Top 14 day 12

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier

Last edited:
For me it's SF v Toulouse. Always special. We hate them. Last game we had fireworks with 1 red Danty and Clerc fighting
We're going there as the leader but that means sweet FA. The parisians are on a loss away to Oyonnax :lol: they have their head down after a poor start this season, can we carry our Toulon-beating mode into this weekend. Hope so.
Also I'll keep an eye on Racing v Bordeaux this one could be a craker. Both are on a roll but I think Racing will be too strong at home.
Also Pau at home could make life difficult for Clermont. Les Jaunards are on a loss at home to Racing and are under pressure to stay in top 5. I think chasing both Europe and league will hurt them but it's all good for us as long as they hold on to that illusion of Le Doublé...

Last edited:
Only the Toulon and SF matches on tv in UK unfortunately!

Only the Toulon and SF matches on tv in UK unfortunately!

I think Toulon are beatable this season. Laporte is on his way out and it shows. But with the depth they have they can bounce back quickly with the return of key players like Giteau. Whatever team they put out I can't see Pau troubling them.

Predicktions for this weekends games.
Home wins for Racing, Paris, (but they may have trouble with a Toulouse on form at the moment) Toulon, Grenoble, La Rochelle, away win for Clermont as Agen are very weak at the moment, and of course as always Montpellier to win at Brive although if they do it will be an excellent victory as Brive are very tough to beat at home, there is a ? about whether Germain will be playing, great loss for Brive if he is not present, as he kicks all the points from penalties obtained by their forwards, watch out for the scrum half duel of Teddy Iribaren (ex Montpellier lest season) and Benoit Paillaugue who was massive at training on Monday and at the moment top of his form, pity he did not get the call from Noves he deserves a chance.!!!!!.

Last edited:
Wow! Try rightly disallowed but ST have started with a real bang!! As they have just said......totally different performance from those in Europe!!

Guess it is three weeks holiday for them now!!!!

Plisson having a total mare.....how many knock ons has he had tonight?!!

Imanol can hardly stand after 53 minutes!!!

Brilliant try from Bonneval made by Dupuy who has been sublime since replacing Genia who has been ****!!

Good game but ST can feel aggrieved!!

Last edited:
You bet. We were robbed. 2 tries denied. our 2nd try is valid. Last SF try not conclusive at all. Rule says if in doubt no try.

Gastons predicktion 100% bar of course his own team Montpellier, Stade very lucky indeed, and Pau showed plenty of guts against Toulon who were off colour, 5 defensive bonus points and one attackig point for Grenoble, who said the TOP 14 WAS TOUGH!!!!!!.................. everybody in it!!!!!!

Gastons predicktion 100% bar of course his own team Montpellier, Stade very lucky indeed, and Pau showed plenty of guts against Toulon who were off colour, 5 defensive bonus points and one attackig point for Grenoble, who said the TOP 14 WAS TOUGH!!!!!!.................. everybody in it!!!!!!

With Racing on top..

With Racing on top..

for the moment sharing the lead with Toulouse and Clermont all on 38pts with Toulon on 36pts. Dan Carter seems to have integrated well but that i never doubted, there is still a very long way to go and with Racing well established in the Euro comp they may stretch themselves a little later on, but time will tell.
At the moment they have a massive pack and backs to profit from all the good ball they are getting so are obviously doing very well and with Carter in charge behind things could not be better for them, but as i said still a long way to go. only half way!!!!

With so many NZ (and other) legends playing in this league now, I've been getting interested. Unfortunately there's no coverage where I am. Any suggestions?

Nice to see Carter enjoying being somewhere different. It must be so good for him mentally.

Latest posts