• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Top 14] 2015/2016 Season: Day 3

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier

This one looks much easier on paper all home wins except of course Montpellier, but you have to understand under no exceptions can i ever put Montpellier down as other than a win home or away.

Last edited:
Surely R92 will make it past Agen though- you missed that one but everyone makes mistakes so don't worry over it.

The match is just on during a difficult time as I have a bachelors party to attend and if there's a TV nearby it'll probably not show Top14 rugby sadly. I suppose I'll just have to read about the good result afterwards.

All home wins barring R92 taking it off Agen. Racing to top the league early on on the back of a BP win on the weekend.

[TABLE="class: pr-tabs-style2, width: 100%"]
<tbody style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; font-size: 12.1599998474121px;">[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]1.[/TD]
[TD]Clermont Auvergne[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]69[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]57[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2.[/TD]
[TD]Toulouse[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]44[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]3.[/TD]
[TD]Racing Metro[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]47[/TD]
[TD]41[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4.[/TD]
[TD]Castres[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]5.[/TD]
[TD]Montpellier[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]51[/TD]
[TD]45[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6.[/TD]
[TD]Oyonnax[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]56[/TD]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]7.[/TD]
[TD]Grenoble[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]44[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[TD]-4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8.[/TD]
[TD]Brive[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]29[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]-8[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]9.[/TD]
[TD]Stade Francais[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]47[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10.[/TD]
[TD]Pau[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]44[/TD]
[TD]50[/TD]
[TD]-6[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]11.[/TD]
[TD]Bordeaux Begles[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]53[/TD]
[TD]-15[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12.[/TD]
[TD]Toulon[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]31[/TD]
[TD]51[/TD]
[TD]-20[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]13.[/TD]
[TD]La Rochelle[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]64[/TD]
[TD]-39[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14.[/TD]
[TD]Agen[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]32[/TD]
[TD]58[/TD]
[TD]-26[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

You know the old saying about winning away from home in France Jake White still cannot get his head around it, it's extremely difficult and although i understand your reasoning it would not surprise me to see Agen win, although it is a match that could go either way, and they will be looking for their first points at home infront of their supporters.

I saw it in action for most of last year but its still difficult to wrap my own head around it as well, yes.

Toulouse are in another derby versus Castres, our little cousins ...after rekindling an old regional derby versus Agen last weekend.
Castres are going to be an entire different proposition this season. They had a nightmare last season. I don't know how Kockott and Tales got a call-up to play in the RWC. Baffling.

Castres will be tough under Urios. He's going to instill the discipline and confidence they need. They're recruitment is good in the backs. Don't forget they now have a baclkine containing the likes of David Smith (best try scorer last season), Rudi Wulf and Remy Grosso who has been on fire. When Sitivatu is fit again they'll have a strong backline. I think the days of Castres being the whipping boy may be over.

Also Urios came with Antoine Tichit from Oyonnax. This guy has demolished every prop in T14.

in fact I can see that Castres team pushing us all the way and more...

- - - Updated - - -

I saw it in action for most of last year but its still difficult to wrap my own head around it as well, yes.

it's the siege mentality. It's always been that way. Professionalism hasn't changed that. They've inherited that bit from the amateur era.

Toulouse are in another derby versus Castres, our little cousins ...after rekindling an old regional derby versus Agen last weekend.
Castres are going to be an entire different proposition this season. They had a nightmare last season. I don't know how Kockott and Tales got a call-up to play in the RWC. Baffling.

Castres will be tough under Urios. He's going to instill the discipline and confidence they need. They're recruitment is good in the backs. Don't forget they now have a baclkine containing the likes of David Smith (best try scorer last season), Rudi Wulf and Remy Grosso who has been on fire. When Sitivatu is fit again they'll have a strong backline. I think the days of Castres being the whipping boy may be over.

