• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top14 attendance record beaten

D

DonBilly

Stade Français will host Biarritz Olympique for a regular Top14 season match on saturday evening in the Stade de France. They have arranged it to get more seats available to the public and consequently the so far record of the Top14 which happened when the Stade Français hosted Stade Toulousain sooner this season will be beaten, i.e. more than 79562 tickets were sold for this match.

This will be also displayed on TV at prime time but I don't know if TV5 will broadcast it in the rest of the world as they did with Stade Français - Stade Toulousain match.

Yeah it will be live on TV5 but won't be shown live on Setanta, only deferred.

The Biarritz Olympique are the team in form at the moment in the French championship. They lost the home game versus the Stade Français and the relation between the two team is far from being peaceful.

RUG_HOME_200600302.jpg

This is the summit of this round of the Top14. This is a shame nevertheless that this happens the week prior to le Crunch. I am pretty sure tat several of the Bleus will be injured this weekend.

How big is the top 14 in terms of public interest, i can see it just being under football, but alot less than the GP. I am still waiting for a Gp game to move to the football stadiums. Maybe even a HEC game.

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Mar 4 2006, 12:27 PM
How big is the top 14 in terms of public interest, i can see it just being under football, but alot less than the GP. I am still waiting for a Gp game to move to the football stadiums. Maybe even a HEC game.

BM
Such as Leicester regularly moving to the Walkers Stadium for big games?

big diff with the walkers stadium and the stade de france

some 50,000 difference

Considering there are only 9 stadiums in England, Scotland and Wales that hold over 50,000 (Twickenham, Wembley, Old Trafford, St. James' Park, Millennium Stadium, Celtic Park, Ibrox, Murrayfield, Hampden Park), and the Walkers is one of the to 15 staduims in England (in terms of size) at 32,500, it's hardly small now is it?

Agreed, not close to the Stade de France, but for years the PG cup final has sold out Twickenham, with 90% of tickets going after the final has been decided.

Big difference between Paris and Leicester

some 7 million difference in Metro area

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Mar 4 2006, 12:27 PM

BM
The interest is much bigger than the Premiership, the opening days in the GP have not filled Twickenham, about 60000, yet here we are tonight with the second full house at the Stade de France for a regular club game, Bourgoin are going to play 2 games outside of the Pierre Rajon at Stade Gerland, 42000, and Stade Geoffroy Guichard, 32000. Stade Toulousain regularly move matches from the Ernest Wallon to the Stade Municipale, giving some 15000 extra tickets. Interest is really growing and the crowds are just phenomenal.

Stade Français have tightened up the championship after their 21-16 win tonight at the Stade de France in front of another massive crowd. Crucial try from Dominici in the last quarter to seal the win for Paris. Plenty of injury worries though ahead of the 6N especially to Mauro Bergamasco and Nicolas Brusque, think we could hear more injury news in the next few days as well.

Latest posts