• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Road To Germany

Portugal all the WAY, unlucky during EURO 2004. Now its there time. MVP of the Tournament Cristiano Ronaldo.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Dec 1 2005, 08:54 PM
Portugal all the WAY, unlucky during EURO 2004. Now its there time. MVP of the Tournament Cristiano Ronaldo.
It must be love.

Jealous, You keep attacking everytime you hear the name, STOP THE HATE CHILD!!!

That case is done I think he was cleared of all charges. How many guys have been accused of rape now ? its rediculous all these girls trying to get money or fame.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 1 2005, 05:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 1 2005, 05:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen
@Dec 1 2005, 05:09 PM
Australia then they should save their money - Australia WILL NOT win the world cup.  You should put your money on them not making it to the second round.
The only person that said they would put money on Australia clearly indicated it was for partriotic reasons only. No one would put a serious bet on Australia winning the Cup, but thanks for the outstanding tip Mr. TAB. [/b]
Ha-ha! Now Wally for someone who is backing the Reds to win the Super 14 I think that you should take all of the free advice that you can especially as it is coming from someone that actually knows about football and rugby.

When did Wally say the Reds would win the Super14??

u know jack **** about rugby or football.

Cristano Ronaldo got his house burgled the other day. Someone nicked loads of his jewellery.
<

Um, Argentina I think will win the cup. They are the team most capable of knocking out Brazil.

Originally posted by ak47@Dec 1 2005, 02:10 PM
so i really hope we draw England and/or USA...........this forum will light up, if these 3 teams draw the same pool with France
<
I agree completely.

If there is any mix of those teams in group action - it'll make for a lot of fun (and hopefully some surprise results - seeing as both of us are underdogs to Eng & Fra).

Originally posted by BigTen@Dec 1 2005, 05:09 PM
If anyone is thinking of putting money on Australia then they should save their money - Australia WILL NOT win the world cup. You should put your money on them not making it to the second round.
wow what a tip - my hard earned cheeky $10 would be wasted

i wonder what your thoughts of England before the Ashes and Greece before the EURO.......or even the Socceroos against Uraguay...........or even Wests Tigers...........or even Sydney Swans.........man i could go on about the list of 2005 sporting upsets.

Seriously though, I do not bet stupidly.

When people back their teams - even if its souths, they do it for icing on the cake if successful.

Dont think more than 30% of my wagering budget will go on the socceroos.

I reckon I''ll punt atleast $100 for the tourno..........most of it will be picking scorelines and goal scorers, not winners or losers.

What i have confirmed within my betting prowess of a brain.....I will be putting $$ on aussies to make final 16........germany to make final........but really i am being radical for these comments without the DRAW!!!
<

ak47 - yeah in the football world cup there are always upsets and the trick is to try and pick them. One of the unfancied African teams will probably surprise one of the European nations and if you can pick it then you stand to get a decent return on your money.

I must admit that I didn't think that Greece stood a chance to win the Euro 2004 competition - I was picking the Czech's to win and honestly thought that Greece had no chance in the final against Portugal in the final. The Greek goal should never had been allowed but Portugal can't complain as they didn't score a goal and therefore didn't deserve to win. Also they had lost earlier in the same comp to Greece and should have learnt their lesson.

I had a bad feeling about Australia beating Uruguay and much to my disgust they did and will be at the world cup in Germany. I do not believe that they deserve to be after their disgraceful abandonment of Oceania - I mean they proved that you can qualify from Oceania so what is their problem now?

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Dec 2 2005, 01:30 AM
When did Wally say the Reds would win the Super14??

u know jack **** about rugby or football.
Ha-ha the truth,

You make me laugh! But fair enough Wally didn't actually say that the Reds would win the Super 14 but he is definitely talking their chances up.

And by the way, boy, I know a lot more about rugby and football then you will ever know so I suggest that you either keep your mouth shut or prove that your knowledge is superior to mine.

Originally posted by BigTen@Dec 2 2005, 03:33 PM
I do not believe that they deserve to be after their disgraceful abandonment of Oceania - I mean they proved that you can qualify from Oceania so what is their problem now?
man that is sour grapes pouring out yours ears

we will prove on 2006 that Oceania should have always had their own spot in the qualifying

just watch and we will justify our abandoning ways

u can qualify from oceania
but u can also get a hole in 1 on many par 4's
the chances of them happening are LONG LONG SHOTS (no pun intended on the golf)

bad luck champ - canary yellow in the round ball game...ur gonna love it!!!!!

problem for your sour grapes that thru asia we will prove what a crock oceania is, and will prove what a false ranking system FIFA has when we smash all in asia which is a given.
We dominate the asian countries head to head
Japan has qualifed numerous times, and so has korea........in the last 5-10 years the socceroos have owned Japan and Korea (barr the odd upset) - yet its our 1st appearance in 30 odd years.......cant see a problem with oceania still????.....i give up

Sour grapes? Yeah maybe.

But...

Australia choosing to leave Oceania will result in one thing only and that is that no Oceanian team will ever qualify for the world cup again. As the largest country in Oceania, Australia had a moral obligation to try and improve the level of football in the region. They should have tried to do this rather than cut and run into another confederation.

