• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This volcanic ash business

The geography department at my uni went on a fieldtrip to NZ over Easter and they're all stuck out there. I can think of worse places to be stuck, tbf :p - And Essay deadlines are being put back all over the place because of people/lecturers being stuck all over the world

My new screensaver

2010-04-17-ejafjal&.jpg

This baby is like the bank crisis - going to keep coming back for years.

I think I read this morning that QANTAS has a backlog of 15000 passengers to clear, and will not sell any more tickets to anywhere in Europe until mid-May.

wow thtas a bit extrme, i think it would be best just to try get home.

Icelanders tried to pay their debts to European banks, they have no cash but have ash...

It's really digging it's heels in isn't it? Flights suspended in UK airspace until 7pm UK time tomorrow. Thousands of people are trapped abroad and the UK along with the vast majority of Europe has been a no fly zone since Wednesday evening.

Here's the story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8628323.stm

I see the airlines are crying now. Unsurprising considering they are losing money hand over fist. They should listen to NATS. Better to be safe than sorry.

I've been told more than 2 000 000 000 Euros were dissipated in Ash while these days

And what is the mostly interesting, Air-Companies demand these Euros to be payed back to them from EU

I guess EU will prove they didn't make volcano in Iceland to erupt and no money will be payed

Latest posts