• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

It would appear that they can still sell him, but that they will face a fine.

Newport could either sell for £150K and accept the fine or, wait and he goes for free at the end of his contract.

Also I wonder how Toby feels, being told he can't develop his career at club level.

No Toby you have to stay in Wales and hope to win 6N and play in a RWC every 4 years...

Would you accept that?

I think it's more to protect the Welsh regions, keeping welsh players in Wlaes, and developing the game in Wales, rather than being about one player. Talupe can leave at the end of his contract. This might also be about the WRU and another one of the regions putting a deal together for him, and this buys the WRU and co some time to do it. If he does leave, Gatland's Law will really be tested.

Munster have signed Lucas Gonzalez Amorisino from Cardiff for 3 months as a medical joker.

that could be an excellent signing, played for us a few seasons back when we had a bucket full of Argies, the first season he was brill and the second not so hot, he blows a little hot and cold but on his day difficult man to stop.

Picamoles signed to Saints 3 year deal.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/picamoles-signs-for-northampton/

Heard we are in talks with SBW and Toomua for 2016 season.

SBW is contracted to the NZRU through 2016 - and will be likely going to the Olympics. I think it's safe to say that he'd more likely return to Toulon than head to the Tigers.

Would also be shocked if Toomua budged as well. He's still only 25, and by the time in the next three seasons he'll likely be near enough the 60 cap mark where he can be selected for Australia and go overseas. Add to that almost any Australian player will be looking at sabbaticals in Japan like Foley before heading to Europe.

SBW is contracted to the NZRU through 2016 - and will be likely going to the Olympics. I think it's safe to say that he'd more likely return to Toulon than head to the Tigers.

Would also be shocked if Toomua budged as well. He's still only 25, and by the time in the next three seasons he'll likely be near enough the 60 cap mark where he can be selected for Australia and go overseas. Add to that almost any Australian player will be looking at sabbaticals in Japan like Foley before heading to Europe.

2016 means 2016/17 season which is after Olympics.

Just going from what i heard.

I suspect we are in talks with pretty much every major 12 around, doesn't mean they will come.

Mauger wants a top 12.

I suspect we are in talks with pretty much every major 12 around, doesn't mean they will come.

Mauger wants a top 12.

Yeah, but the point I was making is that he is contracted through the 2016 season with the NZRU. So at best he would come in late November. Either way - fairly sure Toulon are willing to break the bank to get him back, so on the chance he did sign in Europe (outside of staying through to the Lions tour in 2017, going to play in Japan, Rugby League, or focus on his not so spectacular boxing career) I can't see Leicester being the biggest draw.

If I was any club in Europe at the moment I'd be going after Damian de Allende. He's young, extremely talented, and playing for Leicester wouldn't prevent him playing for the Springboks.

Mauger wants a top 12.

Does JDV not count as a top 12? Or more of a 13 so manu plays when JDV is injured or away etc

Does JDV not count as a top 12? Or more of a 13 so manu plays when JDV is injured or away etc

No we pretty much are not getting another top player this season (Mainly due to it being late and contracts are done etc. We are in talks with a few with the eyes on 2016/17 season.

But there is the option for this season if there is a chance to get a player.

Now official as announced this afternoon Louis Picamoles to Northampton from Toulouse, it was us or them we lost out. Northampton have got themselves one of Frances best players, he will not come cheap however!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's it going to mean for his International career?

They could always do an Aussie change the rule sort of thing and with Noves taking over as the National team coach, they could be influence there, as he was his coach at Toulouse and knows him as well as anybody. Watch this space.

What's it going to mean for his International career?

Doubt it will be a problem particularly as the French team manager gets so much less time with his players than Lancaster!! It was this lack of availability of English players (for squad sessions) in France that was one of the biggest reasons why they were banned! The retention of those players for strength of the AP was a later justification of a stupid ban!!!

This is a great signing for Northampton!
Louis Picamoles will be one of the first names in Guy Novès' squad!

Pretty disapointed to see him leave France, and i doubt he ll be replaced by a french guy, more like a sudaf or an aussie.
He seems to be cleared out of injuries now, but i dont know if it is reasonable to get a contract startin at the end of the season. Maybe waitin for march or april to set this would be better for both player and clubs.

Toomua was at Welford road yesterday, so who knows.

Yeah, but the point I was making is that he is contracted through the 2016 season with the NZRU. So at best he would come in late November. Either way - fairly sure Toulon are willing to break the bank to get him back, so on the chance he did sign in Europe (outside of staying through to the Lions tour in 2017, going to play in Japan, Rugby League, or focus on his not so spectacular boxing career) I can't see Leicester being the biggest draw.

If I was any club in Europe at the moment I'd be going after Damian de Allende. He's young, extremely talented, and playing for Leicester wouldn't prevent him playing for the Springboks.

I doubt SBW would come just a rumour.

De Allende would be great but hasn't he just signed a new deal?

Latest posts