The Review Thread of RWC 2011

do you think the review score is fair ?

• yes

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • no

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters
I don't feel I should elaborate..
The soundtrack? really? THAT is was one of your "highly anticipating" features?.. Wow!. :)

Dude, what's with comments like this? He can still be both a fan and quality games enjoyer (is that even a real word?) AND enjoy the RWC game. That doesn't make RWC2011 a quality game in the same standards as the other current sports ***les we always make reference too, FIFA, NHL, Madden etc, but it also doesn't stop someone from enjoying it.

You've made a host of good points throughout this thread, don't tarnish it all with a swathing comment that shits on folk who may like different things.

I'm assured that it is a word.

...People can see Rugby Challenge on the horizon, if that's the one you want and the only one for you, then wait a month or so and buy it.

Rugby Challenge is out next Friday...September 2nd in NZ. So not a month or so. Just to clear up that factual error.

Rugby Challenge is out next Friday...September 2nd in NZ. So not a month or so. Just to clear up that factual error.

I wasn't trying to make a statement of fact, I was merely allowing for the absolute solid fact that at the time the latest the game could be released was Sept 30th. Just so you know, I'm as happy as anyone that RC is out as soon as it is. Wish it was tomorrow. :)

So, factual error? Yeah if I'd said that was when it was coming out. As far as I knew that was longest anyone would have to wait.

Managed to pick up RWC yesterday and will be getting RC when it's out as well...finding it quite enjoyable and challenging so far on hard mode end to end view.. Easy and medium modes pretty average, but with hard mode you really have to string phases togther and break the advantage line to get anywhere... otherwise plug the corners.

Hopefully see some of you online when they open up mutliplayer.

I wasn't trying to make a statement of fact, I was merely allowing for the absolute solid fact that at the time the latest the game could be released was Sept 30th. Just so you know, I'm as happy as anyone that RC is out as soon as it is. Wish it was tomorrow. :)

So, factual error? Yeah if I'd said that was when it was coming out. As far as I knew that was longest anyone would have to wait.
And the fact of the matter is neither game will include the Benny Hill theme tune in its soundtrack. I am deeply disappointed.

And the fact of the matter is neither game will include the Benny Hill theme tune in its soundtrack. I am deeply disappointed.

Still, you can add that tune to the custom soundtrack feature for RWC2011, so it'll still be there if you need it. :D

Come on guys, is it really worth it having a barny over a stupid, and in this case, particularly stupid, computer game? It never ceases to amaze me what effort and passion people put into such a substandard game, or any computer game for that matter (me included : )

I don't know the complete history of SIDHE, I think the SIDHE guy is the best to ask, I have never accused HB or SIDHE of cashing in, THERE IS A WORLD CUP GOING ON I EXPECT A VIDEO GAME. having two is a bonus. Sounded like you are accusing SIDHE of a cash in because SIDHE have more funding and are calling this unfair based on HB's circumstances, and HB's best intentions have been spoilt as a result. A melodramatic forum user would describe this as Sabotage.

You said HB were in it to make a quick buck on the fever of the World Cup, surely thats just another way of saying cashing in? I also never mentioned Sidhe, but HES which is their publisher and thus funder of the game. I agree Sidhe has done a great job and worked hard. I too will pick up the game as soon as it comes up on Amazon or Shopto.

Don't forget this game was originally named Rugby 2012 so there is no way HES would of known that they were doing a WC only game. For all we know HES had been planning on releasing this game before HB were, but HB just announced it first. Sabotage was not what I was accusing anyone of.

At the end of the day they are all companies so they are all in it to make money and the WC years is the obvious choice for anyone. Hopefully both will build upon the games, maybe even share licences more so than just USA so everyone involved can concentrate on the Rugby side of the game

Review was pretty fair. People seem upset because it was harsh and have taken to attacking the structure and style of the author's work, but I haven't heard too much in the way of counter arguments... Maybe the game really isn't very good? I mean, he as a rugby fan I'd love it if it were, but he does make a good point about the competitions... would it have really been so hard to include tournaments like the 6N and TN?

Review was pretty fair. People seem upset because it was harsh and have taken to attacking the structure and style of the author's work, but I haven't heard too much in the way of counter arguments... Maybe the game really isn't very good? I mean, he as a rugby fan I'd love it if it were, but he does make a good point about the competitions... would it have really been so hard to include tournaments like the 6N and TN?

Ah the thing that annoyed me about it is he barely talks about gameplay, and is pretty general on what he does talk about. Surely the core of a game review would be how the game plays and how it feels. He claims it's a HDified Rugby 08, which it's not...

There's no such thing as a factual error. A fact is either a fact or it's not, therefore, it would just be an error. Just to clear that up :)

There's no such thing as a factual error. A fact is either a fact or it's not, therefore, it would just be an error. Just to clear that up :)

But if it was stated as fact originally then it would be an error of the fact thus being a factual error. Although the post was more a theory of which errors are bound to occur. Lets just call it factual fiction ;)

Managed to pick up RWC yesterday and will be getting RC when it's out as well...finding it quite enjoyable and challenging so far on hard mode end to end view.. Easy and medium modes pretty average, but with hard mode you really have to string phases togther and break the advantage line to get anywhere... otherwise plug the corners.

Hopefully see some of you online when they open up mutliplayer.

Hi mate any chance of a wee video on you tibe? dying to see what its like on end view on hard mode - perhaps a quick 10 minute match?

Ah the thing that annoyed me about it is he barely talks about gameplay, and is pretty general on what he does talk about. Surely the core of a game review would be how the game plays and how it feels. He claims it's a HDified Rugby 08, which it's not...

Forget about the way the review was written the fact is the rating He gave it is spot on.

Plus youre right about it not being a HDified 08. If it were it would be a better game.

Our last true hope for a rugby sim game has now been given a release date. If you care about the future of virtual rugby put your weight and more importantly your cash behind it.

RWC 2011 thanks for the memories.

Forget about the way the review was written the fact is the rating He gave it is spot on.

Plus youre right about it not being a HDified 08. If it were it would be a better game.

Our last true hope for a rugby sim game has now been given a release date. If you care about the future of virtual rugby put your weight and more importantly your cash behind it.

RWC 2011 thanks for the memories.

Jeez ... give it a rest. We get that you don't like the game, so why do you carry on posting?

Latest posts