• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Verdict on Windows 7?

F

feicarsinn

Hey guys, I've recently got a new net-book. It came with Xp and I'm really enjoying using a decent OS after being stuck with Vista on the PC these last few years. But now I've been offered a a free copy of Windows 7. The computer is well capable of running it but is it really worth me upgrading? Thanks in advance.

I really don't know much about computers.
As much as I use them, i'm pretty ignorant to the isssues.
I have windows 7 and it's really easy to use. I'm not a technological dumbass, i've had '98, xp and vista over the past few years and i've found them all easy to use - but this one allegedly does something better whilst running programmes...or is more clever than others.
I think i remember a guy saying it has the good aspects of xp and vista, but leaving out the bad sides.

Bugger me, that cant have helped you in the slightest!
I should have just kept quiet. :lol:

I got Windows 7 two weeks ago and have had no problems with it so far.Installed all my drivers with no hick-ups and I'm running the 64bit Ultimate edition so that was good to see as the 64bit Vista i had just wouldn't accept some drivers.

Windows 7 you can say is XP re-invented with new themes, its more secure and a bit faster.

XP is still the best OS there is IMO, but Win 7 is almost just as good.

So if you are looking for something modern and new, get Win 7, if not stay with XP.

Havent used it yet myself but having had a run with Vista i'm pretty confident that Windows7 is what Vista was meant to be but wasnt.

It fixes all the bugs and runs properly where Vista ran like a pig and worked when it wanted too.

I'd say go for it, you have to take the jump sometime so Windows 7 will be your next step.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 27 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Havent used it yet myself but having had a run with Vista i'm pretty confident that Windows7 is what Vista was meant to be but wasnt.

It fixes all the bugs and runs properly where Vista ran like a pig and worked when it wanted too.

I'd say go for it, you have to take the jump sometime so Windows 7 will be your next step.[/b]

This is exactly what it is. Couldn't have said it better myself. I used XP forever, work on MAC OSX every day of my life being an audio engineer, and have Windows 7 installed on my gaming rig at home. It's the best OS, i have ever used. Loving every minute of it! So i recommend Windows 7 to anyone.

Latest posts