• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken & Challenge Cup 2018/19 Pool Draws

Happy with our pool, there's nobody to scare us from that. We'll beat the Wasps pack up and there isn't much to Bath at all. (I'd love if we put up a big score just to see the look on that **** of an owner's face.) I can see us losing that away game to Toulouse but overall I'm not that worried.

I'd say

Leinster
Exeter
Saracens
Racing
Montpellier

and then Toulon, Glasgow and Scarlets as the runners up.

Considering how stop start Glasgow have been in Europe the past few seasons and the fact that they beat Lyon, I think Blues have a chance of sneaking 2nd place.

Yes Tigers can't get Munster
So the 3some has became a 2some and we are out of the love triangle. BOOO.

On the pools. I actually am happy with our draw. I think it will be tough but could have been alot worst

Challenge Cup Pools

POOL 1: Northampton, Clermont Auvergne, Dragons, Timisoara Saracens

POOL 2: Pau, Ospreys, Worcester, Stade Francais

POOL 3: Sale, Connacht, Bordeaux-Begles, Perpignan

POOL 4: La Rochelle, Zebre, Bristol Bears, Enisei-STM

POOL 5: Benetton Rugby, Harlequins, Agen, Grenoble
I am sooo happy rn

11 cups between the sides in pool 1 v 10 in the rest of the competition, means very little now but interesting nonetheless.

Yeah, when the draw was happening I was thinking it that if we got Toulon there'd be 13 ***les in our group.

Munster away could be great fun. That's deffo the one I'm looking forward to.

I'll have to check a map to see where Castres is........

Castres is small, very small and is between Toulouse and Montpellier. A really unique atmosphere, the whole town is completely behind the club.

Castres is genuinely a no fun area great fans and club but more a suburb area Looking forward to Exeter though and Gloucester is a place I love

I actually think this was one of the best Heineken cup draws in years. there was a freshness to it which was exciting.
As for my thoughts well Pool 1 is a beauty although I still think Leinster are favourites. Toulouse aren't the team they were and Wasps and Bath, while very good on their day are probably too inconsistent at the moment. my prediction Leinster to go through but will lose at least one of their away games.
Pool 2 is another interesting one although I would say Exeter or Munster are likely to win that group. I think their away games at Castres and Gloucester will decide that head to head. Chiefs and Munster will win their home game against each other. Prediction: Munster top the group on Bonus points.
Pool 3 I think is a much simpler pool to assess. Saracens should win that group convincingly and get a home Quarter-final in the process. Glasgow have always fallen short in Europe and I don't see Cardiff making that much of an impact. Lyon will probably focus on the top 14 after 2/3 rounds. Prediction: Saracens to win group easily
Pool 4 I think Racing 92 will win this group. the Scarlets will do well again but they have lost a couple of key players so it may take them time to gel. I'm afraid I don't see Ulster or Leicester competing apart from at Ravenhill and Welford Road respectively. I don't think either of those teams have the depth or quality of squad to sustain a challenge this season. Prediction - Racing to win the group.
Pool 5 I think Toulon will walk this group. Montpellier are a good team who could beat Toulon at home but I think they'll slip up in Edinburgh. Edinburgh will cause Montpellier and Toulon a few problems I think. Newcastle are the outsiders and I don't expect much from them but you never know.

Castres is genuinely a no fun area great fans and club but more a suburb area Looking forward to Exeter though and Gloucester is a place I love
Castres is small, very small and is between Toulouse and Montpellier. A really unique atmosphere, the whole town is completely behind the club.
Thanks fellas.

I'm already planning for a weekend trip to Ireland for the Munster game, whenever it might be. Half an hour on Google has informed me that Thomond Park is in Limerick and I can fly from Bristol to Dublin, hiring a car to drive the rest of the journey.

Delighted with that. Nothing much to worry about and hopefully the dates line up so I can get to Toulouse.

Happy with our pool, there's nobody to scare us from that. We'll beat the Wasps pack up and there isn't much to Bath at all. (I'd love if we put up a big score just to see the look on that **** of an owner's face.) I can see us losing that away game to Toulouse but overall I'm not that worried.

I wish I had a comeback...

Alpha, didn't you live in/near Toulouse? How is it, worth a trip?

Thanks fellas.

I'm already planning for a weekend trip to Ireland for the Munster game, whenever it might be. Half an hour on Google has informed me that Thomond Park is in Limerick and I can fly from Bristol to Dublin, hiring a car to drive the rest of the journey.
Or you can fly to Shannon and it 15minute drive to Thomond Park

I wish I had a comeback...

Alpha, didn't you live in/near Toulouse? How is it, worth a trip?
Lived there for 9 months on Erasmus. Totally worth it in my opinion, great city, great food, some really good pubs too and they should be hyped to be back in Europe so there'll be a good atmosphere, they were a bit depressed the year I was there with the team doing so badly.

Just realised this will be I think the 5th time in a row we have had a paris team in the pools....
Might go to see the new stadium BUT Not sure on it being a good day and night out TBH.

Ulster might be the only one that might be of interest to me really.

Just realised this will be I think the 5th time in a row we have had a paris team in the pools....
Might go to see the new stadium BUT Not sure on it being a good day and night out TBH.

Ulster might be the only one that might be of interest to me really.
You should tell your team to scrape through their pool so you can cone to Dublin. I'll put you up in the garage, it has a broken radiator, a damp mattress and loads of half finished bottles of spirits - you'll feel right at home and even feel fancy with the presence of golf clubs.

You should tell your team to scrape through their pool so you can cone to Dublin. I'll put you up in the garage, it has a broken radiator, a damp mattress and loads of half finished bottles of spirits - you'll feel right at home and even feel fancy with the presence of golf clubs.

You better be careful my English blood might take over me and I might occupy it for say 800 years.

Latest posts