• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Thin Blue Line

What a joke!

Missed the "Not enough". Good. Deserved it and now charged.

Edit:
What was the point wearing such a shirt at a match that had absolutely nothing to do with Liverpool. A Manchester derby final. Just senseless really to gain what exactly?

Last edited:

Missed the "Not enough". Good. Deserved it and now charged.

Edit:
What was the point wearing such a shirt at a match that had absolutely nothing to do with Liverpool. A Manchester derby final. Just senseless really to gain what exactly?

Laughing in the dock. What an absolute prick of the highest order!

Poor attitude. What's the point of PCSOs?

Last edited:

Poor attitude. What's the point of PCSOs?

Back in the day they were called 'Make Works' they couldn't do anything and just made work for everyone else. Most forces are getting rid as it's more expensive in the long run to employ a full time cop but they do more. The next best is to recruit more specials.

They were brought in by the Blair government as the public moan about not seeing bobbies on the beat etc. It was seen as a cheap way of doing that leaving the cops to do more important stuff. Senior Officers hated cops walking about dispite the boost in public confidence, lowering of fear of crime. They want high crime detection rates arrest rates etc...... Hence why you have PCSO's.

I'll caveat that with i knew some good ones but they all went on to be full time Police.

Last edited:
Back in the day they were called 'Make Works' they couldn't do anything and just made work for everyone else. Most forces are getting rid as it's more expensive in the long run to employ a full time cop but they do more. The next best is to recruit more specials.

They were brought in by the Blair government as the public moan about not seeing bobbies on the beat etc. It was seen as a cheap way of doing that leaving the cops to do more important stuff. Senior Officers hated cops walking about dispite the boost in public confidence, lowering of fear of crime. They want high crime detection rates arrest rates etc...... Hence why you have PCSO's.

I'll caveat that with i knew some good ones but they all went on to be full time Police.
Yeh community policing in my area has dropped off a cliff or is inconsistent at best - it depends who you get. Actual Officers often by themselves don't want to get involved in confrontations or avoid them.

I thought PCSOs were just relabelled Specials?

As far as I can gather, PCSO's primary duty is to make use of a uniform that would otherwise go empty.

Specials are volunteers that have the same powers as regular police.

PCSO's have some.... They can ASK a police officer to arrest someone.

Pretty much as above.

Specials have full police powers. PCSO's no more than Joe Public. I think some forces did allow PCSO's to detain people for 30mins till an Officer arrived. But only if they caught people in the act of commiting an offence.

I can't recall the study but it was estimated that 70% of police work requires no police powers at all.

The biggest difference being the police can arrest for thinking someone's done sonething, or going to do something. Not just catching them in the act of doing something. Your citizens arrest scenario.

How is gross misconduct not an immediate sacking offence like every other ******* job?
Good question. Can't say I know the ins and
outs of police disciplinary process but I suppose that is why they are trying to put this in to stop the likes of Couzins and Carrick.

Trust in the police at an all time low and it doesn't help having rogue police officers.

How is gross misconduct not a immediate sacking offence like every other ******* job?
In most cases dismissal without notice should be applied. Unfortunately for what ever reason and it seems to be mainly the Met they didn't. Most places where I've work suspend the employee, brief me investigation, then dismissal.

8 points and a fine even though he was on his way to an accident. Causing one instead.

Latest posts