• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

gives him another season to beat the record no. of tries for the TOP 14, think he needs 4/5 to set new record

He is leaving ST basically because he is too old to justify ST accommodating his cost in the salary cap yet RCT want to play him so he can beat a record........

I think there are many of the smaller clubs in the Top 14 who would benefit hugely from his experience and also allow him the opportunity.

Boudjellal must be losing it.......or Clerc is going to be spending more time on the bench than on the pitch? You do not score tries from there methinks?!

I dont think beating a try scoring record is the real reason, but we all know there are finacial problems at Toulouse even if French fan denies it, so as pre usual it's about money one way or another.

He is leaving ST basically because he is too old to justify ST accommodating his cost in the salary cap yet RCT want to play him so he can beat a record........

I think there are many of the smaller clubs in the Top 14 who would benefit hugely from his experience and also allow him the opportunity.

Au revoir to Vincent and a big thank you to him for everything he gave to the club and fans, very likeable person, fantastic player. He's been equal to himself all the way to this last season. He gave a lot to the team this season even though there was no offer of an extension so full credit to him.

His time is up at 35 unfortunately. Same for Poitrenaud and Lamboley who are leaving.

Boudjellal must be losing it.......or Clerc is going to be spending more time on the bench than on the pitch? You do not score tries from there methinks?!
yes it's odd. He will sit on bench next season something he's never done at Toulouse - Have made this point before that Toulon are hoovering many incl. players they don't need.

I was joking when I said that Wasps were following Bath's lead, before, but it really does look like it now.
Academy shmacademy.

Pests' academy took something of a battering before their takeover due to running out of money so wouldn't be surprised to see a bit more of this for a while. Personally think the RFU should fund the academies completely and withdraw all other sources of funding, as the academies are too important to be cut to the bone by desperate clubs, but guess that's politically impossible.

Interesting question about where they redraw the academy boundaries as well with their move, assuming they do.

I think they'd have to, it would be ridiculous if they didn't.

Last edited:
It's an awkward situation, though.
They've moved to an area with three strong academies already in the mix. They can't really keep taking players from London but then is it fair on Tigers/Saints/Worcester that Wasps will have, essentially, bought a load of their youth by moving to the Ricoh?

There was talk that they were told they could move but had to leave their academy where it was - but I can't see that standing in the review. There's talk Wasps want Warwick - Wuss have invested £2.1m there. They can leave Middlesex as Wasps if they want, but I can't see parents from there going along with it. Whichever London club does get Middlesex gets a ridiculous amount of talent.

All a mess.

They can leave Middlesex as Wasps if they want, but I can't see parents from there going along with it.

Nope.... not when they have any number of clubs within easy driving distance.

Particularly if LI try and groundshare with Brentford.

Surely Wasps can tap into Birmingham, the second most populated city in the UK?

Latest posts