• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The RWC CHAMPIONS gloating thread

james5000

Bench Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Honestly I haven't seen much gloating/trolling by NZ fans on this forum, they have been generally gracious winners, Well done boys (and girls)!.

If we had lost the final, this forum would still be broken with trolls having a crack. There are still a few trying to have a crack and we won lol.

Still first team to go back2back, first three time champs. I don't think rugby world supremacy has fully been restored though, might need a couple more cups to lose the chokers tag. 3/8 is only 37.5% of cups.

Some will still argue (SA fans and in a way rightly so) the 1st two cups don't count because SA weren't involved. So we are actually just level pegging them, but we have still knocked them out in the last 2 KO games that we have played them so all good.

NZ needing a thread to gloat about how they are not gloating about winning the RWC.

Typical arrogance.

Haha, that's awesome and so true. So **** it lets gloat!! Best team in the world by a MILE!! So satistfying particulalry after all the rubbish that was written about them! 4 more years b!tches!!!

Its New Zealand's right to always be the greatest team on the planet year after year after year. To us 2nd place is a failure.

No-one understands the game like us, for us, for our children for their children and their children there after this is their legacy. WE ARE THE ALL BLACKS - and we will destroy all pretenders before us.

We may lose the odd game but our legacy is to be the best rugby nation on the planet every year. 122 years of supremacy and only the end of the world will ever stop the ABs machine.

WE ARE TRULY RUGBY

Gloat away. Isn't that the point of winning? Bragging rights?
Especially when the winning team did so deservedly. Congratulations NZ!

The ABs deserve to gloat! What a great team. The rest of us have a lot to learn.

Honestly I haven't seen much gloating/trolling by NZ fans on this forum, they have been generally gracious winners, Well done boys (and girls)!.
A new zealander calling new zealanders gracious winners...
Some have, quite a few most definitely have not. Hasty generalizations, like i've pointed out to you in the past, tend to lead to fallacies.

Man you guys are being way too nice, its not making gloating much fun!!

Just kidding, it is always good to hear words of congratulations from our greatest rivals!!

I'm going to take this opportunity to just say that winning a WC does involve some luck, it doesn't really determine the best team. Of course you have to be very good and very organized. To me the IRB rankings are actually a far better indicator to who is best apart from the fact that they put more wight on WC matches which I disagree with. It just contributes more to the devaluing of test rugby outside World Cups.

There is no way you can grantee world cup success, all you can do is give yourself a chance and maybe the bounce of the oval ball the injuries and the right calls go your way.

It does kinda feel like this win has restored the balance in terms of prior to this WC we have generally been the best team in the world but we hadn't transferred that dominance into World Cup Success.

Now we have established this record at world cups it probably doesn't leave much ammunition for All Black haters...

I think this WC has shown in general that the sport has grown. The gaps have closed, where in the past we really had 4-5 clear best teams in the world we now have 8-10 and then another group not far behind.

And while the gap is always close, there is still a clear #1 :)

The post Dan Carter & McCaw era is going to be interesting. The two greatest players in the history of the game in the two most influential positions in the sport have had a huge influence over the last 11 years or so, through which the All Blacks have been the most dominant team in history, even compared to other sports...

But I'm actually looking forward to the post McCaw & Carter era, winning a rugby championship and then a lions series without these guys is going to be a huge challenge :)

Last edited:
Some have, quite a few most definitely have not. Hasty generalizations, like i've pointed out to you in the past, tend to lead to fallacies.

You should just be happy we included you in our southern comp, if we didn't you wouldnt have improved as much as you have. Stop looking a gift horse in its mouth.

You should just be happy we included you in our southern comp, if we didn't you wouldnt have improved as much as you have. Stop looking a gift horse in its mouth.

And rugby would have been poorer for it. The rise of Argentina has been fantastic for the game. I hope Italy, Japan etc can go from strength to strength now as Argentina have.

9/10 New Zealanders on this forum have been very gracious, there will always be the odd that isn't. Think you are the one being a bit hasty myself.

Haha, that's awesome and so true. So **** it lets gloat!! Best team in the world by a MILE!! So satistfying particulalry after all the rubbish that was written about them! 4 more years b!tches!!!

Best team in the world by more than just 1 mile. They are the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.
Nobody will ever defeat the AB's ever again. They are magnificent. Truly the greatest athletes this world will ever have the privilege of seeing.

The rubbish that was written about them was completely without substance. Their detractors called on all objective and subjective research and opinion to trash this brilliant team but this awesome and amazing AB side has proven beyond all doubt that they are the most splendid and spectacular team to ever set foot on a rugby field.

4 more years? No way! The ABs will reign supreme for ever. The glorious and admirable AB's will rule the rugby world for dozens of generations to come. They will crush all who come before them.

They will hone their skills where no team will ever score against them ever again. Their majestic and awe-inspiring abilities will become the stuff of legends. They will talk about this team and the AB's for decades to come.

OK - that's enough. It is after all only a game.

9/10 New Zealanders on this forum have been very gracious, there will always be the odd that isn't.
I disagree. Am i entitled to an opinion or are you going to come with another of your conspiracy theories?

Look at the Aus vs ABs thread. Whoever dared to question anything got labelled a sore loser, biased, a sour grape. If that is your idea of graciousness then you and i have very different definitions of what "gracious" means.

I am not going to put all the nzers on the same boat and make the same fallacy you made tho: There are a few who were very gracious (AB2011 comes to mind, Larksea's post here is gracious too) but don't jump on the bandwagon, you're clearly not one of those.

I can give you a few nationalities that were, on average, 10x more gracious on defeat than you (not nzers, you) were on victory.

And rugby would have been poorer for it. The rise of Argentina has been fantastic for the game. I hope Italy, Japan etc can go from strength to strength now as Argentina have.

I agree with you 100%, I love watching Argentina play, it was more putting the moaner in his place, instead of looking at fault with others he should look to emulate success not break it down.

WC doesn't always work out to be the best team in the world but simply best in the tournament. In this case it was and its a huge achievement as many teams can defeat each other in one off games.Was good to see Scotland re-emerge from the shadows of there more successful neighbours.Georgia were good to watch too.Cheika's Wallabies have been huge improvers but I really don't see them getting much better.Lots of positives but unfortunately rugby has been and always will be a referee's game. They continue to disappoint.

Best team in the world by more than just 1 mile. They are the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.
Nobody will ever defeat the AB's ever again. They are magnificent. Truly the greatest athletes this world will ever have the privilege of seeing.

The rubbish that was written about them was completely without substance. Their detractors called on all objective and subjective research and opinion to trash this brilliant team but this awesome and amazing AB side has proven beyond all doubt that they are the most splendid and spectacular team to ever set foot on a rugby field.

4 more years? No way! The ABs will reign supreme for ever. The glorious and admirable AB's will rule the rugby world for dozens of generations to come. They will crush all who come before them.

They will hone their skills where no team will ever score against them ever again. Their majestic and awe-inspiring abilities will become the stuff of legends. They will talk about this team and the AB's for decades to come.

OK - that's enough. It is after all only a game.

The brilliance of this post is that if it was written 4 years ago after the '11 RWC final you would have been hard pressed to find a post more accurate!!

Love it - well done sir!!

Latest posts