• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulon v Munster

It was time to give Ian Nagle, Peter O'Mahony and Paddy Butler regular game time at the start of this season. Persist with plodders like Mick O'Driscoll, James Coughlan and Niall Ronan and today's result is what you get. Get JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray and Felix Jones into the lineup on a more consitent basis asap too. It'll result in a couple of months of bad results but will pay dividends by the start of next season.

Leinster are going well but Ulster can't be over-rated but I think if you take a step back Ulster haven't been immense in the big games. I think Bath were a poor team and away to Perpignan were a poor team.

It was time to give Ian Nagle, Peter O'Mahony and Paddy Butler regular game time at the start of this season. Persist with plodders like Mick O'Driscoll, James Coughlan and Niall Ronan and today's result is what you get. Get JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray and Felix Jones into the lineup on a more consitent basis asap too. It'll result in a couple of months of bad results but will pay dividends by the start of next season.

Agree with this (In fairness Felix would've been a bigger part if fit) but we do have to start these guys more and rotate the senior guys smartly while playing the IRFU Player system

Perhaps, but you have to remember that Ulster were coming off literally nothing last season. They've got a good fifteen but after that they have very little in the tank.

They've brought through the likes of Gilroy, Faloon, Tuohy, Cave, Nevin Spence etc. Those boys should keep them in good stead for the future and if they can build a deeper panel, they could be making quarter finals on a regular basis.

We'll see how Ulster sit after the Aironi game.

Little unfair on Ulster, no?

No. Did you see that **** with Biarritz.

In other news: O'Gara is a **** and needs to die for that bleating he's giving about the binning now. Horrible, arrogant, over-rated plastic-paddy.

Feic I'm not saying they aren't good but they're not ready for Irish starting yet.

No. Did you see that **** with Biarritz.

In other news: O'Gara is a **** and needs to die for that bleating he's giving about the binning now. Horrible, arrogant, over-rated plastic-paddy.

Bad match yes, but a win over quality opposition. They've put themselves in a good position to make the last eight and are stronger than they've been for a while. It's especially impressive when you consider the talent drain they've suffered over the last few years. Add the likes of Neil Best, Roger Wilson, Tommy Bowe and Isaac Boss to their squad and they'd be a serious outfit.

I disagree because with the exception of Bowe I think it was a great thing Ulster let other guys go

Boss is playing very well for us at the moment and Wilson is loved up in Northampton (correct me if I'm wrong Bullitt please). They'd add alot of experiance too mind.

You need a squad to compete on two fronts and that's something that Ulster seriously lack at the moment.

Oh I agree they are playing well now but when they were in Ulster they went bit stale.
I think Piennar is a big part of Ulster playing well and the backrow Ulster have now

Was a good game by Toulon, that yellow card for O'Gara was deserved according to the ref? Didn't see the incident but he didn't make him self popular.

Well either way, we're going a bit off topic here.

Toulon were fantastic today, Munster were poor.

Agreed with Feic as we can't complain Toulon were the much better team and deserve their spot in the QF as facts show they navigated their way through the Pool best.

On the Ulster issue...

Biarritz was not a game for pretty rugby. We have played pretty rugby recently.

However, we are not playing to the same standard as Leinster. Thats self evident. That doesn't mean we don't have good players. Hell, Ireland haven't been playing to the same standard as Leinster.

I personally believe a lot of the Ulster players aren't quite ready. I expect the Wolfhounds to be Ulster heavy. But right now, only Ferris, Court, Trimble, Tuohy, Wallace and Best should really be in Ireland contention (all things being equal).

That is all.

I apologise for dragging this off topic. How did Sackey play, saw he got a try.

He was pretty good actually. Makes me feel a little silly for mocking him the other day. That said, I still think he's a bad player.

Latest posts