• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toa Samoa vs Kiwis, England vs Maoris.

Sam Owen

First XV
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Blues
This week is gonna be a goodie for those League lovers and dual coders as Aucklands Mount Smart Stadium host two big double headers featuring many superstars from the Super League and the NRL.

England play the Maoris who have a surprise inclusion in the NSW and former Kangaroo super centre Timana Tahu. The two teams will curtain raise for the big international clash of TOA SAMOA!!! vs the world champion Kiwis.

Here are the Steve Price coached Samoan team to take on the Kiwis and the NZ Maori team to take on the English...

SAMOA: Tony Puletua (St Helens), Francis Meli (St Helens), Ali Lauitiiti (Leeds), David Faiumu (Huddersfield), David Solomona (Warrington), George Carmont (Wigan), Harrison Hansen (Wigan), Ben Roberts (Canterbury-Bankstown), Constantine Mika (Newcastle), Mark Taufua (Newcastle), Joseph Paulo (Penrith), Masada Iosefa (Penrith), Terence Seuseu (Manly), Willie Isa (Melbourne), Daniel Vidot (Canberra), Josh McGuire (Brisbane), Taulima Tautai (Cronulla), Quentin Togaga'e (Souths Logan), Frank Winterstein (Crusaders). One player to be named from Samoa domestic players: Tupu Ulufale, Tanielu Pasene, Vailoa Kereti, David Masoe.
Teofilo Lepou.
Coach: Steve Price.

NEW ZEALAND MAORI: Kevin Locke (NZ Warriors), Sandor Earl (Penrith), Timana Tahu (Parramatta), Clinton Toopi (Gold Coast), Arana J Taumata (North Queensland), Rangi Chase (Castleford), Jeremy Smith (Wakefield), Willie Heta (Otahuhu), Aaron Heremaia (NZ Warriors), Weller Hauraki (Crusaders), Justin Horo (Parramatta), Bodene Thompson (Gold Coast), Kevin Proctor (Melbourne), James Tamou (North Queensland), Sam McKendry (Penrith), Russell Packer (Vodafone Warriors). One player to be added from Kiwis.
Coach: Richie Blackmore.

England are going to get dicked.
It's a fairly poor side, all things considered, and they're playing way away from home, in the Maoris backyard, and are going on the back of a draw to Cumbria. Surely the best/handpicked players from a whole country should beat players from one county?

England are going to get dicked.
It's a fairly poor side, all things considered, and they're playing way away from home, in the Maoris backyard, and are going on the back of a draw to Cumbria. Surely the best/handpicked players from a whole country should beat players from one county?

Theres the advantage that Cumbria would have of being together longer and forming combination. The Maori have been hastily thrown together too so that advantage won't be there for them. It should be a good match, i think it could go either way but England should really win this one.

Good game from both the Maoris and England. England I felt had a few harsh calls against them, the Maoris made a good comeback when they started to gel a bit.

Surprised at some of the players that didnt play for the English side. Players that I thought would make the team but oh well, the incumbants are there for a reason and they look good.

Theres the advantage that Cumbria would have of being together longer and forming combination. The Maori have been hastily thrown together too so that advantage won't be there for them. It should be a good match, i think it could go either way but England should really win this one.

or neither way...

Only saw the Samoa-Kiwis game, Kiwis were on a roll but a very nice try by Samoa in the last minute.
Why wasn't Fuifui MoiMoi playing?

because he plays for Tonga. somethings gotta be done about the gap between these sides though

i also think its bullcrap a team like France gets to be in the 4 nations when Fiji, Tonga and Samoa all thrashed France at the last Rugby League World Cup by 40 points.

But it changed every year who is the 4th nation,
CAn hardly have Fiji/Tonga/Samoa in there when it was a "European Qualifier" who was taking the 4th spot.
It's a "Pacific Qualifier" next time round though, so will be one of the teams you mentioned (or Papa New Guinea again)

While it's disappointing that England didn't win, and blew an 18-0 halftime lead, I honestly expected the Maori to win, so it could be worse.
I think England have lost a few of the squad to injury after that match as well =/

Ah ok, I always thought that when you played for 1 country you weren't allowed to play for another country

Latest posts