• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulon v Munster

Does Felipe ever not choke?
Can't remember seeing him have a good game in a Toulon shirt (or Argentina in a long while for that matter)

He was a great servant of Leinster, but I'm happier to have Sexton tbh.

Fantastic try for Toulon. Mignoni with an awesome break and Sackey actually did brilliantly to recover the situation. Game over.

Wilkinson nails it from the touchline. This is painful for Munster.

26-6

Cracking kick by Wilkinson on the line

Really thought that loose pass was heading out but fairplay by Sackey to recover/make it over

Looooong second half ahead of Munster

Half time score : 26-9 to the hosts.

I don't think anyone saw this coming. I predicted a Toulon win, but Munster haven't even shown up. As cliched as it is, the first score of the second half is going to be vital. Munster need a try and pronto.

Can they find a way back? Seems unlikely from here.

Toulon extend their lead to 20 again. Sigh.

EDIT: How do you lose a scrum against the head like that. Embarrassing. If Hayes features in the 6N, I'll cry.

Just turned on, WTF is that headband Sackey is wearing?

Snoop, what do you reckon of our internationals' performances today? At the moment Stringer and Varley are the only ones who look good enough for international rugby.

barnes and harrison are coming up with some shocking cliches, even by their standards.

Bout time someone gave ROG a slap!

Contepomi made eye contact with O gara... :/

Just seen that on the replay, did as much as Rees did to Hartley - 12 weeks ban for him

On the re-replay O'Gara got his fingers in the Toulon #9s eyes first (not a gouge, a push in the face, but still "contact with the eyes")

Last edited:
Snoop, what do you reckon of our internationals' performances today? At the moment Stringer and Varley are the only ones who look good enough for international rugby.
Not impressed at all. Munster are rattled and are poorly lead by Denis Leamy. He clearly isn't captaincy material. Stringer is decent. If Declan Kidney is brave, only Stringer and Paul O'Connell from that Munster team should be selected for Ireland.

O'Gara sees yellow. Strange one that, but Rog is a ****** anyway so I have little sympathy for him. Not really fair on Munster though.

Not impressed at all. Munster are rattled and are poorly lead by Denis Leamy. He clearly isn't captaincy material. Stringer is decent. If Declan Kidney is brave, only Stringer and Paul O'Connell from that Munster team should be selected for Ireland.

Has O'Connell done anything really? He's looked off the pace to me. far from his usual self.

He's been poor but Ireland have limited second row options. Only O'Connell, Leo Cullen and maybe Dan Tuohy are good enough.

Lads wat can be said. This game can't finish soon enough but fair play to Toulon and I don't know how it looks on tv but here we are just been overpowered in every area and we need to blood new guys in ML now

Aye, it's a sad way for them to bow out, but you can't help but agree with Mite on the basis of today. Where do they go from here? Hayes, Flannery, O'Connell, O'Callaghan, Wallace, Quinlan, Stringer, O'Gara and Howlett - the nucleus of the team, are well into their thirties and are in serious decline. Warwick, another senior player, is on his way out and who can blame him?

Tough times ahead you feel down south.

Latest posts