• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2011/12

Ulster have signed lock David O'Mahony into their academy from Munster's set up.

I know sod all about him, save he played for the Ireland U20s a bit this season.

Someone give me more info.

Ulster have also signed up Chris Farrell (Campbell), Stuart Olding (BRA), Peter Nelson (RSD) and Caleb Morrison (Ballymena Academy) for the academy as well. I think Morrison's the only one who hasn't played Ireland age-grade and I might be wrong on that too.

All replacing contracts vacated by the promotion of Niall Annett, Luke Marshall, Paddy Jackson, James McKinney and Craig Gilroy to development and senior deals (Marshall and Gilroy straight to senior I think).

Anyone got any info on Nic Mayhew or Richard Bolt who have just signed for Quins?

Keen on this Mayhew Prop, could do with a bit of grunt in the front row, but i know nothing of him!

Jamie Davies + Nathan Brew (both NG Dragons) to Neath RFC (Welsh Prem)
Yes Brew is going back to his old stomping ground after a very disappointing season with the Draggs

Jamie Davies + Nathan Brew (both NG Dragons) to Neath RFC (Welsh Prem)
Yes Brew is going back to his old stomping ground after a very disappointing season with the Draggs

Might want to add to Neath:

In:

David Bishop (Edinburgh)
Owain Ford (Tonmawr)
Stefan Jones (Swansea)

Out:

Stephen Thomas
Greg Evans
Gerwyn Price
Ejike Uzoigwe

Newport RFC have confirmed 9 new players:

Dan Ajuwa (wing). Born Lagos, Nigeria. Played for Neath 2010/1 (2 apps) and Ebbw Vale Div 1 East Championship. Brother of Joe (ex-Scarlets, Llandovery etc) who played in Men Of Gwent 7's finals for the beaten Welsh Wizards vs Newport RFC 2009.

Ifan Evans (wing). Born Aberystwyth, 5'10 & 14st 2. Pleyed for Aberystwyth. Also for Llandovery & Llanelli for whom he made total of 113 league apps scoring 36t.

Elliot Frewen (full-back). Born Bridgend. 5'9 & 11st 5. Played 2010/1 for Tonmawr making 13 Premier League appearances.

Will Rees Hole (centre). Attended Cowbridge CS. Joins from UWIC.

Ryan James (scrum-half). Born Newport. 5'10 & 12st 6. Has played played 111 league games 2005/6-2010/1. Played for Crawshays.

Charlie Johnstone (centre). Born Cardiff. 6'2 & 13st 5lbs. Made over 50 Premier League appearances for Glamorgan Wdrs and Bedwas. Newport RFC debut vs Neath (H) Oct 2010 on permit from Bedwas.

Luke Plummer (centre). Born Haverfordwest. 6'5 & 17st 9. Dragons U20. Played for Dings Crusaders, Bedwas and Newport 2008/9. Replacement at Parc y Scarlets April 2009 (W36-10). Son of Bristol parents. Father played for Bristol Colts with former Newport scrum-half Keith Plummer (no relation). Made 3 apps for Newport RFC 2008/9.

Dale Rogers (hooker). Joins from Taffs Well.

Hywel Stoddart (backrow). Born Pontypridd. 6'3 & 16st 8. Played for Llandovery and Tonmawr.Brother of Wales / Scarlets wing Morgan Stoddart.

Is Ifan Evans really 14st? Saw him in Academy last Christmas and I don't think he looked anywhere neer that, I would have thought more around the 13st mark, although he could have bulked up since I suppose. Anyway, I hope this move is good for him, maybe the Dragons will fancy giving him a go at some point?

Is Ifan Evans really 14st? Saw him in Academy last Christmas and I don't think he looked anywhere neer that, I would have thought more around the 13st mark, although he could have bulked up since I suppose. Anyway, I hope this move is good for him, maybe the Dragons will fancy giving him a go at some point?

Aye 14st ... of which little is body fat. The story is that he may well get a chance for the Dragons if he preforms well for Newport and when the Dragons are short.

With Harries and Thomas out until December/January I could see him given a shot if he has a few good performances for Newport RFC.
Dan Ajuwa is supposed to be better than Joe, but that isn't saying much...
Nathan Brew was useless and Jamie was never given a shot but did a good job for Cross Keys.

Don't know much about Hywel, hopefully he can tackle better than Moggsy. Looks like he played 8 for Tonmawr, could be a decent signing to cover when Faletau is dominating the Six Nations. Now we just need a solid, young openside. Any chance Warburton would join the Dragons?? :p

Anyone got any info on Nic Mayhew or Richard Bolt who have just signed for Quins?

Keen on this Mayhew Prop, could do with a bit of grunt in the front row, but i know nothing of him!

Sorry to dissapoint you, but hes useless. Gets dominated reguarly in North Harbour club rugby, which isnt very strong. He never made the North Harbour team, despite the articles claiming he has. Quins requritment should get the sack over this one.

Didn't realise Stoddart had a brother. Is this Hywel any good, then? Obviously he's not going to set the world alight if he's 26 and still playing Welsh Prem, but he could be decent cover for Big Tobe and Gavin Thomas, who has to be on the way out.

Cathal did go over but came back because it was only a trial but he was bit disillusioned in with what happening there.

Glad we didn't take him on either way. Rather have a Scottish youngster being developed than a foreign one. We've not got the space to take on over seas players if they're not sliding straight into the 1st team and offering a lot with it.

Latest posts