Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
He played a couple of minutes against the Lions after being benched the full 80 in Bloem and this weekend the Bulls noticed what he can do. His offloading, dropgoal, his change of pace, the Bulls were constantly struggling.

I have to say I am impressed by Michalak once again. After his spell in 2008, I hope he will stay a little longer this time. Having him at 10, Lambie at 15 and a good scrum half (Hoffmann for instance) we really can make some progress

I fear Lambie will be yet another player shifted around the Sharks backline until he leaves. (Steyn, Pienaar, Russell, Barritt)
Lambie should still start at 10, and use Michalak as either a scrumhalf or impact sub.

it could help Lambie get in the Springboks side if he plays at full back, which isn't South Africa's strongest position

It's sad knowing Lambie needs to play out of position to wear the Green shirt while he has far more qualities in his gameplay. He is more than just a plain kicker and could serve the centers and wingers much better. Oh well, Lambie at full back is better than Lambie not in the starting XV at all. The thing that bugged me last December is that he had to play full back against the Barbarians because of Elton Jantjies being the fly half

Dude, Lambie has played 15 for most of his career, its hardly as though he plays out of position.

Imo, a quality Fly-half can also play 12 and 15.
Likewise a quality fullback, aka Kurtley Beale, should be able to fill in at 10, and at a stretch 12 to act as a second flyhalf

And then in my humble opinion, Lambie is a quality player, and has all the abilities to cope with being shunted around the back-line. He looks comfortable in any position he plays, and seems to have no qualms with it, when playing at least.

In Plum we trust B)

Hey, just reading on Supersport, it says that Michalak was accidently locked in the locker-room for the firat 10 minutes of the Cheetahs game, can anyone confirm this?

I have to admit that Lambie is class at full back but in the Bok squad, we need him at 10. We need a more versatile player as fly half with Francois Steyn at full back.

About Michalak being locked up, maybe by Charl McLeod who was afraid for being benched haha.

Bah! F. Steyn has never really tickled my fancy, but he is a good player.
I was happy when he lefted the Sharks, and wouldn't celebrate a return. Going off at a tangent here.

If we delved into realms of ifs and buts, and I was the Springbok coach, I would have a bite of Sias at 10 and Lambie at 15 for ther the Tri-Nations, well at least the first two games, review his performances and if inadequate, try Lambie at 10 and F. Steyn at fullback, see how things pan out, and if they are still not happy, revert back to the bore-us-to-death Steyn as first choice 10 for the world cup.

If you Guys have not seen The Sharks team, yet.

Here it is-

1.Beast
2.Bissie
3.Jannie
4.Mostert
5.Hargreaves
6.Keegan
7.Deysel
8.Alberts
9.Mcloed
10.Freddy
11.Mvovo
12.Bosman
13.Stef (C)
14.JPP
15.Lambie

16.Smit
17.Van Staden
18.Skeate
19.Kankowski
20.Botes
21.Jacobs
22.Ludik.

I am very happy with The Changes made. Alberts will help The Sharks Dominate the gainline and also disrupt The Crusaders Momentum. Deysel and Alberts have to be immense for The Sharks to pull off this victory; tough to win against Crusaders away from home and off a long flight on Wednesday. Sharks don't need to change too much tactically for The Crusaders; they have to do similar things that they did against Bulls. Gotta tighten up the D; a bit though, can't always expect the loosies and wingers to always to cover all the time for the missed tackles. Sharks D. did scramble well last week; but can't afford to scramble all the time against The Saders.

My Key aspects for Sats game...the Gainline and the set pieces.

Last edited:
I already posted the line up in the match thread. Have a look. I didn't go through all the effort for nothing you know ;)

@ LordHope: Sias Ebersohn deserves a chance. Especially with Morne being such a boring player. I would be happy with Sias (10) and Lambie (15), it's just that I don't want Lambie to be on the field with a less talented fly half in front of him

I have to admit that Lambie is class at full back but in the Bok squad, we need him at 10. We need a more versatile player as fly half with Francois Steyn at full back.

About Michalak being locked up, maybe by Charl McLeod who was afraid for being benched haha.

Bah! F. Steyn has never really tickled my fancy, but he is a good player.
I was happy when he lefted the Sharks, and wouldn't celebrate a return. Going off at a tangent here.

If we delved into realms of ifs and buts, and I was the Springbok coach, I would have a bite of Sias at 10 and Lambie at 15 for ther the Tri-Nations, well at least the first two games, review his performances and if inadequate, try Lambie at 10 and F. Steyn at fullback, see how things pan out, and if they are still not happy, revert back to the bore-us-to-death Steyn as first choice 10 for the world cup.

Nah, the only thing Frans Steyn brings to the 15 jersey is a big boot. Mind that helps a ton with field position and those odd 3 points worth gold. He is just too lazy around the park for my liking though; can't remember him ever joining the line, counter attacking or creating anything from the back in general play.

What I would like to see is Lambie at 10 with Riaan Viljoen at 15. Seriously, I think Viljoen is one of the most underrated backs in this country. He has the kicking game of F Steyn but is a BIG attacking force from deep in general play. His defense isn't the best but neither is Steyn's (at 15 his positioning isn't good) to be honest.
Steyn is a good shout for the 22 jersey though. Aplon is a winger with a developed skill set IMO and not a FB.

I rate Viljoen much higher than Kirchner, Ludik, Jantjes and Francois Steyn. I would even prefer Jaco Taute over these 4. We have some talent in Taute and Lambie and Viljoen deserves a chance short-term.

Can't believe what i am hearing about Viljoen and Taute; but everyone has their opinion; just don't hear/read too many comments containing that content. Personally i think Taute has absolutely no Vision or Rugby Brain what so ever, simply a one dimensional rugby player (Run straight at the biggest forwards he can find). Viljoen is good; but probably 90% of South Africa would choose Steyn/Lambie/Aplon/Kirchner over him for the 15 Spot.

I am not saying Taute should be in the Bok squad, he is very talented. He is only 20 years old, playing at the Youth World Cup in Italy this month and for the future he is one to watch. Viljoenis 28 now and has loads more to offer than up-and-under Kirchner.

Taute is an unpolished diamond in my alterted-from-last-year opinion, Superugby has put a few, more difficult challenges in front of him that he hasn't responded well to. A little more on from what JJR said, he has been one dimensional this year, which was probably why he was dropped in favour of other players, even though he had some good runs. He last year he was able to run at better angles, and had some good touch finders and up-and-unders. Needs to show a little more consistency as his game matures.

As for players deserving a chance, well every year you will have more players than there are positions that deserve a chance, and when you are under pressure from the players, your bosses and the public for wins, I wonder how much it will affect your ability to tinker and such.

Meh, I'm a former 3rd team prop who knows the basics but struggles to implement them, from now I'll leave the discussion to club and international players ;)

Haha, your opinion is wanted here LH. It's just that Taute is still just 20 years old! People forget that sometimes.

Latest posts