• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby Forum is Closing (Now I have your attention, Why not Donate ;) )

G

getofmeland

Unless we get people signing upto donate or take part in the Bonus Ball System or buy through one of affiliate links.

I am not joking now, some people feel I don't need to donate as someone else will, well wrong if you can afford to donate please do as we are currently spending £10 a month on costs, thats £120 a year, but then on top of that there is domain name renewal charges, so dan and myself are looking at spending a possible £200+ per year.

Also we would like to start to promote the site, using banners at games, maybe magazine advertising, but of course the Rugby Forum is NON PROFIT which means it needs to come from somewhere, which out of Mine and Dan's Hard earned cash. Which we do to keep the place running but it has got to a point where we have been the owners now for nearly a year, that the forum should be able to help look after itself. A lot of people put a lot of time and effort into this board, but there are so many who take it for granted and don't realise the difficulty and the organisation things take.

Even if it just £1, it all helps however little you can help keep this forum alive, I am currently thinking of ways to make money for the board, but there are a lot of routes I don't want to go down, but will do if forced... so if you have ideas then please let me or dan know

Regards

Charlie

1.How do i donate money?
2.We coud maybe do some fundraising for the forum by holding a rugby tourny or something like that!

Tell you what, everyone buy me a lottery ticket this week and post it to me. If there's a million pound ticket in there I'll pay for the funding! :p

Failing that, we need some sort of corperate sponsor.

An idea that's been stuck in my head for a while is how beneficial it would be to have some sort of player endorsement.

Imagine the interest that would be generated if we could somehow get a reasonably big name player (or coach, pundit etc) to allow his name to be officially associated with the board.

The practicalities are obvious, but there must be someone with reasonable contacts in the rugby world.

Would not mind a tourney, us leaguies playing the dark side in maybe 7 a side??

Jeff

Idea branching off the same topic - what about entering a 7s side or two in some invitational tournaments under the forum name? You always hear about plenty going on all over the place, and there are plenty of us that play. Could be good advertising.

Idea branching off the same topic - what about entering a 7s side or two in some invitational tournaments under the forum name? You always hear about plenty going on all over the place, and there are plenty of us that play. Could be good advertising. [/b]

Surely we're looking to raise funds, not spend money entering tournaments.

<div class='quotemain'> Idea branching off the same topic - what about entering a 7s side or two in some invitational tournaments under the forum name? You always hear about plenty going on all over the place, and there are plenty of us that play. Could be good advertising. [/b]

Surely we're looking to raise funds, not spend money entering tournaments.
[/b][/quote]

Think of the advertising once the name starts regularly going around though.

I admit, sponcorship is probably top of the list in order to enable us to do these sorts of things.

Advertising is one thing when it comes to getting members, but it won't bring in any revinue.

Advertising is one thing when it comes to getting members, but it won't bring in any revinue.
[/b]

The greater the numbers, the greater the likelyhood of donations and ability to run schemes such as the bonus ball thing.

It's all one big vicious circle.

I suppose. I think we need some banners up at some matches though, preferably telivised ones.

Well I would like to buy at least 3 Banners to go around the world, which we could load out, but they would cost £60 each...

i want to enter a sevens tournament

find one

could be the next trf meet up

well win if i play :D

get it going!!

ill put us on the f***ing map!! (Y)

what if you get someone else to join in, split the ownership of the board 3 of 4 ways, that way it would be less for you guys to pay. just an option i thought i would throw out there as another alternative. And since this is a self contained thing then when it starts making a profit and it goes back into the board, maybe the board would be able to pay back whoever put money into it.

who knows. eh

Latest posts