The rugby patch season 2016-2017: Error's

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
So i'm am making this tread so it can specifically target any errors coming across the latest rugby patch (2016-2017) I have covered a few things and manage to find solutions to the errors but there are many things which people come across which i have not seen as of yet, so if you could mention them here i will go though your problem and i will do my hardest to come up with a fix. Here are some things i have fixed so far.

Completed Fix's

World League Errors: I have been asked multiple times about errors in the world league and i have manged to come up with 2 possible solutions which i will list below and one off which is because in the fixtures it come's up with 2 unregistered teams in the be29 folder so the game cannot recognise them so therefore crashes the game. Another solution i've found to another is rosters my friend suppose still crashes for him when he attempts a transfer but i have my roster (fully updated and set default).

To install replace the old files with these ones:
https://www.mediafire.com/?47mctn4gt07tl7h
https://www.mediafire.com/?6okv4okbblfw7gs

Lions Tour error: Now i've not made a fix for this but i can easily make one, Basically it's just the same as the world league error a team in the lions fixtures not registered in the be29... file so basically i will need to change the fixtures to have every team unlocked. I have made an archive with the NZ Maori Kits unlocking the team which has the team ID for the Maori All Blacks and i have completed a roster for the team and a set default one too and something i've found during this fix is in the AUS Tour one off the teams your up against is the Sunwolves for some odd reason so i've put in an updated fixtures so it has the Sunwolves replaced with the Rebels.

https://www.mediafire.com/?mcxnxo75owwv6vd

Ten Nations: There was a file in your rugby 08 dictionary which the ten nations doesn't like so to fix the 10 nations you would have to remove these files listed below. NOTE* the menu's as i was right there are no files for them so just be ready to prepare as it can be a bit buggy but gameplay still works.

The main file that you need to delete:
fc97f8249c0206d5a7ac824387d38e96.big
If you for reason have this file:
91e991257478c2d4c5c47a5cbca07e51.rsg

European Cup: That is just a problem with the fixture list i will have a look at it and make necessary changes. I have made a fixture for it and as i said in my latest post in this thread the standing maybe wrong but i have tested it and they are fully updated with a 4 extra teams because the old European cup has 6 pools while the new one has 5 and when i try to reduce the number, the game will crash so i don't want that to happen. I have now updated the teams pools so its more accurate, turns out to be a lot simpler than i thought so i have updated the link below to the new fix with the updated fixtures, teams and tables.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2qnifeq815qov97

Fixing In progress

World League Transfer market: As far as im aware off @geostar is currently investigating the problems caused by this, I believe its a roster error and i'll post a link when i hear from geostar.

So that's most the errors problems i have not come across please ONLY POST THEM IN THIS THREAD so other threads which isn't targeted by the patch is not overloaded by patch problems only fair for the thread if it kept for its purpose and not the other thanks.

Last edited:
World League is working 100%,it is ten nations that crashes when I open it.

Right well i can see what i can do. what teams would be in the 10 nations may i ask ?

So i'm am making this tread so it can specifically target any errors coming across the latest rugby patch (2016-2017) I have covered a few things and manage to find solutions to the errors but there are many things which people come across which i have not seen as of yet, so if you could mention them here i will go though your problem and i will do my hardest to come up with a fix. Here are some things i have fixed so far.

World League Errors: I have been asked multiple times about errors in the world league and i have manged to come up with 2 possible solutions which i will list below and one off which is because in the fixtures it come's up with 2 unregistered teams in the be29 folder so the game cannot recognise them so therefore crashes the game. Another solution i've found to another is rosters my friend suppose still crashes for him when he attempts a transfer but i have my roster (fully updated and set default).

To install just replace the new files with the old one.

Lions Tour error: Now i've not made a fix for this but i can easily make one, Basically it's just the same as the world league error a team in the lions fixtures not registered in the be29... file so basically i will need to change the fixtures to have every team unlocked and the download will be linked soon.

So that's most the errors problems i have not come across please ONLY POST THEM IN THIS THREAD so other threads which isn't targeted by the patch is not overloaded by patch problems only fair for the thread if it kept for its purpose and not the other thanks.
Thanks Man - My world league works fine im in the 2nd season with Sunwolves - one thing i noticed though that Racing 92 team is the complete Bulls team? and the Bulls are the Bulls though...not major issue just thought worth mentioning?

Thanks Man - My world league works fine im in the 2nd season with Sunwolves - one thing i noticed though that Racing 92 team is the complete Bulls team? and the Bulls are the Bulls though...not major issue just thought worth mentioning?
Thank you for pointing that out, i will have to try playing with racing 92 and i'll see what would cause that. But can i recommend that you check what roster your using and if its the default just in case it maybe the old version your using ??

