• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The World Sauna Championships in Finland

i have a funny feeling this might turn up something like the "Hold your Wee for a Wii" contest..

I was in a sauna yesterday after the gym.
It probably wasn't as hot as those in the competition but i couldn't stick it longer than 5 minutes.
My lips were tingeling, i was short of breath it's really not a place where you can relax.
:blink:

I only ever stayed a mere 10 minutes in a 100°C Sauna, but it was a very dry one, so breathing was still possible.

Wouldn't be able to hold out one second in a sauna as described there.

I only ever stayed a mere 10 minutes in a 100°C Sauna, but it was a very dry one, so breathing was still possible.

Wouldn't be able to hold out one second in a sauna as described there. [/b]
100°C would literally be boiling wouldn't it...

for water yes...

seems like at that temperature and above, you would begin to braise yourself and suffer burns at a certain point if you stayed in too long

It is possible able to survive in 100°C Sauna, it's sort of odd to see sweat vaporise the second it appears, and it gets a bit difficult to breath, but there's not much to it.

Does anyone know the boiling point of blood? (yes, gory question but still)

The boiling point of human blood is approx 1% higher than water.

Try it with animal blood and see how you go.

Any ideas on where to get animal blood? And a way to cook it befor it congeals?

CHINATOWN! pigs blood soup is a delicacy! the pigs blood is cooked until it becomes cubes, and then added to soup. tried it once, cant rmb how it tastes like. just ask ur butcher or something

A nice relaxing sauna is the best way to relax at night. Can't stand the dry heat rooms that most americans think are real saunas. If you aren't sprinkling water on heated rocks to create steam, you aren't in a sauna, you're just in a warm room.

I've been in saunas into 100°C and it can get pretty tough to breathe with the heavy steam making the air nice and thick. I like it over 80°C but to push it to 100°C or more isn't necessary. Folks who jump in and just start dumping water on the rocks to make it as hot as possible or horsing around don't belong in a sauna.

Sitting in a sauna sounds ridiculous. I had one at the local gym and NEVER set foot in there. I have problems breathing as it is.

Latest posts