• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The run in

Fair play. He barely touched him yet he went down like someone had shot him point blank with a 12 bore shotgun.

That one who goes down to get him sent off and the one who goes down after he gets carded (possibly the same person?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Barton elbowed Tevez just outside the box and got red carded, then Barton put the knee into Aguerro after he got the card... man soccer players are pussies!!

Barton is a nutjob!!!!!! Complete and utter nutjob!!!! rather funny that he's on twitter saying after his red he tried to get a city player carded by kneeing aguero??? Don't see the sense in that really!!!! He shall receive a hefty fine me thinks :p

Barton having a trademark tirade on twitter post-match. Seriously though, what a disgrace. He's lucky QPR stayed up, else he'd surely be put out to pasture. (or Antarctica as one Mark Bosnich suggested)

Incredible way to finish the season though. Two things about football, or the EPL anyway, that really do make it such an entertaining product. 1) Promotion and relegation and 2) the fact that they played all the games at the same time. Tension tension tension.

Now to give Rugby full attention for a few months :D

I think the fact he's tried to defend it and slag off anyone who dares to criticise him is worse than the actual on-field moment, did you see what he said about Alan Shearer who only said what everyone was thinking.

The most disturbing thing is the look on his face when he boots Aguero, that's a look of venom and malice, you can't look like that on any sporting arena outside of an octagon. I expect a large ban and would be very shocked if he plays for QPR again.

It was well worth getting up at 2am this morning for this :p. Had one eye on the Spurs game which all went smoothly and kept looking over my shoulder at the City game.

And you can complain all you like about Tevez and Aguero overreacting and soccer players being soft. But the fact is that even if it wasn't that hard, elbowing and kneeing other players is just pure stupidity, just like it was with Terry against Barca. Why even put yourself in that position? Not to mention he head butted Kompany who barely even flinched.

First ***le in a billion years and City aren't even mentioned due to the actions of one "hard" idiot in a different team. Gutting...

Am I the only one who likes Barton? He just does whatever he wants and doesn't care, I like the cavalier attitude. If you are going to get carded and then suspended though you may as well actually give the poofs something to cry about, that knee into the thigh was pathetic, slight dead leg at best, and then the headbutt hardly even brushed the guy. May as well do the job properly if you're going to do it at all.

Yeah, he also goes into bars and stubs cigars out in the eye of junior team mates. A real cavalier.

Just like Charles Bronson is a "bit of a rouge"...

Am I the only one who likes Barton? He just does whatever he wants and doesn't care, I like the cavalier attitude. If you are going to get carded and then suspended though you may as well actually give the poofs something to cry about, that knee into the thigh was pathetic, slight dead leg at best, and then the headbutt hardly even brushed the guy. May as well do the job properly if you're going to do it at all.

That's stupid.

His "cavalier attitude" is hardly something you can justify in any normal walk of life. If I go into work tomorrow and attack an intern with a lit ciggy I wouldn't last the half hour.

He's elbowed someone in the throat, kicked someone (which, unless you have seen different camera angles to me) you can only see his facial expression during the incident which is, as I've said, is full of malice and as for the headbutt, he missed but the intent is bad enough.

I like Barton, he turns a painfully boring sport into something with slight interest to it.
Whether he's doing stupidly spectacular dives or tapping a player on the back of the knee after getting carded - it's the most interested i've been in fallover ball in...probably my whole life.

What so the end of those games weren't exciting? A team that went from losing the league to winning it in 2 minutes and not only that taking it away from their nearest rivals at the same time.

Thanks to the RFU this type of thing cannot happen in rugby.

"Yes!! We won the league on the last day in the last minute." Then you go lose to the team finishing 4th in these goddamn retarded playoffs.

What so the end of those games weren't exciting? A team that went from losing the league to winning it in 2 minutes and not only that taking it away from their nearest rivals at the same time.

Thanks to the RFU this type of thing cannot happen in rugby.

"Yes!! We won the league on the last day in the last minute." Then you go lose to the team finishing 4th in these goddamn retarded playoffs.

TBF, Quins scoring in the 78th minute did create that sort of moment. Not that I prefer the play-offs, but to play devils advocate.