• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulon v Munster

I think Toulon will win narrowly but wouldn't be at all surprised if Munster pulled out a performance akin to the Perpignan away game last year. Toulon aren't to be feared since the Turnips already squashed them only a couple of months ago.

Munster have the experience of winning in France. I really think though this is simply going to be a shootout between ROG and Wilkinson. I can see it being a tight game up front hence why we have 6 forward on bench.

If we can get a bright start in and weather the storm they will throw at us in first 20-25 mins then this might just work for us. In 2nd half then we have option of Buckley when it opens up a bit to do damage in the loose

This game reminds me of that quarter final Munster played in Biarritz a good few years back. Yeah, the can do it, but they're going to be seriously up against it.

Very true Feic, this will be a tight game but it is interesting just Reading that the amount of players over 29 years is well above average.
Just hope we can do it and well we need to play smart though

Jonny is a different beast at Toulon. He's kept fit and seems to be back near his best for. If I were English I'd want him in the 22 for the 6N most certainly.

Nah, his form doesn't really carry across
Cracking for Toulon, sir kicksalot for Anglais

Not Toulon strongest team, esp in the forwards...Munster to get a def BP at least, if not the win.

Nah, his form doesn't really carry across
Cracking for Toulon, sir kicksalot for Anglais
He's equally frustrating to watch for Toulon. Against Racing Metro last week I think he attempted 7 drop goals, nailing just 3 of them. With Wilkinson you have a guy who'll sit in the pocket and frustrate the hell out of his backline but who plays the percentages pretty well and keeps his pack on the front foot.

Add in an unlike Jonny miss in front of posts snoop. But well he can still be a danger at any time

Getting excited about watching O'Gara vs Wilkinson is a bit like getting excited about those little sausages in your beans on toast.

I ******* hate beans, which is, oddly enough, pretty much how I feel about this game.

Oh good grief Hayes is starting. Toulon by a million-bazillion points. Munsters only hope is if Paul Sackey sees a lot of the ball

Munster scrum already getting mullered. Ross for Ireland.

Munster look like they're going to get dicked at the moment. Wilkinson with a chance to extend the Toulon led after ROG crosses in midfield. Warwick looks a bit shakey here, he'll do well to stay on.

And it's 9-3

FFS, another penalty at the scrum. early on I know, but this is pathetic.

16-3

A try!

Ah, there's Felipe choking against Munster as per usual.

O'Callaghan sent to the bin. Going from bad to worse for Munster.

EDIT: That was bloody stupid from DOC. No point to the block. Wilkinson adds the three.

19-6

Latest posts