• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TOP 14 DAY 21... 27/28th MARCH

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
Early this week as its raining in the beautiful South of France...................
[TABLE="class: list"]
<tbody>[TR="class: date"]
[TH="colspan: 5"]Friday, 27 March[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: game pre"]
[TD="class: summary"][/TD]
[TD="class: away"] Racing Métro
1497.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: score"] vs.[/TD]
[TD="class: home"]
1507.png
Bayonne[/TD]
[TD="class: details"] Result

12-6

20:45 LT.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: gap"]
[TD="colspan: 5"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: date"]
[TH="colspan: 5"]Saturday, 28 March[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD="class: away"] Clermont
1515.png
[/TD]
1484.png
Stade Français[/TD]
[TD="class: details"]
14:35 LT[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: away"] La Rochelle
1518.png
[/TD]
1522.png
Bordeaux-Bègles[/TD]
15:00 LT[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: away"] Montpellier
1482.png
[/TD]
1521.png
Lyon[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: away"] Brive
1519.4.png
[/TD]
1499.png
Oyonnax[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: away"] Toulon
1492.png
[/TD]
1493.png
Toulouse[/TD]
16:35 LT[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD="class: away"] Castres
1514.png
[/TD]
1483.png
Grenoble[/TD]
20:45 LT[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Racing
Clermont
Bordeaux
Montpellier
Brive
Toulon
Grenoble

Toulon Toulouse for me and Clermont SF is the one to watch. I can see Grenoble winning at Castres.

Firstly Grenoble are at home not at Castres, will have to go for 7 home wins cant see Clermont or Toulouse doing anything other than maybe a losing bonus point.
Bayonne will beat Racing i think as they are a very solid team at home, the rest pretty much straight forward and if we don't beat Lyon we should give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a certain FTD more than likely starting and another new fullback to replace Nagusa injured, cant say who but nice surprise he will do well............

Hé Gastonade peuchère ..easy on le vin rouge :lol:
Bayonne v Racing
SF v Clermont
UBB v La Rochelle
Oyonnax v Brive
Grenoble v Castre

so I reckon:
Bayonne
SF
Bordeaux
Montpellier
Oyo
Toulon
Grenoble

Firstly Grenoble are at home not at Castres, will have to go for 7 home wins cant see Clermont or Toulouse doing anything other than maybe a losing bonus point.
Bayonne will beat Racing i think as they are a very solid team at home, the rest pretty much straight forward and if we don't beat Lyon we should give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is a certain FTD more than likely starting and another new fullback to replace Nagusa injured, cant say who but nice surprise he will do well............

will watch Montpellier with FTD's return such an exciting player :) Good to hear he is starting.

There could be over 60,000 fans for the Toulon v Toulouse game :wacko:.......max capacity is 67,000

Racing is comming with the big team after being slapped at Brive and before a quarterfinal... I won't bet my house on my team tomorrow, but if we win and we're lucky, we could finish 7th

There could be over 60,000 fans for the Toulon v Toulouse game :wacko:.......max capacity is 67,000

Apparetnly Mon Mourad said the pother day that he has already sold 61,000 and hoping to break the record which is some 63,000+ but there is a certain Marseille v PSG a week later so his record will probably go. He also said that the LNR could not organise the European Final because there was not enough time below his comments............

M.B: Aucune finale de Coupe d'Europe n'a été jouée en France sous prétexte qu'en septembre il était trop tard pour organiser un match au Stade de France en mai. Nous avons décidé d'organiser ce match contre Toulouse en novembre pour le 29 mars... On gère 1 500 personnes pour la sécurité, on va servir 3 500 repas et un millier de personnes en loge, ce qui correspond à une finale de Coupe d'Europe. Quand le monde professionnel s'occupe de ce genre de chose, il arrive à faire en trois mois ce que d'autres ne parviennent pas à faire en un an.
I personnally love this guy he shoots his mouth off often but if you listen to what he says and leave out the media crap he talks a lot of sense, would make a wonderful President but what would Paris ever think about that.

Montpellier Team and Bench to play Lyon Sat 28th March KO. 15.00

1. Mikheil NARIASHVILI Р2. Charles GELI Р3. Nicolas MAS Р4. Sitaleki TIMANI Р5. Thibaut PRIVAT Р6. Fulgence OUEDRAOGO Р7. Ben MOWEN Р8. Akapusi QERA Р9. Benǫt PAILLAUGUE Р10. Fran̤ois TRINH-DUC Р11. Pierre BERARD Р12. Robert EBERSOHN Р13. Anthony TUITAVAKE Р14. Lucas DUPONT Р15. Ben LUCAS

Les remplaçants :

16. Mickael IVALDI – 17. Chris KING – 18. Robins TCHALE WATCHOU – 19. Antoine BATTUT – 20. Jonathan PELISSIE – 21. Wynand OLIVIER – Yohann ARTRU – 23. Patric CILLIERS

and the opposition.........

