• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tokyo Olympics Rugby 7s

Tough ending to the match vs Kenya, didn't build on the quick start and a few blown scoring opportunities from guys who were key in getting us there.
When other teams pick up their games we crawl into our shell. All too typical of Irish sports, just hope O'Donovan and McCarthy can bring home gold, if not it could be a bleak enough Olympics!

Fiji looked very good again, its going to take a big game for someone to beat them.

Great Britain beat the USA, so my Eagles are out of the medal hunt. We had a 21-0 lead over GB and choked, 26-21. We play Canada next to finish it out. We better beat them to end with a 3-2 record.

Last edited:
Fiji, honestly its their only real medal prospect all Olympics so if GB don't win I want them to.
I always want Fiji to win too, except when they play the USA. I like the Fijians style and hope to see them play a home match in Suva someday. That would be a great trip.

Well SA out vs a 6 man Argentina. I want to say SA shat the bed but to a large extent it was down to Arg. Maybe the old SA complacency crept in when they went to 6. Wouldn't be the first time a SA team stopped playing when the odds of a win for us went from 60% to 90%. But credit where it is due, Argentina was the team that kept up the intensity and pressure.

I cant explain to you how difficult it is to do what these guys just did against a team like south Africa.

Any game between two somewhat evenly matched teams (using the term very closely here) is over when it is 6 vs 7.
Respect to your team man....will support them for the rest of the way. They have some big stones!

Great Britain beat the USA, so my Eagles are out of the medal hunt. We had a 21-0 lead over GB and choked, 26-21. We play Canada next to finish it out. We better beat them to end with a 3-2 record.
At least we get a rivalry game as a consolation prize, and no offense to South Africans but their shocking loss takes attention off of us. Nobody expects the USA to place in Rugby tbh.

I have the say, the reffing ive seen has been atrocious

in the Japan v Korea game there was like 5-6 penalties in less than a minute, blowing it up the instant someone went to deck for not releasing or "extra roll", they have a right to place the ball and that can take longer the a nanosecond

but then missing more deliberate stuff like playing the ball on the ground or just diving over the tackle like has just happened in the Kenya v ireland games, both leading to kenyan tries

This Argentina team team is a bunch of fighters, but Fiji looking a bit too strong

They sure did, especially in the second half. I hope Fiji wins the gold.
I hope your momma wins gold

also, ill offer my congratulations to the new zealand team now, a positive congratulations rather than an "oh well, at least we got silver" disappointed type congratulations that could happen if i waited til after the final.

At least silver, thats good. Well done.

gbr didnt look as good as some of the other teams weve played - argentina, australia. But if they win their next game they fully deserve the bronze.

also, the official word from officialdom is that this semifinal victory cancels out the 15s world cup loss against england. Id say it more than cancels it out because this was victory against england, scotland, and wales all at once; bu its not up to me to make that call, i dont constitute offcialdom.

1627449520833.gif

Last edited:
Fiji vs the Kiwis, should be a fun, physical final.
I hope Argentina wins bronze. Their run was amazing!

I hope your momma wins gold

also, ill offer my congratulations to the new zealand team now, a positive congratulations rather than an "oh well, at least we got silver" disappointed type congratulations that could happen if i waited til after the final.

At least silver, thats good. Well done.

gbr didnt look as good as some of the other teams weve played - argentina, australia. But if they win their next game they fully deserve the bronze.

also, the official word from officialdom is that this semifinal victory cancels out the 15s world cup loss against england. Id say it more than cancels it out because this was victory against england, scotland, and wales all at once; bu its not up to me to make that call, i dont constitute offcialdom.

View attachment 11820

New Zealand's match with Fiji hasn't even started yet and you've already conceded the gold. :rolleyes:

kid mero l GIF by Desus & Mero

Last edited:
Dangit, was unsure about that last penalty but we lost that one ourselves.

Latest posts