• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The return of the North Hemisphere

G

Gillou

Autralia 10 - 12 England
New Zealand 18 - 20 France

Finally, the South Hemisphere teams does not really dominate the world cup

About time too. For once France and England fighting the same cause. Good to see :bravo:

Can we wait until Scotland has won their place in the Semi's before ordering the beers for the Northern Hemisphere party boys? :p

<div class='quotemain'>
About time too. For once France and England fighting the same cause. Good to see :bravo:
[/b]
It will be different next week
[/b][/quote]

What a fantastic day of sport.
Truly incredible.

Great to see both NZ and Aus catching the next plane home.

Now onto the Semi next week.

Good luck for the Scots tomorrow.

I have to admit it is good to see the NH teams in the semi's no more SH dominance anymore and good luck to Scotland I think they can beat the Argies cause anythings possible at this RWC.

Can we wait until Scotland has won their place in the Semi\'s before ordering the beers for the Northern Hemisphere party boys? :p
[/b]

If it happens, I doubt it very much, it will not be easy. I expect a closed match, probably decided in the last ten minutes.

Can we wait until Scotland has won their place in the Semi\'s before ordering the beers for the Northern Hemisphere party boys? :p
[/b]

If it happens, I doubt it very much, it will not be easy. I expect a closed match, probably decided in the last ten minutes.
[/b]

Aye, I am expecting a close game, probabily only won by five points or less.

Hopefully provided by the boot of Chris Paterson!

:lol:

Aye, I am expecting a close game, probabily only won by five points or less.

Hopefully provided by the boot of Chris Paterson![/b]

Again, it could be, or it could be some piece of magic by Juan Martin Hernandez.

Its great that the NH hasnt entirely flopped in this tournament.

Although its still disappointing that Wales failed.

I couldn't care less that northern hemisphere teams beat southern hemisphere teams. What I like about yesterday's results (and this tournament in general) is that there's some much needed unpredictability in rugby. Whereas before the last World Cup you could have predicted virtually every result (with the exception of NZ's loss in the semi final), this time out we've had two major upsets in the first two quarter finals (although Australia being such overwhelming favourites was preposterous), Fiji making the last eight at the expense of Wales, Argentina topping their group, Georgia getting within inches of beating Ireland and Tonga coming up narrowly short of South Africa. Long may such unpredictability continue. It can only be good for the sport in the long term.

Unlucky Scotland [not bein sarcastic]

There's always space on the argentinian bandwagon...

Whatever happens next week.........................................................................................

<_<
:(
:)
:D
:p
:bana:
:cheers:

........................................................Agincourt :bravo:

Can we wait until Scotland has won their place in the Semi's before ordering the beers for the Northern Hemisphere party boys? :p
[/b]

Sorry mate.... we drank it all in Argentina already.

Alas the French are gone. Who are the new breed in France that will be playing in the 2011 World Cup final against NZ ???? Any new super stars in the making you know of ???

With any luck, and South Africa doing the business as they have, it'll only be one more game before the derision of SH rugby stops and memories of a 'flash in the pan' begin.

If superstition has anything to do with it, every smart-ass who rubbed it into the kiwis and aussies will be the reason. Fate never likes people who jump the gun. Look at what happened to NZ.

Eh? I expect SA to win comfortably in the final - nobody has made a mockery of the SH (SA and Arg have had nothing but praise - though the latter are more like a NH team) apart from the arguably deserved karma on the Kiwis and Aussies after they were dismissed.

A little bitter are we Iversen? :rolleyes:

Latest posts