• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulon v Munster

Well Lads - It's good to be back on Irish soil.
A very quiet and depressing journey home but well I think this might be a good thing as it will force us to transfer some power but in a smart way.
Like ok Quinny, Hayes, Wallace and few other's might not be what they were but it has to be said they owe us absolutely nothing as the fact of the matter is we have all had so many great days with them regardless of if you are a Munster fan or a rugby fan.

Now we need to gradually introduce a few younger guys - and this analysis might sound harsh on some but if I were to pick a team next week here is what I would go with.

1. Du Preez - Is a steady player
2. Varley - A stand-out performer this season. Deserves the Irish shirt
3. Buckley - Simply because Hayes I'd rather bows out for what he was: A fine servant who gave us everything he had and more
4. DOC - Just because I want this done gradually
5. POC - Is a leader and our true captain. Did well today
6. Leamy - This is his best position and I'd like to see him or if he is at 8 then Holland had fine game Friday.
7. Wallace - Simply because Niall Ronan isn't at this level and we havent another 7 yet
8. Paddy Butler - I just want to see him have a go at this level and be 1 of the first gradual changes
9. Stringer - Did well today and there is time in him yet
10. ROG - We don't have another 10
11. Hurley - Isn't exceptional but doesn't let us down and excellent kick-chaser
12. Mafi - I think he deserves a go ahead of Sam
13. Barry Murphy - Is in good form and could be an asset if we keep him away from injury
14. Howlett - Still has alot to offer
15. Earls - Can be used brilliantly counter-runner

16. Sherry
17. Hurley
18. Hayes
19. Nagle - Let's give him some time at this level and see what he will do
20. Ryan
21. Coughlan (O'Mahony if fit)
22. T.O'L (Can cover 10 too as emergency or anywhere in backs)
23. Johne Murphy

Reason I left Warwick out is, apart from being slightly concussed, he isn't certain about future.

Over next few weeks I want JJ Hanrahan given games at 10 just to see.
Dave Foley, Tommy O'Donnell and a few more academy guys given shots. Also lads I will say don't be surprised to see changes in coaching set-up. I think Fisher may be a casualty

Complete re-think of the Munster set-up is needed. Simple.

Munster will be back. No doubt about that. They got the the British & Irish cup final last season which shows strength in dept.

Munster will be back. No doubt about that. They got the the British & Irish cup final last season which shows strength in dept.

If by that it means their 2nd string can beat a competition made up of semi-pro players...

Bullit some of Munster academy players only train on a semi-pro basis too so it's like for like

1255.jpg

PRECIOUS!

Back to topic and I know alot of talk is on Munster been out and past it but I hope it doesn't take from reality too that Toulon were awesome yesterday and deserving of a place in the QF.
It was nice to see Jonny Wilkinson at his best in the flesh too and as I said I hope the fact Munster are out doesn't overshadow Toulon been superb

Agreed and well I think we will get our Academy production methods correct as soon as possible

Back to topic and I know alot of talk is on Munster been out and past it but I hope it doesn't take from reality too that Toulon were awesome yesterday and deserving of a place in the QF.
It was nice to see Jonny Wilkinson at his best in the flesh too and as I said I hope the fact Munster are out doesn't overshadow Toulon been superb

Em, Toulon were good but nothing special. Munster were just rubbish.

Lateral running with no penetration isn't a game plan. And when it failed plan B didn't exist. McGahon didn't change anything at half-time so we came out and did more passing the ball from side to side.

McGahon needs to go or else bring in someone capable of a planning a game.

Backrow was owned yesterday. The likes of O'Donall, Peter O'Mahony and Butler need to be brought through. If they were in any other province they'd be seeing proper action.

Munster were poor, but I don't fault them for effort.

Right Mr. Bullit, leave the poor younguns alone, I know whenever you dis Munster, it's out of love. You're infatuated with us. But just say it loud. I'm sure Munster will like you too.

Glad Munster are out, my shove them towards catching up with Leinster and Ulster's developmet level. Cheering for Ulster, Leinster and Northampton. First two coz they're Irish, and NH because they deserved more last year and they have a great young team.

Latest posts