• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The run in

Big weekend that, with both Manchester teams needing to dig deep late on to get results. City will obviously be desperately disappointed with the final score and indeed the performance. With a trip to Highbury next week you feel that not picking up points here could be the telling blow in the ***le race.

The recent good form of Wigan and QPR would appear to have consigned Wolves to the drop. I have no sympathy for them after sacking Mick, but you do have to feel for Terry Connor. A man in an impossible position.

Spurs will be happy to have turned around their recent poor form against Swansea and with Arsenal losing at Loftus road the race for 3rd is back on, which is nice. Newcastle and Chelsea are probably too far now too push for champions league spots. Liverpool's nosedive continues.

I'd like to talk about a real bug bear of mine at the moment. I'm sick to death people saying that this isn't a vintage Man Utd side or that they're poor in terms of past sides. This is a myth. Wayne Rooney is arguably the best out and out striker in the world. Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez are both very able forwards as well. Heck Dimitar Berbatov was the top goal scorer in the premier league and can't get into the team! Ashley Young & Antonio Valencia are both fantastic wingers and Nani is no slouch either. Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic have been three quarters of the best defence in club football for the last 5 years and while they are possibly getting on a bit they're still a top unit. Chris Smalling and Phil Jones seem full of potential at the back while David DeGea seems to be growing into a top keeper.

There's no denying that the centre of midfield is lacking, no one would argue otherwise. But you do have to consider that through the course of the season Anderson, Darren Fletcher and Tom Cleverley have all suffered long term injuries. That's a lot of strength to lose in one position. No doubt October, Novemeber and December would have been kinder months if those three had been fit and rearing to go.

I'd like to talk about a real bug bear of mine at the moment. I'm sick to death people saying that this isn't a vintage Man Utd side or that they're poor in terms of past sides. This is a myth. Wayne Rooney is arguably the best out and out striker in the world. Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez are both very able forwards as well. Heck Dimitar Berbatov was the top goal scorer in the premier league and can't get into the team! Ashley Young & Antonio Valencia are both fantastic wingers and Nani is no slouch either. Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic have been three quarters of the best defence in club football for the last 5 years and while they are possibly getting on a bit they're still a top unit. Chris Smalling and Phil Jones seem full of potential at the back while David DeGea seems to be growing into a top keeper.

There's no denying that the centre of midfield is lacking, no one would argue otherwise. But you do have to consider that through the course of the season Anderson, Darren Fletcher and Tom Cleverley have all suffered long term injuries. That's a lot of strength to lose in one position. No doubt October, Novemeber and December would have been kinder months if those three had been fit and rearing to go.

You and me both I heard it today on the radio at work this is not a vintage United side but they have pulled 5 points clear fo the richest team in the world, just because we have lost a few games and gone out of Europe we will win the league for the 20th time and the 5th time in 6 years, not bad for a struggling United team hey....

We have had no fewer than 10 players out all season and still managed to win with a 38 and a 36 year old playing in midfield...

I love it! City must be spewing. They've got the likes of Milner, Silva and Yaya in their midfield, let alone Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli up front and they've blown the league to a team who have Giggs, Scholes and Carrick as the central midfield options. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

At the other end the table it could get intresting if Aston Villa lose this weekend against Liverpool and the other sides all pick up points. Surely McLeish can't relegate both teams from Birmingham in back to back years.

As a Scotland national team fan (Dundee United are my club team yes from Glasgow and Support neither old firm) i never liked McLeish tactics when he was in charge. He also the only Rangers manager in X amount years to fail finish in the top two. = not a very good manager in my view.

Last edited:
That'd involve Liverpool winning. Preposterous. :p

Newcastle got a win today against Swansea. While it's unlikely that either they or Chelsea can make up the ground on Arsenal & Tottenham, 5th place still carries a Uefa Cup spot, a competition that Newcastle could have a realistic chance of winning next season. Certainly something to aim for.

That'll be that, I should imagine.

It goes to show that you probably can buy the premiership but if you want continued success you have to build a team up. It's funny how Scholes' return was seen as a sign of desperation but it certainly didn't look that way last night.

I hope Man City don't sack Man City though. I don't think he has handled Balotelli well at all but it seems ridiculous that city fans want him gone.

In the bag now basically. Mourinho lined up and Balotelli going it'll be interesting to see what City do in the summer. 20 ***les has a nice ring to it.

To cmac you picked the wrong side in so many ways.

Wigan Wow.. First ManU an now Arsenal. Not bad for a team that a few years ago played in League 1. And for a while got all the players that Barnsley did´nt want. Amongst them Andy Liddell

Wigan Wow.. First ManU an now Arsenal. Not bad for a team that a few years ago played in League 1. And for a while got all the players that Barnsley did´nt want. Amongst them Andy Liddell

Wigan have been an established premier league team for a good few years now to be fair to them. Credit to them they deserve to of won both those games to, but neve mind United will still win the league as we are 4 points clear of City just cant see them overtaking us.

Wigan will always be one of 3 teams who will be candidate to relegate

It will be exiting end in the top, now that ManU drew against Everton and ManC won. 3 pts seperate No 1 and 2.

Don't know if anyone is watching today, but there are some absolutely immense games going on. Newcastle, lolz.

I am quite sure that Manchester City will not lose against QPR. So congratulation to City.

We lost it I expect City to take it now :( never mind we always got next year come on United.

Latest posts