• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Jordan Crane confirmed to Bristol

m.leicestermercury.co.uk/Jordan-Crane-leave-Leicester-Tigers-summer-join/story-29252019-detail/story.html

m.leicestermercury.co.uk/Jordan-Crane-leave-Leicester-Tigers-summer-join/story-29252019-detail/story.html
Surprised he didn't want a get out clause when Bristol screw up promotion again.

He'll actually get game time at Brizzle, though, and maybe won't look out of his depth against the semi-pro sides :p

Good signing for us. I'll ignore the snide comments from our colleagues lower down the page.

I'm surprised Sale weren't all over Crane. They do seem to enjoy a good bargain bucket signing.

We were heavily linked a few months ago but thank God we either saw sense or were out bid.
We love bargain bucket players but they more often than not pay off (semi pro prop in the Russian league? Check. Ex-All Black flank too injured to get a contract? Check. Journeyman ex-All Black centre who was at relegation fodder club before not impressing at a bigger club? Check.)
I think the only risk we've taken that's not paid off (that I can think of, anyway) is Tony Buckley, and I was VERY vocal in how crap of an idea it was to sign him.

NEWCASTLE FALCONS - Current comings and going for next season.

Players In
Sam Lockwood (LH Prop) from Jersey
Ben Sowery ( Hooker) from Worcester
Andrew Davidson (Lock) from Scotland Academy
Nick Civetta (Lock) from US
Harrison Orr (6/8) from Ealing Trailfinders
David Tameilau (Back Row 6/8)from US
Joshua Chisanga (No.8)from Kenya Rugby
Sam Egerton (SH) from Sevens
Joel Hodgson (9/10/15) from Yorkshire Carnegie
Vereniki Goneva (Wing) from Leicester Tigers

Players Out
George McGuigan to Leicester Tigers
Rob Hawkins retiring
Richard Mayhew to Yorkshire Carnegie
Ruki Tipuna to Yorkshire Carnegie
Josh Furno - Zebra
Tuilagi Brothers - Who knows, who cares!
Gonzalo Tiesi - Confirmed leaving, but not sure where
Todd Clever - New US league team - San Diego

- - - Updated - - -

Shame, good player for Falcons. We're not exactly short at lock though, so I'm not devastated.

Im not remotely bothered about this.

He "could" could have been good....but he was either injured or away with Italy...to then come back....Injured! Likewise Kane Thompson who should be off aswell. And that will free up some budget.

We have some very strong locks in our academy who are pretty much ready -Witty re-signing is very good, and some of the new signings are good aswell. Ormstead looks a huge guy with loads of grunt. An old school style Canadian lock forward. And that Civetta looks VERY promising.

I see we have also signed the Scotland U20 lock Davidson from the Scottish Academy. Wont make much impact on this seasons first team...but he is another big lad.

Seems the trend for our signings this summer...huge mobile guys and BIG carriers.

Yeah he's another like Brookes, Youngs etc that has come back. Mixed opinions from the Falcons fans.

Talented player but we shall see what happens.

Looks quick. Winger I presume?

Yes, he's a winger and from what I saw he could play at the centre. He's one of the fastest NRL players and he's very loved and respected by League fans in Australia, most of them say that he's top class.

I dont know if @RoosTah; is agree with me

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely the ARU have more important things to spend their money on than a winger?
Unless they're hoping he entices some league fans to follow union

Surely the ARU have more important things to spend their money on than a winger?
Unless they're hoping he entices some league fans to follow union

I doubt it. He'd be playing for the Rebels, so I doubt it as Melbourne is so suffocatingly focused on Australian Football that your average Melbournian is only vaguely aware there are two types of Rugby, with most assuming that it's all League thanks to the NRL. Last time I was there I was talking to a guy about the Super Rugby and he was under the impression that the Melbourne Rebels were brought in to be the "cross town rivals" to the Storm in the NRL lol. Melbourne and the AFL is a bit like London is with the EPL - it's almost singularly obsessed. This is a city that has a public holiday on the week of the AFL Grand Final just so people can properly prepare for the festivities - everything else is of peripheral interest (although they'll turn out for big events for most sports - Origin got 90k there last year).

To be frank, the Rebels are targeting him purely because they lack strike power out wide and they need to have more x factor players in general if they're ever going to do anything.

Latest posts