• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This years Tri Nations Schedule!

S

sanzar

Guest
Hey guys, check it out!

Tri Nations schedule released

April 5, 2006

SCHEDULE for the 2006 Tri-Nations rugby league tournament released today:


Oct 14: New Zealand v Australia, 8pm, Ericsson Stadium, Auckland

Oct 21: Australia v New Zealand, 8pm, Telstra Dome, Melbourne

Oct 28: New Zealand v Great Britain, 8pm, Jade Stadium, Christchurch

Nov 4: Australia v Great Britain, 8pm, Aussie Stadium, Sydney

Nov 11: New Zealand v Great Britain, 8pm, Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Nov 18: Australia v Great Britain, 8pm, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Nov 25: Final, 8pm, Aussie Stadium, Sydney.


AAP[/b]

Finally! I'll be able to go watch a GB v Aus game!
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
Unhelpful ********!

Sending us to NZ, then to Aussie, then back to NZ, then back to Aus! Not good for the fans!

But so typical of the ARL.
 
T

The TRUTH

Guest
I hope they really promote this years Tri Nations

80,000 at Telstra would be sweet (but unlikely)
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 5 2006, 06:57 PM
I hope they really promote this years Tri Nations

80,000 at Telstra would be sweet (but unlikely)
Yeah, but there are still a lot of kiwi's down there so you never know... especially after last years kiwi triuph!

Unhelpful ********!

Sending us to NZ, then to Aussie, then back to NZ, then back to Aus! Not good for the fans!

But so typical of the ARL.
[/b]

The ARL are hopeless... they know how to run the SOO, but that's it. Seriously, the sooner the ARL gets absorbed into the NRL the better! The NRL should be running the whole show, they are a very well organised professional organisation that has been getting better and better with every year!
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
It just shows a really poor lack of consideration for the GB fans, it really does.
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 5 2006, 07:04 PM
It just shows a really poor lack of consideration for the GB fans, it really does.
It's hard though... the ESL is still going when this thing starts up, so it'd be near impossible to do it any other way and be fair to everyone... They should really cut 4 rounds of the ESL and 2 off the NRL and make it more of a big deal, but the comp has to prove itself first, just like SOO had to.
 
T

The TRUTH

Guest
Actually .......my bad........ there not playing any games at Telstra Stadium

Telstra Dome only holds 50-55,000 but the atmosphere with the roof closed is amazing and as you said there's plenty of Kiwis in Melbourne so they might get close to a sell out.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 5 2006, 09:07 AM

It's hard though... the ESL is still going when this thing starts up, so it'd be near impossible to do it any other way and be fair to everyone... They should really cut 4 rounds of the ESL and 2 off the NRL and make it more of a big deal, but the comp has to prove itself first, just like SOO had to.
Play Aussie twice in Aussie, then NZ twice in NZ.

The players can cope with it fine, it's just going to cost the fans a small fortune.
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Apr 5 2006, 07:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Apr 5 2006, 09:07 AM

It's hard though... the ESL is still going when this thing starts up, so it'd be near impossible to do it any other way and be fair to everyone... They should really cut 4 rounds of the ESL and 2 off the NRL and make it more of a big deal, but the comp has to prove itself first, just like SOO had to.
Play Aussie twice in Aussie, then NZ twice in NZ.

The players can cope with it fine, it's just going to cost the fans a small fortune. [/b]
Maybe... I'm sure if GB wanted that they would have asked though...
In any case, you see that happen to teams in the S14 going to NZ and back more than once in the space of a few rounds, and if they're any good the 2 hour flight doesn't kill em.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
The players will be fine, but I'm told the cost for fans wishing to tour has increased by as much as £750 as a result of this hectic scheduling.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
I think we decided to just get it over and done with... it has been organised so, so poorly. I expect the competition to be an absolute disaster, because the ARL doesn't care about international league.
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 5 2006, 07:36 PM
I think we decided to just get it over and done with... it has been organised so, so poorly. I expect the competition to be an absolute disaster, because the ARL doesn't care about international league.
I wouldn't go that far... They wouldn't support the competition if they didn't. But neither them or your lot have much of an idea how to organise the comp, because it's relegated to second class status behind both the ESL and NRL. Seriously, the comp has been atrociously organised in the UK as well and it will never work well while the NRL and ESL stay the way they are.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
To a large extent SANZAR I disagree with you. I think that the RFL, who I am no fan of at all, have done a good job. There were hardly seats to be had in the last 2 tri nations, except for myabe the final, which provoked little interest from a lot of people because GB didn't make the final.

You just think it was a flop because the Aussies got pwned! ;)
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 5 2006, 07:50 PM
To a large extent SANZAR I disagree with you. I think that the RFL, who I am no fan of at all, have done a good job. There were hardly seats to be had in the last 2 tri nations, except for myabe the final, which provoked little interest from a lot of people because GB didn't make the final.

You just think it was a flop because the Aussies got pwned! ;)
Nah, I thought it was badly organised both years... even 2004 (you know, the year we humiliated your sorry arses in the final :p ). I know that a lot of the games have sold out over there, but seriously, how f#%$ing small were the stadiums? A couple of them looked to have a capacity less than 10,000 FFS! Of course there weren't many seats left! But the way the comp is organised is a joke every year. There is NO WAY one team should play 4 games in a row, it's just stupid... look at the RU TN and then look at the league version and it's pretty clear which one is being run by the amatures... Your boys didn't format the comp any better than has been done here, the only difference is that you only hosted it in one country.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
What's the point in playing in a 75,000 all seater stadium when you know you're not going to fill it?
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 5 2006, 08:12 PM
What's the point in playing in a 75,000 all seater stadium when you know you're not going to fill it?
Yeah, but come on! Some of those shonky huts made Cambpelltown look big! 75,000 is a bit much, sure, but how about at least making sure they can all fit 20,000 at least!
Anyway, I think we're losing site of the fact that it's simply not a well organised comp from either end and something serious needs to change for it to get better. At least this time the Aussie games will be played in Aussie stadium (with an exhibition game in Melbourne), and if they get 26,000+ like last time, then the atmosphere should be brilliant there! In fact, if they market it right, then they could easily sell Aussie stadium out, and that would be a heck of a site.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
2004 - The City of Manchester Stadium (48,000)
- The McAlpine Stadium (25,000)
- The JJB Stadium (25,000)
- The KC Stadium (23,000)
- Elland Road (38,000)


2005 - The same, but add Loftus Road (18,000)



But you're right (to an extent) it could be organised a lot better.
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 5 2006, 08:32 PM
But you're right (to an extent) it could be organised a lot better.
Aye! What's this "extent" crap? :p It DEFINATELY could and NEEDS to be organised a lot better for the tournament to get any where near SOO level... So get on board! :bravo: :%#%#:
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
I obviously don't know about how SOO is organised.

"extent" as in you think it's poorly organised in GB, but I don't think we do too bad.

Annoyed? Why not write an article, cockle?
 
Top