Toulon v Ospreys

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Stade Félix Mayol, 9/10/2010 @ 14:30 (Canal+)

Big game first up. Ospreys are improving with every match, and their big players are starting to perform. It will be interesting to see if Hook comes straight back into the starting lineup or not. I've not been all that impressed with Bowe in the centre so far, so I'd be tempted to start Hook moving Bowe back to the wing. Harsh on Fussell who's been great so far, but I think we've gotta play our big names for this game.

I think this is a game the Ospreys can win. They should take confidence in what the Blues did there last year in the Amlin. Need to at least come away with a loosing bonus point I feel. Seriously looking forward to this game!

This should be a brilliant game, both teams on good form at the moment

I <3 HEC

Big match for the O's got to follow the Blues example of beating them in their own backyard!

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see whom the Ospreys think is their best team. Fussell has scored four tries in four starts, yet will probably be left on the bench. Hopefully Toulon are hit by food poisoning at the last minute...

Have you become the new team chef of the Toulon squad by any chance DuncTheDoodle?

This could go any way imo Cyril. Toulon aren't guaranteed to take the HC seriously, as many French teams tend to do before winning the Top14 first. They have a great pack, but not one which the Ospreys can't live with, and I'd take the Ospreys backs any day of the week over the Toulon ones. The way Cardiff Blues outplayed them last year gives me confidence that Toulon have some big weaknesses. Not that the Ospreys haven't shown their fair share of weaknesses over the years though.

If I had to predict the result, I'd probably go for a Toulon win with the O's picking up a loosing bp. But a couple of moments of magic from Hook, Bowe, Shane, Byrne could easily result in an Ospreys win. One things for sure though, Biggar can't have one of his off days. He's gotta slot every kickable penalty imo.

You gotta love the Heineken Cup :) Jerry Collins will soften Wilko up for us next week

I want to see Jezza put at 10 on regular occasions to flatten old Jonny Boy. 'Twould be epic, in the traditional sense of the word.

Ospreys team:
15 Lee Byrne, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Andrew Bishop, 12 James Hook, 11 Shane Williams
, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Mike Phillips, 1 Paul James, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Adam Jones, 4 Ian Gough, 5 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt), 6 Jerry Collins, 7 Marty Holah, 8 Jonathan Thomas
Replacements
16 Huw Bennett, 17 Ryan Bevington, 18 Craig Mitchell, 19 Ryan Jones, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Jamie Nutbrown, 22 Gareth Owen, 23 Nikki Walker

Wrong call on JT/Ryan Jones. The Ospreys have looked far more 'with it' when Ryan's come on for JT- He's a good player, but doesn't have the game understanding Ryan Jones does to be a No. 8. Suprised Fussell is out altogether, although I can understand why- Walker will offer far more impact off the bench (See Vs. Biarritz) than him. Tipuric's a suprise, too, but then who else have they got?
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbyn...s-heineken-team-91466-27430887/#ixzz11mPpGaqB

I think JT at 8 is a good call. He's played well so far there this season, and I don't think I've seen Ryan make a carrying yard in about two and half years.

how the ospreys go in level at half time is beyond me. they've done absolutely nothing with the ball.

6 - 6 at half time, not a brilliant game. Is it just me or is Chris White favouring the defensive team with his penalty decisions? Seems like the majority of them have gone that way anyway.

Agreed,

Toulon are all over the Ospreys though. They just can't seem to convert that into points
Byrne of Collins are going to get a yellow in the second half, both been penalised a couple of times (holding on and entering from the side, respectively) and the ref seems to be losing patience with the 'spreys

Latest posts