• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tokyo Olympics Rugby 7s

Looking forward to this one. Just, too much sport ATM lol. Wimbledon just gone, a B&I Lions tour to SA, Tour de France and now Olympics. I expect I will have a lot of catching up to do but will try to follow the 7s at least live.

Looking forward to this one. Just, too much sport ATM lol. Wimbledon just gone, a B&I Lions tour to SA, Tour de France and now Olympics. I expect I will have a lot of catching up to do but will try to follow the 7s at least live.
Luckilly the ECB are trying to kill domestic cricket over the next month so only two test matches to watch. The Olympics will fill that void quite nicely.

South Africa 7s coach will miss the whole tournament after testing positive for COVID and being placed in quarantine

South Africa 7s coach will miss the whole tournament after testing positive for COVID and being placed in quarantine

He's going to coach the team virtually which should be very interesting.

Last edited:
ABs need to be careful and take note of the Japan and Fiji game.
as they say in the NFL any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday

ABs need to be careful and take note of the Japan and Fiji game.
as they say in the NFL any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday
And the USA barely got past Kenya. That match went down to the final seconds.

1627273186216.png

Watched the Ireland SA match there. Good fight back at one stage but they had us well in hand for most of it. Do expect us to improve, hopefully we can beat the US. Pretty sure we can finish 3rd and still progress.

USA beat just Ireland and are now 2-0 in Olympic competition. Good job Eagles!

1627293067024.png

I miss the days when the stars played. So i started dreaming… of a star studded team….it got hard so i made my criteria instead just those who played super rugby ( so no alaimalo even though hes ninjured) and didnt go for the olympics and make the wider squad (ie no nanai-seturo or clarke)….heres my ten

Sotutu
Mounga
Ione
Jordie
Rayasi
Ennor
Jordan
Mckenzie
Beauden
Proctor

Just in case anyone set this to record - it was supposed to be on the red button (if at all) - but wasn't.
2Hr 30min into the BBC1 feed (also available on iPlayer) (341 minutes, starting at 10.25pm)

ETA: Okay, coverage is terrible; even when there's not a lot on. The above showed Fiji vs Japan and GB vs Can; before switching to the same sport the red button was showing.
As far as I've been able to find, they didn't bother showing a single match from the 2nd round of matches; just the highlights of GB vs Japan

Grrrrr

Last edited:
Just in case anyone set this to record - it was supposed to be on the red button (if at all) - but wasn't.
2Hr 30min into the BBC1 feed (also available on iPlayer) (341 minutes, starting at 10.25pm)
Do you have access to NBC and it's affiliates CNBC and USA Network online? That's where the 7s matches are shown here in the United States. They broadcast all of them over the air and online here..

Last edited:
Ugh, choke job. Fairly standard for Irish competitors at the pinnacle of their sport though.
The USA is much better at 7s than we are at 15s. The Irish whipped our butts in 15s recently, so I was happy that we beat Ireland today. South Africa will be a tougher task, I'm pretty sure they're favored to beat us. Go Eagles!

Last edited:
Do you have access to NBC and it's affiliates CNBC and USA Network online? That's where the Sevens matches are shown here in the United States.
We have a completely bollock situation the BBC use to provide wall to wall coverage we could watch whatever we want and we wanted. But then the IOC sold the rights to Discovery and it ******** up the BBC who have to do their best to follow the medals. So group stage stuff like this can be waste of what they can show.

The USA is much better at 7s than we are at 15s. The Irish whipped our butts in 15s recently, so I was happy that we beat Ireland today. South Africa will be a tougher task, I'm pretty sure they're favored to beat us. Go Eagles!
I know that, yeah, States were good to give them their dues but watching the game it was clear our lads didn't play to their ability. Hopefully we get the job done against Kenya and go through but feel like we threw it away a bit there.

Latest posts