So for the 10 nations, I'm basically making it like the Pacific cup with 10 teams which isn't in the tournament already so Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, USA, Canada, Japan, NZ Maori, Uruguay, Argentina & one more team i will need to see which one would fit in best.

Last edited:
UPDATE: The lions tour for the Bristol in the NZ Tour error has now been fixed and the link is in the main post.

Completed Fix's

To install just replace the new files with the old one.

Lions Tour error: Now i've not made a fix for this but i can easily make one, Basically it's just the same as the world league error a team in the lions fixtures not registered in the be29... file so basically i will need to change the fixtures to have every team unlocked. I have made an archive with the NZ Maori Kits unlocking the team which has the team ID for the Maori All Blacks and i have completed a roster for the team and a set default one too and something i've found during this fix is in the AUS Tour one off the teams your up against is the Sunwolves for some odd reason so i've put in an updated fixtures so it has the Sunwolves replaced with the Rebels.

To Install just replace the new files with the old one in your rugby 08 folder
https://www.mediafire.com/?mcxnxo75owwv6vd

Fixing In progress

Ten Nations: Basically need to add a fixture list for the tournament and i'll post a link when done.

World League Racing 92: I am still confused in why the Racing 92 team has the bulls players in them, I think its more than checking your roster and seeing if anything changes there or you may have an older version of the patch roster which is setting the Racing team with bulls players, I will see if i have this error.

racing 92 used index jr all blacks

What do you mean ??
That when we did the patch together with @ ama1 lists we had problems with the racing 92 files used in the TRF10, then we used all the jr all blacks files to solve the problem, maybe that is the problem of the world league

That when we did the patch together with @ ama1 lists we had problems with the racing 92 files used in the TRF10, then we used all the jr all blacks files to solve the problem, maybe that is the problem of the world league
But in my fix i have changed the team_ID so it matched the jr All blacks. As far as i'm aware @geostar is giving the world league a bash and made it his priority to fix the main stuff out. While i have checked the Racing 92 roster and for me it is the Racing 92 players in the team, @johandutoit04 I think you should check your roster and make sure it matches the one i've made which is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?6okv4okbblfw7gs

Sorry friend could you explain how i can open this rpf file

Sorry friend could you explain how i can open this rpf file
Sorry which file are you talking about ??

And for some news about the 10 nations fix, I have made teams for them and update fixtures but yet still crashes, One thing that i can think off is that maybe there is no valid background so the game will not recognise a new menu so i'll find files relating to them and i'll put them into a archive if problem is fixed

Hey, loving the work, was wondering if you could help point out where I may have gone wrong on installation?

I have added the two World League files above, and I can play through the tournament fine now. However once I open the transfer window the game crashes.
The game also crashes if I try and do a manual team selection in an international Tournament.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Cheers.

Last edited:
European Cup still crashes. Can you also take a look at it?

But in my fix i have changed the team_ID so it matched the jr All blacks. As far as i'm aware @geostar is giving the world league a bash and made it his priority to fix the main stuff out. While i have checked the Racing 92 roster and for me it is the Racing 92 players in the team, @johandutoit04 I think you should check your roster and make sure it matches the one i've made which is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?6okv4okbblfw7gs
okay - my roster was the problem - thanks - somehow had them mixed up. so far so good.

I got a question @ImScotty Why don't you guys make a TRF Rugby 2017 v2 patch with all new updates and errors fix?

Thanks for pointing out the errors guys, I will have a look at them.

@Zay you've installed it fine @geostar also has the same issue and he will try resolve the issue which is caused in the transfer market. I do apologize @Ezzy i have said i would have a look at it and yet i've not i will make this a priority of mine and we could make a trf 2016-2017 v2 for fixed problem's but i have done it this way so we don't have to keep making versions of the patch when someone finds something else wrong with the patch. This topic was made for people to get in touch with me about errors and i will individually look at each one.

UPDATE FOR TEN NATIONS: I had a look at other mods which has the 10 nations unlocked and most other one's i've found is changed they name to either 'DO NOT USE' or 'UNUSED' I however won't stop trying to make this work as i do believe there is a way i will obviously try to find a working 10 nations fixture list with backgrounds and i'll see if i can crack it.

@Zay for selecting teams manually i have created a default roster but you may need to save it in game to do that just open any roster you don't use and then click reset to default then MAKE SURE WHEN IT POPS US SAVE CHANGES YOU CLICK YES and i believe this will solve that as for me i don't have this error

Last edited:
Isnt there a 10 nations in TRF10 patch? I Think its just the standing table thats a bit messed up

Isnt there a 10 nations in TRF10 patch? I Think its just the standing table thats a bit messed up
I've tried going onto the 10 nations in the TRF 2010 patch but crashes when i click on it, While with MJC's SA Edition i manage to actually get to the menu with difficulty and match length which is the furthest I've gotten too. I will search about and see what i can crack, How's progress with the World League ??