont really care about Under the Bridge (Never liked it live), but I was disappointed about No Give it Away or Around the World. Stadium Acardium songs suck even harder live... Chad Smith is the f***ing man though, and even if it was Sloppy - Flea on the trumpet makes me happy in my pants.

If the Foos though play the Vector Arena I will personally raze it to the ground, Supertop or bust... I will even go to Wellington if I have to, I am NEVER going to Vector again, 25 minutes to get to the car, shitty sound, shitty design.

Latest posts