• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Toulouse v Glasgow

Glasgow have secured the win now with that try, nearly made a mess of the chip through but got there in the end.

quite speechless really what the hell are toulose doing out there their qualification hopes are in serious jepordy now

That try begs the question:
Tarbh, you live in the land of cheeses and delicious wine: how is Clerc getting on at Toulouse? Likely to start for France in the 6N?

What has happened to Clerc since his trail blazing in 2007? He has gone awfully quiet since then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 17 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What has happened to Clerc since his trail blazing in 2007? He has gone awfully quiet since then.[/b]

well he was out injured for 8 months and only returned in December, I've not seen enough of him to say whether he'll start, still 2 more matches for him to prove himself, but he certainly loves playing against Ireland so I wouldn't be surprised if he starts at Croker.

Incredible result for Glasgow. Surely now this famous win will boost crowds. Scotland's two clubs definitely starting to challenge on the international stage now.

It's a good thing Glasgow aren't English because the presenters would be having an orgy in the studio right about now.

I don't think theres any exagerating there. To go and beat Tolouse, one of the biggest teams in Europe (if not the world), in their back yard deserves plaudits. If it were Munster or Wasps who won, people would be using words such as "miracle" and "sensational", why should Glasgow have to settle with "great".

Nay, I'll unleash the hyperbole because credit where credit is due. Sensational win by Glasgow!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 17 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't think theres any exagerating there. To go and beat Tolouse, one of the biggest teams in Europe (if not the world), in their back yard deserves plaudits. If it were Munster or Wasps who won, people would be using words such as "miracle" and "sensational", why should Glasgow have to settle with "great".

Nay, I'll unleash the hyperbole because credit where credit is due. Sensational win by Glasgow![/b]
'Sensational' is not nearly hyperbole enough! TRY HARDER DAMN YOU!

Incredible! Fantastic! As if Diana and Obama themselves appeared and won the game!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 17 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nay, I'll unleash the hyperbole because credit where credit is due. Sensational win by Glasgow![/b]

well you said both sides were going to challenge on the international stage, hence my comment slight exaggeration as neither side will qualify nor contend to win the league

What an unbelievable result. All credit to Glasgow here, very impressive indeed!

Was it a good game? Can anyone shed any light on the level of performances for me?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Jan 17 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What an unbelievable result. All credit to Glasgow here, very impressive indeed!

Was it a good game? Can anyone shed any light on the level of performances for me?[/b]

Was a good game, Glasgow's second try was unbelievable, some superb handling, did well to take the chip and finish off the move, the Glasgow backs looked really impressive for me. Yet credit to Toulouse who kept going till the end to get the bonus point. Great game, don't think the French were too pleased with Barnes but that's nothing new as far as Europe is concerned this year.

Latest posts