Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
I wish the Sharks would give some of these young okes a run. Especially Jordaan and Sithole...but Plumtree seems very reluctant to give youngsters a go in his teams. Sad really...

I would love to see Ross Cronje to replace Charl McLeod. Ever since their debut in the 2009 Currie Cup, the Cronje twins (Ross, the scrumhalf, Guy the flyhalf) have not had a real opportunity to show their skills in the Sharks first team.

Besides these 2, we have Kobus de Kock, Wynand Pienaar, Mark Richards and Paul Jordaan who deserve a chance. I just think Plumtree prefers to give them a go in the Currie Cup when we play the Pumas or Leopards.

I hear you...I'm a Province man, but with my wife being a Sharks supporter I like keep in touch with what is going on in Durbz. I feel a guy like Terblanche had his time and should move back into some kind of guiding/coaching job at the Sharks, to open up a spot to a youngster.

We have Marius Joubert to take over from Terblanche although I think Terblanche might still finish the Currie Cup this year. I still believe he should have retired after captaining an team winning the Currie Cup last year

I do too. I would rather start a youngster in the place of Terblanche and put Terblanche on the bench if you really have to have him in the team. Joubert was a good player, but don't know about him currently. I look at teams doing well, and they all have good 'steppers' men with great feet in their backline. Think James O'conner, Beale, Cooper (lot's of Ozzies, lol)...and then think of guys like that in SA...and Paul Jordaan comes to mind...not a straight running 'old hand' like Joubert.

I wish the Sharks would give some of these young okes a run. Especially Jordaan and Sithole...but Plumtree seems very reluctant to give youngsters a go in his teams. Sad really...

Would be counter productive to start them off in Superugby. Jordaan probably still needs to play some Age group Rugby wheather it be u/19 or u/21; Centres always need to settle into senior Rugby due to the Huge amount of Contact they take. Eg.Look at Johann Sadie for Stormers only coming through now at age 22 dispite having the potential from when he was 20. Things can't be rushed. Sithole still needs to prove himself at Senior 15's Rugby; but i do expect him to get a Cap or 2 during the Currie Cup. Paul Jordaan...we will see how he performs at age group Rugby first, and remember Marius Joubert's Shark contract starts from July.

Last edited:
I agree...I guess I'm just really excited to see the young breed of SA rugby players getting some game time. :) Maybe a game here or there with a few 20min appearences vs teams like the Leopards and Pumas is the way to go.

agree with you there; that is always the best way to get a debut...will always win the game and won't be playing against some of the best players...so they won't be under too much pressure.

I reckon the following: in the morning the Tahs beat the Brumbies ( Aussies always ruin your plans). Both Bulls and sharks will be pomped as this is "the" crucial game.
Morne steyn will kick like he lawys kicks (he always ruins it for other teams) The coach starts making some more bad decissions and the last kicks will be missed. Game. set. match. Altho I don't really care who secures the 5th and 6th spot I really hope the sharks can prove me wrong. They haven't shown their best rugby lately but this is the moment to stand up.

Who here is actually convinced by any combination of players that form the Sharks front row?

Every match this season I have cringed whenever they are awarded a scrum, rarely have a comfortable scrum and win the ball clearly, no matter the players involved

As the Tahs will win the game, I'm quiet curious on big the pressure is for both Sharks and Bulls.

Bulls will win, no doubt about that. We have Terblanche and Bosman off form, no suitable scrum half, our second row is inexperienced. The only strength is our backrow and wingers but how do you get the ball to your wingers if the best playmaker is playing fullback (Lambie)?

Who here is actually convinced by any combination of players that form the Sharks front row?

Every match this season I have cringed whenever they are awarded a scrum, rarely have a comfortable scrum and win the ball clearly, no matter the players involved

Yeah, our 'best' was given a new one by the Crusaders, and have not looked truly convincing for an all-Springbok front row.
Mind you, we have had some weak players at Second Row which does little to help the scrum. (Skeate, mainly...)

Having Skeate, Hargreaves and Sykes in our second row is what weakens our scrum, not the frontrow. Bismarck, Jannie and Mtawarira are good scrummagers and need strong people behind them.

If they would play with Matfield and Bekker behind them, they would have much more firepower in the scrums

Mtawarira and du Plessis are decent scrummagers, nothing great.
We need to get Bekker and van der Merwe in a Sharks kit by next season.

Well Done Sharks! Always play our best games when we are strong underdogs. Now to do the same in New Zealand next week. Sad end to yesterday with the Baby Boks choking, again. So many quality players, but very poor team performance. Should have won though. Skosan butchered three certain tries. Were was Mbovane! Selections? Sharks must just go out next week knowing that just 3 Wins on the trot and they will be Superugby Champs!!

Simply put, the selection of Pat at 15 and Fred at 10 Was a masterclass! Lambie coming into the line gave our wingers alot more space. Bulls had no idea how to defend against him, that uncertainty gave Pat a gap to attack and set up Mvovo for the try! Well done Plum!

Having Skeate, Hargreaves and Sykes in our second row is what weakens our scrum, not the frontrow. Bismarck, Jannie and Mtawarira are good scrummagers and need strong people behind them.

If they would play with Matfield and Bekker behind them, they would have much more firepower in the scrums

I think you're being a wee bit harsh on t'he locks there, has Draggs said, t'he front-rankers have impressed much in t'he scrums with t'he Boks either, and Skeate has hardly played so, its especially harsh on him.

Regardless, t'he locks don't affect t'he ability of our props to bind with a straight arm, Beast has been pretty guilty this season of not getting a proper bind, but t'he refs haven't pinged him as much has other props luckily.

Curse this phone, have te no té clue why its changing all my text!?!

Matfield and Bekker scrumming locks...HA HA. Number 4 locks are the key, Locks like Mostert, Bakkies, Elstadt and Rossouw are very good scrumming Locks. I am happy with The Sharks locks except for Skeate. We losing Sykes; i have already said the Sharks need to target realistic signings and i think Francois Uys from the Cheetahs would be a very good signing to replace Sykes in the Squad. Skeate...simply said; he is okay at the lineouts, the rest of his game is very average. BTW; Mossie was awesome yesterday; very happy for him. Go Sharks; hard 3 weeks of Rugby still to go!!!

News-

Plumtree interested in bringing Nonu to Durban.
Plum used to coach Nonu back in New Zealand and says Nonu would fit in nicely into the team structures at The Sharks. Just interest at the moment from Plum; no official negotiations have started, Yet. Obviously i would like to have Nonu at The Sharks; our Midfield has been a problem for most of the season; except obviously the great commited performance we saw from Bosman and Stef against The Bulls. Imagine a 12.Nonu and 13.Jacobs combo...that could be a Sick attacking combo; would be Crazy!

Last edited:
What about Michalak after two weeks in SA ? Has he been playing ?

Latest posts