The Tip-Tackle

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
A regular subject for debate on the board, this was a segment on the highlights program this week and provides a useful description whenever the "grey area" rears it's head.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jtu5FVrSYUQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jtu5FVrSYUQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Wtf? Craig Doyle does rugby and doesn't mention UPC?

Tip tackle is definitely something that will continue to cause debate for a good while.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NzlpWyV0BaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Something that's caused a bit of debate in South Dublin recently. At 3:55 do people agree it was a red?

Yes I do, it was after the ball had gone so there was no need to continue with the tackle.

Stonewall red

Yes I do, it was after the ball had gone so there was no need to continue with the tackle.

Stonewall red

Yeah agree a lot of people seem to feel otherwise though I'd say being influenced by it being schoolboy rugby.

No its a yellow and this tip tackle thing is getting very silly IMO. You are in far more danger if you are a lineout jumper and get pulled down but no one is demanding we send people off for it and rightly too. It seems this has all come about to protect the image of rugby after the famous incident in 2005. What are deemed as dangerous tackles now were good tackles years ago and still are good tackles in rugby league. Rugby is a hard, dangerous sport its why many of us choose to play it but we are starting to sanitize it too much because the unions get twitchy everytime some sanctimonious football hack bleets on about what a thuggish sport it is. If the players union was complaining about tip tackles then fine but they have not as far as I am aware so lets stop making a big deal of it. We have already lost proper rucking from our game lets not shoot ourselves in the foot with tackling as well.

No its a yellow and this tip tackle thing is getting very silly IMO. You are in far more danger if you are a lineout jumper and get pulled down but no one is demanding we send people off for it and rightly too. It seems this has all come about to protect the image of rugby after the famous incident in 2005. What are deemed as dangerous tackles now were good tackles years ago and still are good tackles in rugby league. Rugby is a hard, dangerous sport its why many of us choose to play it but we are starting to sanitize it too much because the unions get twitchy everytime some sanctimonious football hack bleets on about what a thuggish sport it is. If the players union was complaining about tip tackles then fine but they have not as far as I am aware so lets stop making a big deal of it. We have already lost proper rucking from our game lets not shoot ourselves in the foot with tackling as well.

Err, yes they do. All the time.

Latest posts