What should have happened is that Oceania would have become a sub-group of Asia with the top two nations from Oceania qualifying into the second phase of Asian world cup qualifying. This would have resulted in many nations from Oceania believing that they had a realistic chance of at least progressing to the next stage and being exposed to a higher level of football.

It would also continue to give Australia, who is by far the best team in Oceania, a better opportunity of having a fairer run to the world cup and would also expose them to the better level of competition that they deserve.

This compromise is fairer to the confederation and it should have been what Australia pushed for. They have acted selfishly and have not given any thought to what their departure from Oceania would mean for football in this region.

Australia deserve to be at this world cup but the qualification process that they have had to do is very unfair and should have been changed. However Australia does not have a god-given right to be there - I mean look at some of the nations that are not going to be there in Germany next year:

Greece - 2004 European Champions
Turkey - 2002 World Cup Third Place
Nigeria - Quality side
Uruguay - Twice World Cup Champions (eliminated by Australia deservedly but only went out on penalties)

There are loads of other nations that are quality sides that don't make it.

Sour grapes? Uh-uh - selfish Australians more like it.

Originally posted by BigTen@Dec 2 2005, 05:27 PM
Sour grapes? Yeah maybe.

But...

Australia choosing to leave Oceania will result in one thing only and that is that no Oceanian team will ever qualify for the world cup again. As the largest country in Oceania, Australia had a moral obligation to try and improve the level of football in the region. They should have tried to do this rather than cut and run into another confederation.

What should have happened is that Oceania would have become a sub-group of Asia with the top two nations from Oceania qualifying into the second phase of Asian world cup qualifying. This would have resulted in many nations from Oceania believing that they had a realistic chance of at least progressing to the next stage and being exposed to a higher level of football.

It would also continue to give Australia, who is by far the best team in Oceania, a better opportunity of having a fairer run to the world cup and would also expose them to the better level of competition that they deserve.

This compromise is fairer to the confederation and it should have been what Australia pushed for. They have acted selfishly and have not given any thought to what their departure from Oceania would mean for football in this region.

Australia deserve to be at this world cup but the qualification process that they have had to do is very unfair and should have been changed. However Australia does not have a god-given right to be there - I mean look at some of the nations that are not going to be there in Germany next year:

Greece - 2004 European Champions
Turkey - 2002 World Cup Third Place
Nigeria - Quality side
Uruguay - Twice World Cup Champions (eliminated by Australia deservedly but only went out on penalties)

There are loads of other nations that are quality sides that don't make it.

Sour grapes? Uh-uh - selfish Australians more like it.
come and join us

its not australias or NZ fault FIFA wont give oceania a fair go

Protest against FIFA's ways, and make your own

its a dog eat dog world - FIFA wont budge on Oceania..thus dog eat dog

Nothing stopping the ANZAC regime in the Asia Tourno

We may be obliged coz we are the biggest...but its a 2 way street and FIFA should oblige that Oceania is a region of the globe - that deserves a fairer go.

coz they wont............well suffer the consequences or join us in protest of FIFA's ways.

Dunno why you dont just come over and give ur own backyard a fairer crack

i am assuming ur kiwi BTW

anyways all have a good weekend

i am out

Originally posted by ak47@Dec 2 2005, 04:56 PM
but u can also get a hole in 1 on many par 4's
Pfft...No I can't.

--------

I used to play soccer, but the international accolades just wasn't prestigious enough, what with the All Whites only been to one World Cup.
So, being the glory hunter that I am, I switched to rugby and, 5 years later, made my All Black test debut against Ireland.

The rest is history.

Oceania needs to go and f*** FIFA up, and take what's rightfully theirs. An Oceania qualifying spot.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Dec 1 2005, 10:17 PM
<
<
<
<

Jealous. Brilliant comedy!

xxxgalLuisGarcia_laurencegr.jpg
>
109319947738.jpg

BigTen your pointless rant makes absolutely no sence.

the 2010 qualification system works out great for both Australia and the rest of Oceana.

The top five nations in Oceana Fiji, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tahiti and Vanuatu - will be joined by the winner of a preliminary tournament between American Samoa, Cook Islands, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa and Tonga.

The six will then participate in home and away qualifiers with the winner taking on a fifth-placed side from either South America or Asia for a berth in the 2010 finals.

Australia will finaly get a chance to play plenty of competitive games against well matched opposition giving us a chance to get our top team together on a regular basis and dramatically improve ourselves as an International team.

Whats the point of Australia playing any of the Oceana teams?? so that we can beat our own world records of biggest winning margin or most goals in a game or most goals by a player in a game?????and thats just with our B or C team, what does anyone gain out of that?

New Zealand should have a decent chance of winning that tourny provided they dont get beaten by the Solomon Islands again
<
<
<
<
<
<

BigTen=Bunnings Tool of the week....CONGRATULATIONS!! your voucher is in the mail.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Dec 2 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 2 2005, 08:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ALLBLACKS
@Dec 1 2005, 10:17 PM
<
<
<
<

Jealous. Brilliant comedy!

xxxgalLuisGarcia_laurencegr.jpg
>
109319947738.jpg
[/b]
QUIET YOU
89159938.gif

ronaldo_jmc180.jpg