Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Yes, preseason games count for little and I can't wait for the real action to start. You'd be making a mistake though to write off the Stormers and Bulls. Remember that the Stormers also played without their entire 1st choice backrow, van Zyl, Duvenhage and Grant along with JdV and Jacque Fourie (with no real captain with Bekker being the most senior and only captain by default). That's 8 of the starting XV that either didn't play or only played 10minutes (Vermeulen, Duvenhage). The SA conference is going to be helluva tough with 3 teams able to compete for the ***le and the Lions and Cheetahs won't just roll over and die either.

Definately not writing them off...Stormers have a very good starting 15 and Bulls have very strong pack and halfbacks to keep them going strong. To be honest in my opinion i do think Sharks and Bulls will finish top 2 just due to the tight 5 strength we and Bulls have. You guys have some awesome individuals, but with a few injuries i think you guys might struggle with depth in some areas, but you guys can definately score lots of bonus points and if you keep your players injury free and fresh you guys could beat both Sharks and Bulls. But as of now my money is on Sharks and Bulls finishing 1 and 2.

You guys did have some guys out for that game (tri-series), but we have also had a lot of guys out...u even know we only had 2 fit props for the game against u guys and 2 new locks to the starting 15. I really hope 4 your sake that Stormers can keep injury free during the comp.

Funny... u support the Stormers from Durbanville and i support The Sharks from Cape Town...

Between JLP, Lambie and Bosman, who is the better kicker?
Evey kick is crucial and Lambie's is still 50/50.

Funny... u support the Stormers from Durbanville and i support The Sharks from Cape Town...

You do realise that Durbanville is close to Cape Town and has nothing to do with the city of Durban right? ;)

JLP is the best kicker. No question about that. Lambie is the better all-round player though.

You do realise that Durbanville is close to Cape Town and has nothing to do with the city of Durban right? ;)

Ja i know that, but still funny...

I used to live in KZN...luv KZN!

Last edited:

Lambie can do better...when he played for the u21's his percentage was 88%...since he has joined the senior team his kicking at poles has declined, but his running game has improved...i think it is mainly a mental thing that he needs to sort out. JLP average is around 75%, he has his on and off days. Bosman is solid with the long kicks, but not seen him kick enough to say how consistent he is, but i think he won't be too bad...similar to ruan pienaar's stats i would guess.

That is quite funny. I LOL.

Between JLP, Lambie and Bosman, who

is the better kicker?

JLP is a great goalkicker but I would still field Lambie. He has had games when his kicking was perfect and should just build on that. He is the better all round player but JLP can be awesome on his day as well. Bosman is a better option for 12 as the Sharks need his quality in that position. JLP a great player to have on the bench.

Definately not writing them off...Stormers have a very good starting 15 and Bulls have very strong pack and halfbacks to keep them going strong. To be honest in my opinion i do think Sharks and Bulls will finish top 2 just due to the tight 5 strength we and Bulls have. You guys have some awesome individuals, but with a few injuries i think you guys might struggle with depth in some areas, but you guys can definately score lots of bonus points and if you keep your players injury free and fresh you guys could beat both Sharks and Bulls. But as of now my money is on Sharks and Bulls finishing 1 and 2.

You guys did have some guys out for that game (tri-series), but we have also had a lot of guys out...u even know we only had 2 fit props for the game against u guys and 2 new locks to the starting 15. I really hope 4 your sake that Stormers can keep injury free during the comp.

Yes, Depth up front is our weakness because although we have some good players as 1st choice (good enough for Superrugby at least as we should be able to dominate more than half of the other tight fives in the comp) we don't have great depth in the forwards. Here's holding thumbs. As for who finishes top of the SA league, if we hold out ITO injuries I can see any combination of Sharks/Stormers/Bulls. The teams are close enough that injuries will probably decide it; I see the Bulls as the top team with all the starters in pay but injury or rotation will hit them the hardest IMO. All three should win all their home games. The Bulls have the tougher tour of the three by far with the Hurricanes, reds and Crusaders away and they almost lost to the Force last time out. I think the Stormers have the most favourable draw by a whisker. Only time will tell I guess. Maybe all three make the play-offs but that would take some doing.