Also Urios came with Antoine Tichit from Oyonnax. This guy has demolished every prop in T14.

in fact I can see that Castres team pushing us all the way and more...
- - - Updated - - -

I've also been impressed with the signings of UBB this season. Granted many of them will only be available after the RWC but they have gotten in few but quality SH players in AAC, Kepu and Braid. I'm not sure what the deal is with Kitshoff. He still playing for WP but he might be going over thereafter only or backtracked? I don't know. He was the best loose head in Super Rugby this year and unlucky to miss out on selection for the RWC for SA, being white and having been injured during the Rugby Championship cost him.

it's the siege mentality. It's always been that way. Professionalism hasn't changed that. They've inherited that bit from the amateur era.

You see that in the more amateur Curry Cup rather than Super Rugby in SA but the 'bigger' teams just have incomparably more resources than what the difference is in the T14. Its great that that aspect of the game is still alive in the ultra-pro T14.

Very good half from ASM......more than matching a decent Oyo pack & the Clermont backs are finding space everywhere. Think Oyo will be a lot stronger second half, but still fancy ASM to hold out. First 10 minutes of second half will be crucial. If ASM score again, I fancy the bonus point. Look out for ASM's Raka coming off the bench, a young Fijian with pace to burn.

quote Stormer...........
Surely R92 will make it past Agen though- you missed that one but everyone makes mistakes so don't worry over it.

you can ask 100 times and i will probably give you a 100 different reasons but the winning away from home theory continues, on paper Racing are the better team, Agen newly promoted everything is going towards a Racing victory on paper but it just does not happen this way. Racing come away with nothing, i fear for us at Bordeaux this afternoon, and Toulon could be 14th and bottom with 1pt after tonights game in Paris v Stade and who would put money on that at the beginning of the season!!!! When i have said that the TOP 14 IS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST COMPETITIONS worldwde, i really mean it as you know you are going to lose 7/8 or 9 games and can still be champions.Just look at Clermont yesterday by halftime they had the bonus, Oyonnax come back score 2 tries and Clermont then lose it, after 5 mins of pure folly 80/85min. of the game Clermont regain the bonus, also scoring + 3 tries more for the bonus is always a problem, in the UK you score 4 tries and that's it bonus point gained, completely different in France. and the game is open until the very end.

Home wins are the norm and usually achieved by the Top 14 teams no matter their comparative levels of ability - like Agen yesterday!

That rule is proved by the exception that is BO, and why they are not in the Top 14......played three matches, two at home, and lost all three!!!!!!

Impressive away win for Clermont!
Few sides win at Oyonnax, but to get a bonus is special!

Toulouse have began well, although I'm disappointed not to have bonuses with the home wins.
Against Brive, they had an good first half and then seemed to lose momentum in the second, and again yesterday, I expected for another try, but alas, no.
However, 3 wins out of 3 is a good start!

Oyonnax come back score 2 tries and Clermont then lose it, after 5 mins of pure folly 80/85min. of the game Clermont regain the bonus, also scoring + 3 tries more for the bonus is always a problem, in the UK you score 4 tries and that's it bonus point gained, completely different in France. and the game is open until the very end.

& the French way is infinitely better. As you say Gaston, with 4 tries, bonus point secured & nothing else to play for under the English system, that penalty Clermont had in the 80th minute would've been just hoofed into touch. Instead the fans got another 5 minutes of fantastic pell mell rugby.

Gaston he only speak good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

He never wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers Tony at least you understand.!!!!!!!!!!!! meanwhile back at the ranch, or Bordeaux!!! Montpellier get their first away win of the season 22-24, hard work with not a great ref but thats more or less normal in France. so sitting pretty in 4th place as i do not see any bonus wins tonight and Toulon could be bottom with just une point ce soir!!!!!!!!

WTF is up with the lighting in the state Toulon game?

You have to think is worse on TV than in reality? Surprised at 3-10 scoreline having been catching up at La Vuelta!!

They have just said something about the lighting but how can they tell from a cupboard in Isleworth!!!

SF should run out winners in this one with a bonus!!!!

That was deliberate knock on and a yellow surely?

Yes!!!

And the best back rower outside the French squad, and BO export, finishes a great move!!!!!!

Just seen Bobos try.... Not bad for a guy of 39.......and who I thought was over the hill!!!!!!!! But what do I know!!

Latest posts