• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The TRF Mornington Crescent game.

P

Prestwick

I thought that we had better start a game of this, we are so behind the times you know as everyone on the internet plays it.

For this game, we'll be using the elite Lord Shackleton rules. Remember, no back tracking, double spinning or turning left at cross roads. Also, buy backs are not permitted with this rule set so be on your guard. And remember, if you're offered a double deal, it is frowned upon under the rules.

I'll start with Mile End. Who's turn is it next?

What? Don't you know how to play Mornington Crescent?! Everyone knows how to play Mornington Crescent!

Me & RC know it! Observe:

(11:54:55 PM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: So, you'll find it easy to get used to whatever rule set I choose.
(11:55:23 PM) *Matt: play on, fellow saxon!
(11:55:53 PM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: We'll be using the Kabul special rule set.
(11:56:17 PM) *Matt: uh oh...i've played this game. The welsh guy dies first
(11:57:01 PM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: Not quite! I'll start...
(11:57:07 PM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: Paddington
(11:57:38 PM) *Matt: victoria cross
(11:57:53 PM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: I'm going to skip three lines and go to Liverpool Street.
(11:58:29 PM) *Matt: cue saxaphone solo, i'm gonna hop on the blue line and head for Baker Street
(11:59:02 PM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: I'll undercut that, back track five and "climb the ladder" to Tottenham Court Road
(08/18/2007 12:00:58 AM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: That must have hit you for six!
(12:00:58 AM) *Matt: I'm stopping to ask a busker which way to oxford circus...ahh pink line: Oxford Circus ahoy!
(12:01:05 AM) *Matt: very much so!
(12:01:14 AM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: Damn, but the pressure is back on me!
(12:01:30 AM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: I'll have to trace my way back down the red line to...Bank!
(12:02:17 AM) *Matt: f***!
(12:02:19 AM) *Matt: good one!
(12:02:58 AM) *Matt: i'm stuck, can you see a way out for me?
(12:03:28 AM) I say hurrah to the heroes of Glenalmond College!: Maybe if you swap lines to Canary Warf?
(12:04:37 AM) *Matt: shrewd![/b]

TRF On Tour no understand! [/b]

I understood.

It's a very middle-class game I think, bit too complex for these for these working-class chaps.

Why do we not have a smilee involving a top-hat?

its a mock game you just name london underground stations [/b]
Why would anyone want to name london underground stations??? I don't see the logic in this game.

<div class='quotemain'> its a mock game you just name london underground stations [/b]
Why would anyone want to name london underground stations??? I don't see the logic in this game. [/b][/quote]

Need to listen to more radio shows methinks.

Prestwick says:
Ah well, I am going to head to bed I think.
Teh Mite: Goodbye old friend says:
OK, my move is cupboard under the stairs
Prestwick says:
Oh! A snappy one eh?
Prestwick says:
I'll undercut that move and perform a Alain Pervoit and go up the M11
An interesting swerve, as made famous by lord Lucan himself, however I can use my get out of jail free card and take the game into Brian Ashtons dirty pants basket
Prestwick says:
I'll have to do a Andy Robson and stay with what I've got, staying at Cambridge.
wow... just... Wow...
errrm, Testicular wharts
Prestwick says:
haha
Prestwick says:
Ah damnit
Prestwick says:
Looks like I'll have to watch Biarritz at the threatre les echos.
Prestwick says:
Or Vicarage Road.
Prestwick says:
All the seats for any Ryanair flight two days before the game in France are sold out and Eurostar is reasonably priced but takes nine hours.
bank
Prestwick says:
lol, we're not playing Mornington Crescent or Weakest Link!
damn!
You win!
Prestwick says:
hahaha[/b]

this game just sounds stupid, and makes no sense.

it just sounds like you guys are making stuff up o_O, and you probably are. doesnt look like you can "loose" the game.

Doesn't sound like the game can be lost, you say?
Try playing it one day.
I challenge you to withstand the mental pressure, the psychological set-ups and knocks downs that this game brings to the table.
My friend, a loss is inevitable...

The only reason you say it doesn't sound like you can lose is because you're afriad of the thought of losing. And that's ok - you have to be mentally tough to win, but by god, you have to be even stronger if you're going to lose.

Many a man has had his life ruined thanks to this game.
First you lose the game, your mind is a little disoriented; you head to work and you still haven't quite recovered, all of a sudden your boss sees you're not performing and pressures you by telling you to "pull up your socks" or to "pull out your finger" - further pressure ensues; you go home and your missus shouts at you for not responding to her needs, you struggle to explain yourself because you are still yet to recover; before you know it you're in work again...still not performing; your boss has given you a warning, you've overstepped the mark - you're fired; you go home, dispondent, inconsolable and the missus is furious with how stupid you've been acting - you're not yourself anymore, you've changed, she'll tell you; a few days go by with some late morning rises and the inability to go look for another job and your missus gets up and leaves you; you're alone, mentally falling to pieces day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute....your life ends.

Now tell me you can't lose at this game...

Are you going to do this for 40 years solid just to amuse middle-class people with lame in-jokes and puerile double-entendres.

I love Radio4 comedy but that show needs to be taken out and shot.

"Hello and welcome to Just a minute......."

Now there's a show...and The Consultants was doing some good work last week (Christopher Columbus and his crew of sullen children were fantastic).

Are you going to do this for 40 years solid just to amuse middle-class people with lame in-jokes and puerile double-entendres.

I love Radio4 comedy but that show needs to be taken out and shot.
[/b]

23302760.jpg

You leave Samantha and her gentlemen friends alone.

Latest posts