My picks for the play-offs: Waratahs, Reds, Crusaders, Blues and the top two SA sides. I'm going with Stormers and Bulls, LOL. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Sharks made it ahead of either Bulls, Stormers or Blues though.

BTW, where are the Bulls supporters? I think i will stat a Bull thread as there is much to discuss and the bulls are defending champs and a major contender..

Two parts to this post, I haven't seen anything saying J. Englebrecht has signed, do you know if he officially has?

Second part, it's a little pedantic but you go though entire posts putting in correct grammar and such, yet use 'u' as opposed to 'you'
Any particular reason why (I'm not moaning, just curious as to why)

Two parts to this post, I haven't seen anything saying J. Englebrecht has signed, do you know if he officially has?

Second part, it's a little pedantic but you go though entire posts putting in correct grammar and such, yet use 'u' as opposed to 'you'
Any particular reason why (I'm not moaning, just curious as to why)

Sharks are currently negotiating a deal with Jacques, he is really keen to join so there is a very strong possibility he will join permanantly...he is also in Durban at the Moment.

I write "u" because it is faster than you...mostly use correct grammar so people can understand, but u is pretty easy to get...LOL.

That is quite funny. I LOL.

JLP is a great goalkicker but I would still field Lambie. He has had games when his kicking was perfect and should just build on that. He is the better all round player but JLP can be awesome on his day as well. Bosman is a better option for 12 as the Sharks need his quality in that position. JLP a great player to have on the bench.

Yes, Depth up front is our weakness because although we have some good players as 1st choice (good enough for Superrugby at least as we should be able to dominate more than half of the other tight fives in the comp) we don't have great depth in the forwards. Here's holding thumbs. As for who finishes top of the SA league, if we hold out ITO injuries I can see any combination of Sharks/Stormers/Bulls. The teams are close enough that injuries will probably decide it; I see the Bulls as the top team with all the starters in pay but injury or rotation will hit them the hardest IMO. All three should win all their home games. The Bulls have the tougher tour of the three by far with the Hurricanes, reds and Crusaders away and they almost lost to the Force last time out. I think the Stormers have the most favourable draw by a whisker. Only time will tell I guess. Maybe all three make the play-offs but that would take some doing.

My picks for the play-offs: Waratahs, Reds, Crusaders, Blues and the top two SA sides. I'm going with Stormers and Bulls, LOL. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Sharks made it ahead of either Bulls, Stormers or Blues though.

Everyone has their opinion and i said at round one of the Currie Cup 2010 that the final would be Sharks v WP in Durbs and it happened...not saying that i know what is going to happen, but i would bet my Honda motorbike on The Sharks at least finishing top 2 in our conference. I will say it now...a Sharks v Bulls final just like in 2007.

Are we talking about JJ Engelbrecht here?
I think JJ is a young Lions centre...we talking about 111kg blindside flank/8th man Jacques...from the SA Sevens and played Eagles last year.

I think JJ is a young Lions centre...we talking about 111kg blindside flank/8th man Jacques...from the SA Sevens and played Eagles last year.

I remember JJ Engelbrecht being a winger for Western Province who scored 3 or 4 tries against the Griquas at Newlands last year ;)

I remember JJ Engelbrecht being a winger for Western Province who scored 3 or 4 tries against the Griquas at Newlands last year ;)

Well we not talking about him...

Here is some info on Jacques Engelbrecht 7/8th man.

je2.jpg111kg and 1.93m

Attachments

• JE.jpg
    JE.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 5
Sharks v Saders final in Durban...
Sharks v Bulls would suit me fine as well.

I besides back and front row setup, we need to decide on 10 and 12. JLP at 10, Lambie at 12? Lambie and 10, Bosman at 12? Lambie at 15 over Ludik? Its like Francois Steyn without the boot.

Lambie is the victim of his own qualities. Just like Francois Steyn and Ruan Pienaar earlier with the Sharks, this guy can play in 3 positions. That is what will hold him back from being a World Class player. He should focus on 1 position and I would prefer it to be fly-half with JLP as a backup. We have Bosman and Terblanche for the center position with Swanepoel and Jacobs as backup.

Yeah that seems to happen with utility players. James Hook and AAC have had that problem, although AAC looks set at 13.
At least we have plenty of options in the backs.

Latest posts