• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2016-2017

Fingers crossed but will prob be injured. His style of rugby shouldn't be that affected by his age really.

Toulon getting rid of its French players...

Yea that's what I mean. If ye can get him a string of games I think he'd suit ye and be a star signing. He has plenty of rugby left in him

Arno Botha and John Cooney to Ulster next season confirmed.

Alesana Tuilagi ---> Toulon.

What is Toulon on atm?? Totally uninspiring signing. He wasn't the best winger (fourth maybe?) at Falcons, let alone a team like Toulon.

Alesana Tuilagi ---> Toulon.

What is Toulon on atm?? Totally uninspiring signing. He wasn't the best winger (fourth maybe?) at Falcons, let alone a team like Toulon.

He's got a lot of relatives, could that be the game they're playing?

Jobs for the boys from Cockers, surely?
Alesana looks way off the pace for top flight rugby these days, there must've been a lot of players knocking around that could have come in and done a better job for less money.

Jobs for the boys from Cockers, surely?
Alesana looks way off the pace for top flight rugby these days, there must've been a lot of players knocking around that could have come in and done a better job for less money.

Nah if Cockers really wanted him he would of brought him back to Tigers (our wingers have had injury issues of late) this is the type of signing Toulon just make.

Tigers have standards though :p
Toulon will sign anyone if they've got a big name (hence bringing Fat Stevens out of retirement the other season).

Tigers have standards though :p
Toulon will sign anyone if they've got a big name (hence bringing Fat Stevens out of retirement the other season).

Hence why I don't think this is a job for the lads by Cockers.

- - - Updated - - -

Toulon going down the Chinese Super League school of signings.

Ryan lamb to get a 500k wage?

Toulon have always done this IMO, they just got lucky in that Wilkinson/Hayman/Masoe et al held the team together really well.

I've never bought into the idea that it was particularly skilful management or recruitment.

Confirmed
Ethan Waller ---> Worcester
Calum Clark ----> Saracens

Think Saints will regret losing Ethan, I rate him from the limited time I have seen him, and he is the type of player who would of stayed if given some more game time.

Clark shouldn't be playing pro rugby.

Confirmed
Ethan Waller ---> Worcester
Calum Clark ----> Saracens

Think Saints will regret losing Ethan, I rate him from the limited time I have seen him, and he is the type of player who would of stayed if given some more game time.

Clark shouldn't be playing pro rugby.

Really happy Clark is going and really gutted Ethan is going.

What's the point in developing players, then not giving them game time and then letting them go! FFS

Ignoring the "other moral" aspects around Clark...

His actual game style will fit Saracens perfectly. A big, aggressive mobile flanker, lineout option. Only 27...he could be a very shrewd signing for them!

Last edited:
Really happy Clark is going and really gutted Ethan is going.

What's the point in developing players, then not giving them game time and then letting them go! FFS
Is a bit a head scratcher that
As impressive as his brothers 50 million consecutive games record is, can't help but feel he maybe should have missed a couple for Ethan

Ethan's problems have been around the park work for 80 mins not his scrum work.
But certainly a good 2ND choice.
Clark sick note penalty machine and that's being kind.
Start of clear out which should have started 18 months ago.
Coach or 2 next ?

Latest posts