• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulon v Munster

Hate to agree with Bullitts comment but all I can say is it seems it is end of a run but it January now and I hope that we now use last few months to blood guys in and start now preparing for new era and future

22 points and 19 minutes. Goodbye Munster.

On the plus side (for their players at least), Kidney will still only select from the region.

Disagree Bullit as. Munster man I want Sean O'Brien and Mike Ross in. Paulie i think should start and well I think Varley, Stringer and Paulie are only 3 I'd have in

Toulon prop in the bin, Munster might actually have parity in the scrums now (if Toulon don't bring on a replacement that is)

Hindsight is wonderful thing, but the writing has been on the wall for this Munster team since the 30-0 in the RDS. Perhaps if the likes of Donnacha Ryan, Duncan Williams, Tommy O'Donnell, Ian Nagle and co. had been given more responisbility from that point, they wouldn't find themselves in the position they're in now.

Even look at this season. While Leinster and Ulster have given younger lads their chance while the internationals were missing, Munster have relied on the like of Niall Ronan and Jamies Coughlan, players who'll never be good enough, to carry them through the league.

Toulon look like a class act, defence has been amazing!

Feic you make good point too but add in that for some reason we can't even prop up a table this season I forget the last time we held our own in the scrum even.
I just hope this may be a blessing in disguise for us

Wow! Sackey with a bloody good run there!

*Cock... Johnson will call him back... <_<

Yup, can only hope. Munster need to find a new Tighthead desperately. It's a shame in that respect that Jamie Hagan has signed a new deal at Connacht. Anyway, I have it from a lad who went to school with him that he's set on getting the Leinster shirt in a few years. We'd certainly have him.

The backrow also needs serious development. The raw materials are most certainly within the province, it's just a question of giving them game time now.

We need a 1, 3, 7, 8, 12, 13, 15.
But look scrum has been a major problem so we need to sort that out and then in the backrow if O'Mahony, Butler and maybe O'Donnell come good that might not be as bad and we need 1 centre badly too

Munster need a new 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and a whole bench + reserves by the looks of things.

Wallace scored so I'll be nice.

9. Stringer
10. Sexton
11. McFadden
12. D'Arcy
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Fitz

I like the look of that backline for Ireland... Except maybe Fitz at fullback... We don't really have any competent on form fullbacks at the moment

Latest posts