Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Sharks V Bulls coming up this weekend. Gonna Be Huge!!! Hope Jacobs gets a Start. M. Joubert played very well for Clermont in their QF Top 14. Unfortunately for Sharks they won, which means Joubert's debut for Sharks will be delayed by at least another week.

SA Sevens also playing again this weekend in London Sevens, be on the lookout for young Shark Sbura Sithole. Another young Shark, Paul Jordaan did not make the squad as he has been selected for the SA U/20 World Cup squad.

According to Plum, Alberts is struggling with some knocks and ****les, hopefully the Bye has given him time to fully recover. Jacques Botes will be back to take the place of Daniel who has been suspended. Kankowski does not look like he will be available for selection just yet. Cheek Fracture still needs more time. This means Coetzee will have another chance to impress off the Bench. Incredible that he has not been selected for SA U/20 squad; he was the front runner for the number 8 position and then suddenly left out; strange dicision.

That name is one "h" away from halarious...

Hmmmmm...

The Bulls display on the weekend means that they know they are still in with a sniff, with games against theSharks (x2) and the Stormers, whilst the Reds still have to play the Crusaders, and the Crusaders still to play the Blues. Which means that this game will finally determine whether or not they stand a chance of qualifying for the knock-out stages

They were dominant in the first 40, but in the second half substitutions affected their rythym

To be honest, I don't think we'll win, but then again I am horrible at predicting results :D

Gonna be a tough game; really depends on who wants it most on the day. Can't call it off the top of my head; so i will go for The Sharks only because of home advantage. J.Du Plessis is going to be key...Greyling almost always gives away a penalty when he is under pressure at scrum time. If Sharks win this game i am confident we will finish top of the SA Conference and edge out the Stormers.

Probable 22 for the game.

1.Beast
2.Bissie
3.Jannie
4.Sykes
5.Hargreaves
6.Botes
7.Deysel
8.Alberts
9.Mcloed
10.Lambie
11.JPP
12.Really hoping Jacobs; but i think Plum will go for Bosman once again.
13. Stef (C)...really dislike stef; also think he makes crap dicisions as captain.
14.O.Ndungane
15.Ludik

16.Burden
17.Van Staden
18.I am hoping they go with Mostert, his size and presence in the lineout will be important against Bulls.
19.M.Coetzee
20.Hoffmann
21.Adi Jacobs
22.Mvovo/JLP...Depending if it is dry or wet.

Hope Clermont lose Semi; the earlier we can get him (Joubert) settled in the better; was really chuffed with how
well he played in the Quarter Final, has not lost any speed, despite being 31 now.

I have already made it well known on Sharksworld.co.za, that The Sharks have to either get R.Ebersohn or Johann Sadie to strengthen our centre Depth. Sharks must also go after Brussouw this year as his contract expires; Sharks need an out and out fetcher. Really dislike Ross Skeate's style of play, does not have good physicality and i hardly ever see him clearing someone out at Ruck time. Sharks should have a look at Francois Uys from Cheetahs, i think he will do well at The Sharks.Helps Fill the gap that Sykes will leave.

Last edited:
Kankowski confirmed, is out of this weekends game. Smit and Botes have to pass fitness tests later in the week. Rest of the squad is fit for selection.

Sharks team named for Bulls Clash; exactly what i thought it would be, a conservative approach considering Jacobs is still on the bench.

1. Tendai Mtawarira
2. Bismarck du Plessis
3. Jannie du Plessis
4. Steven Sykes
5. Alistair Hargreaves
6. Jacques Botes
7. Jean Deysel
8. Willem Alberts
9. Charl McLeod
10. Patrick Lambie
11. JP Pietersen
12. Meyer Bosman
13. Stefan Terblanche (Captain)
14. Odwa Ndungane
15. Louis Ludik
Replacements
16. Craig Burden
17. Eugene van Staden
18. Gerhard Mostert
19. Marcell Coetzee
20. Conrad Hoffmann
21. Adrian Jacobs
22. Lwazi Mvovo

Sharks team named for Bulls Clash; exactly what i thought it would be, a conservative approach considering Jacobs is still on the bench

Boast much? :rolleyes:

By any chance can you tell us mere mortals the final result, Mr. Houdini?* ;)

* I know that Houdini was not a psychic, but apart from Nostradamus and that one in the early 20th century whose name I can't remember, I know of none

I am a outside Centre...off course i am going to boast. Ha Ha. Not hard line up to call; Plum always goes for consistentcy when he plays the big teams; i called Mostert's return, i am proud of that...this game is going to feel like a final, gonna be insane in the Tank this weekend!!! If Sharks lose i don't consider them contenders for the ***le; but if they win they will be well on their way to securing top spot in the Conference.