Le XV de départ: Loursac ; Arnold, Lynn, Estebanez, Ratuvou ; (o) Brett, (m) Lorée ; Puricelli, Smith, Ghezal ; Nallet, Njewel ; Roux, Fitzpatrick, Felsina.

Remplaçants: Fourie, Balan, N'Zi, Matadigo, Januarie, Munro, Porical.

Last edited:
what a game Toulon v Toulouse and waht a win for the Toulousains 24-34 :bravo:
Toulouse down to 18 nil what team in europe can come back from such a pt deficit agst that Toulon side I don't know any.
This is the 2nd time we've beaten 2LON at home and away, and all in front of +64,000 fans.

And SF put 40 on ..Clermont scoring 7 tries :wacko:

Last edited:
What a fantastic game! Toulouse so impressive. I've just had a look through their squad list and it's just insane. Easily a squad worthy of winning the champions cup. Starting to see the Toulouse of old again?

Apparetnly Mon Mourad said the pother day that he has already sold 61,000 and hoping to break the record which is some 63,000+ but there is a certain Marseille v PSG a week later so his record will probably go. He also said that the LNR could not organise the European Final because there was not enough time below his comments............

M.B: Aucune finale de Coupe d'Europe n'a été jouée en France sous prétexte qu'en septembre il était trop tard pour organiser un match au Stade de France en mai. Nous avons décidé d'organiser ce match contre Toulouse en novembre pour le 29 mars... On gère 1 500 personnes pour la sécurité, on va servir 3 500 repas et un millier de personnes en loge, ce qui correspond à une finale de Coupe d'Europe. Quand le monde professionnel s'occupe de ce genre de chose, il arrive à faire en trois mois ce que d'autres ne parviennent pas à faire en un an.
I personnally love this guy he shoots his mouth off often but if you listen to what he says and leave out the media crap he talks a lot of sense, would make a wonderful President but what would Paris ever think about that.

They filled the stadium in the No1 Footie town of the country. I like when he says "When professionals run this kind of even, they achieve in 3 months what others can't do in one year" he is hinting at LNR and FFr...

Another completely nutty day in the TOP 14 Toulouse smack Toulon, La Rochelle turn over Bordeaux and Castres go and win at Grenoble all good for Montpellier who take 5 pts, and a pure Majestic FTD + Man of the Match plus a try after only a couple of mins we may still qualify.
Who said the TOP 14 was boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Don't forget Bayonne getting bashed by Racing at home..................!!

Try of the week-end for me is the 7th try scored by SF all the way from 80 m (from 4:00)

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge upset at Chaban Delmas! Very impressive La Rochelle side!
I'm not really surprised by Bordeaux last results actually!
If they don't manage to score quickly, they look so weak and lose patience every time.
The two last games at Chaban (Stade Français and La Rochelle) are good examples.

Another completely nutty day in the TOP 14 Toulouse smack Toulon, La Rochelle turn over Bordeaux and Castres go and win at Grenoble all good for Montpellier who take 5 pts, and a pure Majestic FTD + Man of the Match plus a try after only a couple of mins we may still qualify.
Who said the TOP 14 was boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FTD back with a bang. Will he make the 36 what dya reckon Gaston?

- - - Updated - - -

How does Christophe Urios coach Oyonnax to a 6th place??

They don't have one single international. No foreign star. Their budget 1/3 of the big guns. Small stadium in a small town. And yet..

He gets 400% out of a team of average players for every game. What does it say about his coaching and motivational ability

just perhaps they could give him a part time job in Paris, would do no harm before the WC. This happens now and again a sort of down to earth guy comes along and talks good sense and keeps the teams morale high the humaine said of coaching is also very important, we had one at Montpellier, best coach probably in Europe but when it comes to the humaine side of things RUBBISH!!!!!!!!, cant remember his name but it's the tribual with the prudhomme today, so someone is going to lose an awful lot of money!!!!!!!

As far as the 36 goes i think there is FTD and 35 others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just perhaps they could give him a part time job in Paris, would do no harm before the WC. This happens now and again a sort of down to earth guy comes along and talks good sense and keeps the teams morale high the humaine said of coaching is also very important, we had one at Montpellier, best coach probably in Europe but when it comes to the humaine side of things RUBBISH!!!!!!!!, cant remember his name but it's the tribual with the prudhomme today, so someone is going to lose an awful lot of money!!!!!!!

As far as the 36 goes i think there is FTD and 35 others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oyo are the only T14 team with a ProD2 squad :lol: and a 6th place just behind Toulouse :huh:

Try of the week-end for me is the 7th try scored by SF all the way from 80 m (from 4:00)

I agree having seen the tries of the weekend only this am....a thing of beauty!!!!

Latest posts