The saddest thing in the world, ever.

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
You guys may or may not know this, bit I'm an avid Sherlock Holmes reader. It's awesome. Anyway, I finally got around to watching the fourth series of the Mitchell and Webb Look and the final sketch of the scene nearly moved me to tears, literally (I'm a big girl's blouse, I know)

Seriously, watch until the end.

Awww.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both funny and depressing at the same time...my brain doesn't know how to react :mellow:

On a lighter note, they also did Holmes/Watson here, much more light heartedly :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They were joking about the end of Blackadder Goes Forth the week before, so I wonder if that was an homage?

man that was good. When Watson's about to cry, real good acting. Oh, and I like Sherlock Holmes too.

Yeah, that's good. I guess one of them has seen that in his own family.

On paper Father Brown is a better sleuth than Sherlock, but nowhere near as good on screen.

I dont think Mitchell and Webb are that funny. I think Peep Show is a poor excuse of comedy. Not sure the point of the scene at all but I did have a giggle at the "wheres my slipper line".

Was Father Brown Chesterton's character?
Yeah - the unassuming priest who solves mysteries with his insight into human depravity. The TV series is complete ****, but Chesterton was way above that - although some people are turned off by his christianity.

I remember reading Conan Doyle's stories and thinking, Uuuh that's a bit rubbish. Chesterton much better.

ps. good blog post on this point:
http://wonderandthewoodenpost.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/how-to-write-a-detective-story/

Last edited: