• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2016-2017

Ethan's problems have been around the park work for 80 mins not his scrum work.
But certainly a good 2ND choice.
Clark sick note penalty machine and that's being kind.
Start of clear out which should have started 18 months ago.
Coach or 2 next ?

Ethan ever only got 5 minutes here and there so don't think it's an issue with his work for 80 minutes.

Can only post what I see Ethan was a good 2ND choice or 3rd when Tiny was in.He couldn't displace his brother 4 yrs of trying so for him and club good time to move on.
I wish him best.
As always my thoughts only.

Is a bit a head scratcher that
As impressive as his brothers 50 million consecutive games record is, can't help but feel he maybe should have missed a couple for Ethan
Theorising here, possibly making way for the return of Corbs?

Theorising here, possibly making way for the return of Corbs?

Unfortunately I just don't see it Corbs is 28 and currently living life in America working for NBC, don't see why he'd wanna come back to Northampton

Listening to his podcast, it seems unlikely he'd make a return. Not the best of podcasts unfortunately, first few are good, but it seems to become the "Alex Corbisiero is interviewed by..." show

Yeah - no way Corbs is making a comeback IMO. Personally I'd like to see him get involved with more coaching than punditry, but he's still young so good luck to him.

I imagine Ethan Waller just got tired of being his brother's understudy. I'm not sure if Worcester is the right destination given the very real threat of relegation, but with Rapava-Ruskin leaving, he's got a very good chance of being first choice which must have influenced his thinking.

Does this mean he can't play for Argentina anymore? If he can't, massively disappointing. I loved watching him play for them.

Well, not "anymore" but for the time he plays in Europe. I don't know for how many seasons he's signed though.

Chris Farrell
James Hart
JJ Hanrahan

Confirmed to us and bucket loads signed new deals

And there more in time

Squad options muff? Can't see any of them getting a start if they were with you now.

Factor in Lions and Internationals away so plenty of gametime. Jart will be backup 9. JJ will be possibly be bench lad who covers 10 15 12 basically everywhere. Farrell is 1 I have to wonder. Spoke with Jaco this morning and he's possibly staying 2 more years. Still it's great options and all players are of good quality. No they wouldn't start now but competition behind starting XV isn't superb whereas now we can cope with injuries.

We've been lucky enough with injuries as they've top physio on job

We have an international backrow and 1 or 2 other IQ squad guys being eyed up.

Last edited:
JJ was wasted by Saints big style.

JJ was considered to be wasted by Munster too, lots of potential but he hasn't convinced yet. I assume he's back to Limerick to play 10 as well when he's probably a better 12. I was convinced Munster ****ed up letting him go a couple of years ago now I'm thinking that paying him a big wage would be a mistake. (Don't know what he's getting)

JJ was considered to be wasted by Munster too, lots of potential but he hasn't convinced yet. I assume he's back to Limerick to play 10 as well when he's probably a better 12. I was convinced Munster ****ed up letting him go a couple of years ago now I'm thinking that paying him a big wage would be a mistake. (Don't know what he's getting)

Lower than you'd think. All 3 wages combined is less than Simon Zebo Wage x 1.5

Latest posts