Keen to see Juan De Jongh and Johann Sadie combo in action for Stormers a few minutes from now; if they get front foot ball they can be deadly on attack.

I called it again, LOL...De Jongh and Sadie...Beautiful!!! Not good for Sharks if Stormers win; but great for SA rugby's future...more young centres coming through.

Odwa Ndungane and Jannie Du Plessis will be out for a month with injuries. Odwa broke his hand in the first half, but kept playing and will have a OP. to sort in out in the next couple of days. Jannie has a small medial tear. Jacobs will have to undergo a late Fitness Test this week on his ankle.
Good News though, John Smit is back to full fitness and Keegan Daniel is back from his suspension.
Young players that could possibly benefit from these injury woes are Wiehahn Herbst (Tighthead) and Mark Richards (Wing).

Van Staden is not bad, we'll probably see Smit to TH though.
At least I can go about about Lwazi for a few weeks now.

With Ndungane out, Mvovo will have a chance to show his skills and I think Vulindlu will be on the bench at 22.

It is also been confirmed that Sykes is Doubtful for the Weekend. I don't mind at all if he is ruled out. It will mean that Mostert will start and Bresler will come onto the bench. Both play with huge Physicality and intensity and that is what this team needs at the Moment. Mostert and Bresler...awesome locks, hope they get to Start together in the Future. R.Swanepoel is on Standby if Adi does not pass a late fitness test 2morrow.

So now comes my Predicted 22-

1.Beast
2.Bissie
3.Van Staden
4.Mostert/Sykes
5.Hargreaves
6.Daniel
7.Deysel
8.Alberts
9.Mcloed?...maybe they give Hoffmann a go...who knows.
10.Lambie
11.Mvovo
12.Jacobs/Bosman
13.Terblanche
14.JPP
15.Ludik

16.Burden
17.Smit
18.Mostert/Bresler
19.Botes
20.Hoffmann
21.Bosman/JLP
22.JLP/Riaan Swanepoel.

Last edited:
url

I liek the pol. But it need a optoin for selectign all of them. We have the best lose forwards in super rugby. They can beat anything on anyday. My favorites is Kankouski.

Hey people, my name is Ciaran and I'm currently working at a hotel in the Bahamas. I don't get much time to watch S15 anymore since I left Umhlanga for the rad waves of the Carribean.

My favourite team has always been Natal/Sharks.

My favourite players are Cabous VD Westhuizen and Wahl Baartman.

Anway, just adding my support here to the greatest team in the world.

GO SHARKS.

Can anyone tell me what has happened to Kanko? Is it jewish holidays or something? I haven't seen him playing for a while. :/

Hey people, my name is Ciaran and I'm currently working at a hotel in the Bahamas. I don't get much time to watch S15 anymore since I left Umhlanga for the rad waves of the Carribean.

My favourite team has always been Natal/Sharks.

My favourite players are Cabous VD Westhuizen and Wahl Baartman.

Anway, just adding my support here to the greatest team in the world.

GO SHARKS.

Can anyone tell me what has happened to Kanko? Is it jewish holidays or something? I haven't seen him playing for a while. :/

Kanko fractured his cheek...

Don't worry Sharks fans...i have spoken to some of the players and they say they feel they have sorted out the issues; we should be back this weekend...every weekend is pretty much a must win now...C'mon Sharks!!!

I liek the pol. But it need a optoin for selectign all of them. We have the best lose forwards in super rugby. They can beat anything on anyday. My favorites is Kankouski.

Sorry; i don't even know how to change the poll...can't even remember how i got it there. Never really been good at Computer stuff...Flippin doff, LOL.

Latest posts